I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also take BART from SFO to Embarcadero station for less than $10, transfer to the Muni F-line streetcar right on Market Street that’ll take you all the way to Fisherman’s Wharf for $2.75.

SS is $16 so it's a matter of time because my flight lands at 905 and the museum opens at 10 and I want as much time there as I can in case I want to use all day. I did think of the above and priced it, though I didn't realize there was a line that went to the wharf, there wasn't when I was there. I remember having to take muni to the castro and then a bus to get to the wharf when I was in college. I don't think it'll be an option in reverse because of the holiday and my flight leaves at 8:30 and I'm guessing they run holiday times as Sunday times, though it didn't specify on the page I looked at.

SS is $16 so it's a matter of time because my flight lands at 905 and the museum opens at 10 and I want as much time there as I can in case I want to use all day. I did think of the above and priced it, though I didn't realize there was a line that went to the wharf, there wasn't when I was there. I remember having to take muni to the castro and then a bus to get to the wharf when I was in college. I don't think it'll be an option in reverse because of the holiday and my flight leaves at 8:30 and I'm guessing they run holiday times as Sunday times, though it didn't specify on the page I looked at.

Yeah... for a $3-4 difference, Super Shuttle is well worth not having to suffer BART or Muni. Have fun! I love the Walt Disney Family Museum and the Presidio generally.

Yeah... for a $3-4 difference, Super Shuttle is well worth not having to suffer BART or Muni. Have fun! I love the Walt Disney Family Museum and the Presidio generally.

I'm excited to see it all. They were just starting to develop stuff in the Presidio when I was moving back to WA so it'll be something new to explore. Is it worth it to leave the museum for lunch or just eat there?

Thanks to everyone for the kitty condolences. This is the first time in 28 years that we haven't had a cat in the house. We had 6 at one point (yes, I'm one of THOSE) many years ago. This particular cat began visiting us back in 2007 - and usually on the coldest of nights. He would wander onto our deck and gaze through the french doors into our warm cozy house. The kids would go out and pet him and give him food (he was a sweet boy, and it was obvious he owned humans at one time). He would go away and come back to visit every few weeks. This went on for months (I forget how many). Finally, on a cold night in February, when DH was away on business, I awoke at 4:00am to a faint scratching sound. I peeked outside and saw this cat sitting on 2 inches of sleet on our deck with puss filled eyes while scratching the door to come inside. After a trip to the vet, we learned he had feline HIV, plus what appeared to be BB's or bird shot underneath his skin, PLUS an eye infection. This cat was one tough dude! After half heartedly trying to find him another home, he became a fixture in ours. He adored DH and would run to greet him at the door. Best. Cat. Ever.

Sniff sniff, now back to the regularly scheduled programming . . .

Oh my goodness, this makes me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. My first (and still most special cat ever) was 15yo when I had to take her to be put down. She was my best friend all through the rough teen years and would just sit and cuddle with me while I cried over some boy or friend drama. She even still loved me after I got her as a 7yo and I dressed her up in doll clothes and pushed her around in a stroller (which she tolerated). I loved that cat so much so I can understand how hard this is on you. I went to work the morning after putting her down and I started crying. Some co-worker said something like, "really? it's only a cat." My reply was not so nice. That was before I watched my language.

ETA: We have several kitties that roam our neighborhood and show up at my sliding door on cold days begging to get in. I let them in but I have to keep them in the laundry room cause two of my four kiddos have allergies to cats :( So, we bring the kitty in to get warm and we take turns sitting with them in the laundry room lol. I keep asking my kids that are allergic, "So, how do you feel about doing allergy shots?" So far, no takers, but I'm determined to wear them down!

Oh my goodness, this makes me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss. My first (and still most special cat ever) was 15yo when I had to take her to be put down. She was my best friend all through the rough teen years and would just sit and cuddle with me while I cried over some boy or friend drama. She even still loved me after I got her as a 7yo and I dressed her up in doll clothes and pushed her around in a stroller (which she tolerated). I loved that cat so much so I can understand how hard this is on you. I went to work the morning after putting her down and I started crying. Some co-worker said something like, "really? it's only a cat." My reply was not so nice. That was before I watched my language.

ETA: We have several kitties that roam our neighborhood and show up at my sliding door on cold days begging to get in. I let them in but I have to keep them in the laundry room cause two of my four kiddos have allergies to cats :( So, we bring the kitty in to get warm and we take turns sitting with them in the laundry room lol. I keep asking my kids that are allergic, "So, how do you feel about doing allergy shots?" So far, no takers, but I'm determined to wear them down!

Allergy shots = more credit card spend (gotta make this relevant - ha)! Good to know I'm not the only sucker on here. I have a hard time saying no to animals that wander up to my door. DH claims we are on the "no replacement policy." We'll see how long that lasts . . .

I'm excited to see it all. They were just starting to develop stuff in the Presidio when I was moving back to WA so it'll be something new to explore. Is it worth it to leave the museum for lunch or just eat there?

There’s a small cafe in the Walt Disney Family Museum, but I wouldn’t say the menu is anything really notable; mostly sandwiches, salads, soups, and desserts. On a nice day, you can enjoy a quick bite at some tables on the porch, look out to the Bay and even see Alcatraz.

Are you going on a Saturday or Sunday? If you’ll be there on a Sunday, there’s the Presidio Picnic event that’ll have two dozen food trucks to eat from.

https://offthegrid.com/event/presidio-picnic/2018-3-18-11am

https://www.presidio.gov/events/presidio-picnic

For more upscale dining and drinks, there’s Arguello and The Commissary around the Main Post, and the Presidio Social Club (try the beignets!) near ILM. Since you’ll be near ILM, also check out the Yoda fountain!

ETA: The Presidio Visitor Center is also nearby with historical and nature exhibits and a gift shop for NPS stuff. You should swing by!

Last edited:

Haven't noticed any other Washingtonian's in here but just in case from King 5, the basics -

I don't live there anymore, but I grew up in Bellingham and a lot of DH's family is still in the Seattle area. I like to keep up with the news from there.

Allergy shots = more credit card spend (gotta make this relevant - ha)! Good to know I'm not the only sucker on here. I have a hard time saying no to animals that wander up to my door. DH claims we are on the "no replacement policy." We'll see how long that lasts . . .

So sorry about your kitty. We have two that are 7 years old and every now and then I wonder if they will be our last. I can't imagine the house without a cat but I suspect that our age (DH just turned 50) we will be adopting older cats rather than kittens. I hope your DH comes around -- I actually was against getting our two that we have now, and I now happily say that I'm glad I lost that debate.

So, when I applied for the Amex Delta card today, the screen that came up after submitting my app said that I was approved and would receive my card in 2-3 biz days. But then the email I got from Amex said they would review my application and I'd receive another email from them if approved. I've not received anything else and the card is not showing up on my business account. So confused! Anyone know what to expect?

So, when I applied for the Amex Delta card today, the screen that came up after submitting my app said that I was approved and would receive my card in 2-3 biz days. But then the email I got from Amex said they would review my application and I'd receive another email from them if approved. I've not received anything else and the card is not showing up on my business account. So confused! Anyone know what to expect?

You’re very likely approved. Have you checked your application status here?: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

There seems to be some lag between Amex’s auto-approval system on their website and their email communications. I remember reading a few people had this issue recently with the SPG Biz. I wouldn’t worry, especially if the website tells you you’re approved.

I booked an AA flight through the Chase UR portal. It is not showing up in my AA account. Does it take some time to show? I only used UR to book AA once before and I don't remember doing anything to have it appear in AA. Do I have to do something to link it?

Did you remember to add your AA membership number?

I found the Starbucks deal on both DW's and my Chase Pay accounts.

I copied and pasted your earlier message to my older daughter and she was able to find the Starbucks deal on her account. She will make good use of it! Thanks from her to you!

Just getting back to bed as I just dropped her at Dulles with the babies to fly to Denver. Been up and out all night for a 5:30am flight.

I want to book a 2 bedroom villa at the Grand Californian in late July for 5 nights. Any advice on how to get the most points for this? I know I have to rent points, so I am in contact with the DVC Store to see if available. Should I use my CSR to get the most points?

I'm completely new to DVC point rental.

TIA!

DVC Rental Store codes as travel - so you can get 3x the points with a CSR. I use my Arrival to erase the cost completely.

You should! I think you're close enough to SF to make a weekend of it if I'm remembering correctly. The advantage for me is I went to college there and live in the bay area for over 7 years so the museum is the only thing I haven't done because it wasn't there when I was. Plus being by the wharf I can run along the water/embarcadero Sunday morning and take BART to the A's game without concern since I've done it before. I did just research uber to/from SFO and I'll probably be using my old friend SuperShuttle because it's at least 10 bucks cheaper and I doubt there will be many stops. I loved using them in college because our campus was always the last pick up and first drop off.
I'm in Denver ... an easy flight :)

I wish super shuttle had that schedule with my college! We were first pick up and last drop off... one time I had a 6:30am flight, and they picked me up at 2am...

You’re very likely approved. Have you checked your application status here?: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

There seems to be some lag between Amex’s auto-approval system on their website and their email communications. I remember reading a few people had this issue recently with the SPG Biz. I wouldn’t worry, especially if the website tells you you’re approved.

Thanks Lain. I was approved. Wish Chase had a site like that!

All those things happened to me with the SPG biz but then my approval email came within minutes after. I'm sure you're approved.

ETA: Just saw you got approval. Yay!

Well, now that I've been obsessively checking the AMEX status link the past few days I've finally memorized DH's SSN. Should make apps easier from here on out :laughing:

With my luck I probably raised flags by putting his personal income at almost 3x higher than when he got his personal SPG, since we're married now.

On another note, when I was listing up our current points for my post, my first thought when I realized how many URs we had was... Disney trip? And the next was, why did I decide to pay OOP on these hotels coming up? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter