I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh okay, SPG does have some pretty great deals with cash though. You can probably use that. Currently, i have the $60 off $300 SPG stay + 2500 for first stay, 5000 for 2nd stay promo, and the usual 4x. :]

i have added you to reddit group.

heh, i know what you mean... but i havent gotten a single point yet for JetBlue... haha. i should be getting a small bit in 4 days when the 30 days lapses...

I plan on using points for free nights. 10k points will get one free night. I should have at least enough for 3 nights. I also have Gold status with Starwood, which should get me an upgrade. :)

I'm curious how far it goes, ie CSR.

I was planning to buy something, both were at the same price on Amazon and Walmart. I was trying to see which would be a better route when it comes to points. Amazon will give me 5x UR and 3x JetBlue. Walmart would give me 7x UR points. that's what I was thinking at the time. ended up getting the 7x UR as I think it's more value to me.

2x walmart offer is always there.
I remember seeing this when it first popped up on my chase page- is it still showing as an offer,or is it just there all the time? thanks for the info -I can;t believe I forgot about this! Also Albort, I'm still curious about the 5x + 3x at amazon, how did you manage that?

I remember seeing this when it first popped up on my chase page- is it still showing as an offer,or is it just there all the time? thanks for the info -I can;t believe I forgot about this! Also Albort, I'm still curious about the 5x + 3x at amazon, how did you manage that?

Stacking.

Buy Amazon gift cards from the Gyft or Swych app, use Chase Ink Plus/Cash and checkout through PayPal earns 5x UR points. Or buy Amazon gift cards from office supply stores with Chase Ink Plus/Cash at 5x UR, or grocery stores with Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back. Load gift cards to your Amazon account. When you're ready to make a purchase, go through JetBlue's Partners portal for an Amazon shopping link to earn 3x TrueBlue points. Pay from gift cards.

Last edited:

Stacking.

Buy Amazon gift cards from the Gyft or Swych app, use Chase Ink Plus/Cash and checkout through PayPal earns 5x UR points. Or buy Amazon gift cards from office supply stores with Chase Ink Plus/Cash at 5x UR, or grocery stores with Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back. Load gift cards to your Amazon account. When you're ready to make a purchase, go through JetBlue's Partners portal for an Amazon shopping link to earn 3x TrueBlue points. Pay from gift cards.
thank you!

Ok question..... does the WM 5x + 2x points offer work if buying WM gift cards online? And the only info I can current;y find on the extra points using chase pay says it expired on Nov 4? thanks so much

Ok question..... does the WM 5x + 2x points offer work if buying WM gift cards online? And the only info I can current;y find on the extra points using chase pay says it expired on Nov 4? thanks so much

The 5x UR should work for gift cards online if using Chase Freedom, because Walmart is Freedom's Q4 bonus category. However, you're unlikely to get the 2x through Shop Through Chase on gift card purchases. Back during the Walmart+Chase Pay 10x promo, I went through Shop Through Chase for the extra 2x, but didn't get credited for any of my gift card purchases. Even adding non-gift card items into my order didn't carry over to the gift cards on Shop Through Chase, i.e., I got 2x credited to the non-gift card items only, no bonus credited to the gift card amounts. (I did get the 10x bonus on gift cards and non-gift card items during that promo.)

The 5x UR should work for gift cards online if using Chase Freedom, because Walmart is Freedom's Q4 bonus category. However, you're unlikely to get the 2x through Shop Through Chase on gift card purchases. Back during the Walmart+Chase Pay 10x promo, I went through Shop Through Chase for the extra 2x, but didn't get credited for any of my gift card purchases. Even adding non-gift card items into my order didn't carry over to the gift cards on Shop Through Chase, i.e., I got 2x credited to the non-gift card items only, no bonus credited to the gift card amounts. (I did get the 10x bonus on gift cards and non-gift card items during that promo.)
thank you

What's everyone's opinion for Amazon? Use their store card for 5% statement credit or use the CSR for UR points and their price protection? Amazon use to price match very easily but lately they have basically stopped it entirely.

I use a Ink+ to buy amazon gift card that earns me 5x UR. Then use jetblue's shopping portal for an additional 3x. unfortunately, there isnt much price protection at all.
I would suggest using camelcamelcamel to check the prices before you make that purchase.

I plan on using points for free nights. 10k points will get one free night. I should have at least enough for 3 nights. I also have Gold status with Starwood, which should get me an upgrade. :)

Do you know about Starwood's 5th Night free if you redeem for 4 nights? If you have enough for 3 nights, maybe put more spend on the card to get to 4 nights and get your 5th free.

Do you know about Starwood's 5th Night free if you redeem for 4 nights? If you have enough for 3 nights, maybe put more spend on the card to get to 4 nights and get your 5th free.

That is awesome! That's almost my entire stay! I have 10k Marriott rewards that I'm going to transfer, plus I will transfer all of my Membership Rewards. Thanks so much!

I was just approved for the Citi Premier card. I used the DoC link for the 50,000 point offer. They say it's worth $625 in travel. Does anyone have this card? Pros/Cons?

I was just approved for the Citi Premier card. I used the DoC link for the 50,000 point offer. They say it's worth $625 in travel. Does anyone have this card? Pros/Cons?

pro: citi price protection is pretty cool. this card in currently my gas card earning 3x. retention bonus is pretty cool. a ton of Asian airline partners.

con: u don't have a clue in what codes as 3x, 2x. cards not metal :,(.

Just got approved for the CapOne Spark Business...have an actual business, so 10k isn't necessarily an uphill climb, but will still need to get creative lol. Excited for the 12% return on everything though despite the horror that comes with the idea of spending 10k in 3 months... :crazy2:

DP: Just got off the phone with Chase, I removed myself from DH's CSP card, the CSR asked if I would be destroying or sending the card back, because removing myself from the account doesn't deactivate the card. I was also transferred over the the credit side to remove the card from my credit report. Should be removed in 5-7 business days. CIP here I come!

Posted over on reddit ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...s_central_thread_week_of_november_16/dpz9dqr/

So my Marriott Card statement closed 2 days ago and I earned 20,000 points from somebody using my link. If it was somebody in our DISchurners group just wanted to say THANKS! If it was you, PM me so I can thank you personally.

Also...sorry I've been quiet lately, actually had a busy couple of weeks at work for once, probably from missing a few days on our Universal trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter