I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you remember to add your AA membership number?

Yes. I have the AA membership number. I saw no where online to input it into the Chase Portal booking. And I see no where online on the AA site to link. I will call Chase today and see what happened.

There’s a small cafe in the Walt Disney Family Museum, but I wouldn’t say the menu is anything really notable; mostly sandwiches, salads, soups, and desserts. On a nice day, you can enjoy a quick bite at some tables on the porch, look out to the Bay and even see Alcatraz.

Are you going on a Saturday or Sunday? If you’ll be there on a Sunday, there’s the Presidio Picnic event that’ll have two dozen food trucks to eat from.

https://offthegrid.com/event/presidio-picnic/2018-3-18-11am

https://www.presidio.gov/events/presidio-picnic

For more upscale dining and drinks, there’s Arguello and The Commissary around the Main Post, and the Presidio Social Club (try the beignets!) near ILM. Since you’ll be near ILM, also check out the Yoda fountain!

ETA: The Presidio Visitor Center is also nearby with historical and nature exhibits and a gift shop for NPS stuff. You should swing by!

Thank you for the info! I'll be there on a Saturday, Sunday at the Mariners vs A's game. I'll have to check some of this other stuff out while I'm there.
Me! Me! I'm here! :yay:

We're closer to Portland than Seattle so I don't watch that station. Well let's be honest I don't watch any news.

I saw it on facebook where I follow them, I mostly watch the news in the morning for traffic and weather.

I wish super shuttle had that schedule with my college! We were first pick up and last drop off... one time I had a 6:30am flight, and they picked me up at 2am...

That would suck. We were close to the airport so the way they would route things we were the last on the way to the freeway to head to the airport or vice versa. The campus is on the edge of the city limits of SF so you had all the space between the golden gate bridge up to us off the one major road to to pick people up before you got to us. Staying by the wharf I am worried my return 830 flight will have a crazy early p/u but I should be able to find a PP lounge to use.

So, when I applied for the Amex Delta card today, the screen that came up after submitting my app said that I was approved and would receive my card in 2-3 biz days. But then the email I got from Amex said they would review my application and I'd receive another email from them if approved. I've not received anything else and the card is not showing up on my business account. So confused! Anyone know what to expect?

I know @Lain already answered but a little additional context for everybody here: this is totally expected with AMEX. I know many are addicted to Chase so they’re familiar with that process but not necessarily familiar with how others work. AMEX will often send a “thank you for applying email”. This can come even if you virtually got auto-approved. It’s nothing to worry about - just part of how their process works. :)

I know @Lain already answered but a little additional context for everybody here: this is totally expected with AMEX. I know many are addicted to Chase so they’re familiar with that process but not necessarily familiar with how others work. AMEX will often send a “thank you for applying email”. This can come even if you virtually got auto-approved. It’s nothing to worry about - just part of how their process works. :)

I got the two emails back to back yesterday when I applied. In the past it has only been just the approval.

I got the two emails back to back yesterday when I applied. In the past it has only been just the approval.
That probably means that before you got auto-approved and this time you went into ultra-short pending status.

Sometimes you only get one or the other email, Sometimes both and sometimes you truly go “pending”. It really depends on your approval process and what happens in those 15-60 seconds while you’re waiting. I don’t really have stats on it but in 20ish AMEX cards I’ve had it happen all 4 ways multiple times.

@hsmamato2 - In order to book a partner award, the airline you will be physically flying on would have to have saver or off peak award availability. It is possible that the dates you are searching have no partner award availability. I saw you mention earlier that it is too late to open an Iberia account and wait 90 days so you can transfer Avios over to book your flight directly on Iberia, so your travel must be coming up. It is possible that any partner award availability Iberia released was already booked.

Yes, we have flown on BA using Avios to visit many international destinations. I only fly BA up front for European trips due to the taxes and fees. I know I'm going to connect through London and pay out the ying yang in taxes and fees. So I view my BA flights in terms of paying less than an economy ticket price in fees and using my Avios points to upgrade myself to first class. Avios is a distance based program so for most people, the points are best used in domestic short haul flights or short flights within Asia.

We are also booking our award flights the day they become available, thus increasing our chances of securing award flights. This is why I have always recommended on this thread to plan 2 years in advance. One year to secure points so that they are in place to book flights one year before you travel. However, even 330 + days out an airline may not release partner availability if it is a peak travel time. This happened to us for booking the Antarctica trip. But I knew it likely would. At the 2 years out mark, I had checked flights for the time frame we'd be traveling. There were no saver awards so I knew I would not be able to use Avios to book a partner award and I'd need to have 345,000 AA miles per person in place at a year out.

You can always call BA and see if they are able to find you an award flight. Can't hurt to try.
THANK YOU for the advice! I will see what I can do with these BA points..but I may have to push that out in the future to do so,depending on what I decide. (I just feel like I have a pile of wasted points for the last couple of years that needs using) I've kept them active so they don't expire.....

I spend nearly all my time on this thread... then saw the rumor about Disney charging to park in their resorts (overnight guests) on Facebook... and came back to Dis to check and sure enough there's a giant rumor thread. Why must Disney be so expensive? How do families afford it without credit card points? I don't get it.

@hsmamato2 - In order to book a partner award, the airline you will be physically flying on would have to have saver or off peak award availability. It is possible that the dates you are searching have no partner award availability. I saw you mention earlier that it is too late to open an Iberia account and wait 90 days so you can transfer Avios over to book your flight directly on Iberia, so your travel must be coming up. It is possible that any partner award availability Iberia released was already booked.

Yes, we have flown on BA using Avios to visit many international destinations. I only fly BA up front for European trips due to the taxes and fees. I know I'm going to connect through London and pay out the ying yang in taxes and fees. So I view my BA flights in terms of paying less than an economy ticket price in fees and using my Avios points to upgrade myself to first class. Avios is a distance based program so for most people, the points are best used in domestic short haul flights or short flights within Asia.

We are also booking our award flights the day they become available, thus increasing our chances of securing award flights. This is why I have always recommended on this thread to plan 2 years in advance. One year to secure points so that they are in place to book flights one year before you travel. However, even 330 + days out an airline may not release partner availability if it is a peak travel time. This happened to us for booking the Antarctica trip. But I knew it likely would. At the 2 years out mark, I had checked flights for the time frame we'd be traveling. There were no saver awards so I knew I would not be able to use Avios to book a partner award and I'd need to have 345,000 AA miles per person in place at a year out.

You can always call BA and see if they are able to find you an award flight. Can't hurt to try.
So....if I completely change my mind about Europe:rolleyes1 and try for LAX-HON... I can see availability on AA thru AK air using AA award points at 22.5k- would that indicate that there is award availability to call BA and use? Or it HAS to appear on the BA site to use my Avios (I'm sorry I sound dense,I've literally been reading on this for 2 years and can't grasp the exact 'how' of doing this)

I spend nearly all my time on this thread... then saw the rumor about Disney charging to park in their resorts (overnight guests) on Facebook... and came back to Dis to check and sure enough there's a giant rumor thread. Why must Disney be so expensive? How do families afford it without credit card points? I don't get it.
I have just been reading through all of that too. It doesn't really affect me, since I am DVC, but I find it insane.

thats just disney's way of "reducing" the crowd... :P
i honestly dont know why ppl would pay $500+ for Grand Californian Hotels. they are always at 90% capacity.
I started working there in 2006 and till this day, man, the amount of hotels going up at quite a high rate.

So....if I completely change my mind about Europe:rolleyes1 and try for LAX-HON... I can see availability on AA thru AK air using AA award points at 22.5k- would that indicate that there is award availability to call BA and use? Or it HAS to appear on the BA site to use my Avios (I'm sorry I sound dense,I've literally been reading on this for 2 years and can't grasp the exact 'how' of doing this)

your best thing to do is to call BA. the last time i search for flights, BA does not like stopovers... so if there is an stopover, it will not show up. you would need to do leg by leg.

I have just been reading through all of that too. It doesn't really affect me, since I am DVC, but I find it insane.

I'm going next on rented DVC points so apparently I'll be spared (well, my reservation is already locked so I'm spared this time regardless).

This is another way for the mouse to make DVC look attractive. But those prices right now are on a crazy bubble too.

Just UGH.

i honestly dont know why ppl would pay $500+ for Grand Californian Hotels. they are always at 90% capacity.
I started working there in 2006 and till this day, man, the amount of hotels going up at quite a high rate.

For me to spend that much a night, my head better be in a Four Seasons bed. Sorry, but the mouse doesn't get it from me - the Grands are nice but I have my limits!

Thanks to everyone for the kitty condolences. This is the first time in 28 years that we haven't had a cat in the house. We had 6 at one point (yes, I'm one of THOSE) many years ago. This particular cat began visiting us back in 2007 - and usually on the coldest of nights. He would wander onto our deck and gaze through the french doors into our warm cozy house. The kids would go out and pet him and give him food (he was a sweet boy, and it was obvious he owned humans at one time). He would go away and come back to visit every few weeks. This went on for months (I forget how many). Finally, on a cold night in February, when DH was away on business, I awoke at 4:00am to a faint scratching sound. I peeked outside and saw this cat sitting on 2 inches of sleet on our deck with puss filled eyes while scratching the door to come inside. After a trip to the vet, we learned he had feline HIV, plus what appeared to be BB's or bird shot underneath his skin, PLUS an eye infection. This cat was one tough dude! After half heartedly trying to find him another home, he became a fixture in ours. He adored DH and would run to greet him at the door. Best. Cat. Ever.

Sniff sniff, now back to the regularly scheduled programming . . .

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had 6 at one time, too, and all close to the same age. We lost one after another after another; trying to help them battle various cancers, liver ailments, kidney failure...by whatever means were necessary...and every loss was completely devastating. All of them were rescues. So from someone who understands that many people wouldn't have put in the effort, thank you for taking such wonderful care of him. He was truly lucky to find you. But they know where to go when they need help. They can identify those who have empathy and compassion. He clearly recognized it in you.

Last edited:
I'm going next on rented DVC points so apparently I'll be spared (well, my reservation is already locked so I'm spared this time regardless).

This is another way for the mouse to make DVC look attractive. But those prices right now are on a crazy bubble too.

Just UGH.

I agree with that. I LOVE my DVC, but I bought in 2002 at $65 a point, it's more than double that now, way more.

I feel the same. This is a discussion DH and I have regularly. He always says if only we had more money... and I say I'd probably still stay at the Swan/Dolphin if paying OOP. We wouldn't have been able to take as long of a trip, or eaten at all of the places we wanted without cc points. I mean, I guess we could have, only because of our current minimal living expenses. But we cut around $7k off our trip! We could have due to circumstances but I wouldn't have. That was what led me to credit cards in the first place - we were aiming for $6k-$7k for a two week honeymoon budget, and when I put in mod room prices or rented DVC points (on the lower end) we were at $7k just for flights/hotel/tickets/transportation... We ended up coming in at $6k total, even after making the trip almost a week longer - minus the cruise fare because that was a gift from my in-laws.

Yes. I have the AA membership number. I saw no where online to input it into the Chase Portal booking. And I see no where online on the AA site to link. I will call Chase today and see what happened.

All is good. I called Chase UR and they were able to link the flight to my AA account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter