If you worked at Disney

Probably something similar to what I do now. Public Safety either through Police/Security or Fire/EMS I would be very interested in getting into their emergency management and disaster contingency planning and operations.

You and me both!

I think I would be happy doing just about anything at the World...except mousekeeping or park trash-detail. On a serious note, anyone know what the average pay per hour is in the parks/hotels/restaurants? Even setting up reservations? Also, do employees get big discounts? Do they have retirement and health insurance?

I would be working with the horses, either leading trail rides or driving the horse drawn trams in MK.

I would want to be an Imagineer...I am always thinking up new rides, etc...my recent one: Little Einsteins...you get into rocket for a mission around the world....you see all the major monuments and buildings...a few famous pieces of art work...and listen to classical music...this ride would be at Epcot.

When I "grow up" I want to work at Disney...

I would like to work in the resorts as the person who does the room assignments. I would love to spread magical upgrades to people and honor their requests. :wizard:

My dream job would be to go around trading pins. I don't think that job actually exists though.:thumbsup2

Hmmm...
The one who thinks up the new character meal ideas. :)

Imagineering sounds like it would be fun.

Or I kinda think it would be fun to be one of the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique ladies. At least for half a day. :D

I currently am seasonal at WDW as a character attendant (it is so much fun, and the best "job" ever!). And in Aug I will be doing the CP, this time in Attractions. I think it would be awsome if I could do JC or GMR.

It sounds like I'm in the minority here but I would actually LOVE to have a job in maintenance. I would not want to work around the "Magic" for fear that it would take away from the experience on my time off. I actually worked at DTD as a parking attendant and it was nice because I was away from the "magic." I'm a certified Harley-Davidson mechanic with years of experience currently working at a chemical plant so my dream job would be working at the maintenance bay behind SSR working on the golf carts, trucks, and other vehicles or working at the bay behind MK working on the monorails. There I would feel away from the "magic" enough that it would still be special for me to enjoy myself on the weekends. I try to talk my wife into it every day...:confused3

I would like to work behind the scenes in engineering/ride maintenance. I currently work in control systems so I'm fascinated in how the rides are control systems work :)

I would love working in one of the kitchens, preferably a lower key bakery of some kind. Might also be fun to work on their printed media since I'm a graphic designer.

:worship: I would love to help paint the murals and help with the other decorations throughout the parks, for christmas and halloween ect.:dance3: Talk about a dream come true......

On a serious note, anyone know what the average pay per hour is in the parks/hotels/restaurants? Even setting up reservations? Also, do employees get big discounts? Do they have retirement and health insurance?

Frontline Cast Members at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake/Lake Buena Vista, Florida make $7.25 per hour to start, with selected roles having higher starting pay rates as high as $12.95 per hour.

Frontline Cast Members at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California make $9.32 per hour (effective 15 March) to start, with selected roles having higher starting pay rates as high as $11.95 per hour.

All Cast Members receive Complimentary Admission at the Disney Theme Parks worldwide (excluding the theme parks of the Tokyo Disney Resort), as well as discounts on Merchandise, Food & Beverage and Resort Hotel/Disney Cruise Line reservations.

They are also eligible for various discounts on the various initiatives of The Walt Disney Company, as well as outside retailer discounts in the greater Central Florida/Southern California communities.

Full Time Cast Members, as well as their Children, Spouses, and Same-Sex Domestic Partners are eligible for Health Insurance. Most roles are also eligible for Retirement Benefits, in the form of either a 401k or a Pension Plan (depending on the role).

I would like to work in the resorts as the person who does the room assignments. I would love to spread magical upgrades to people and honor their requests. :wizard:

Those people are always stressed out. Imagine having to do a 300-2000 piece puzzle everyday :) And they never have "normal" hours and have to deal with lots of complaints. They do an awesome job though:thumbsup2

I did work at Disney & absolutely LOVED my job. What did I do? I took room service orders at the Yacht & Beach Club. I had no idea what I would be doing when I went to apply, but because of my background in food service & answering phone, my "Casting Agent" suggested it and it was a wonderful, wonderful job! The people I worked with were amazing & the atmosphere was great. I would almost literally skip to work whenever I had to go in! I hated that I lost my FT job and had to leave FL & Disney, but I will never forget it. If I ever had the chance, I would go back & try for something similar!

The park perks were great, but even better was our food! Our manager would occasionally "screw up" an order for us for breakfast or lunch (my usual shifts) and we'd get to eat something different. Or, if there were new items on the menu over the the Yachtsman Steakhouse, we'd get to "try" that, too!
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter