If you worked at Disney

I think I would be happy doing just about anything at the World...except mousekeeping or park trash-detail. On a serious note, anyone know what the average pay per hour is in the parks/hotels/restaurants? Even setting up reservations? Also, do employees get big discounts? Do they have retirement and health insurance?

Actually, some of the trash-detail jobs were some of the best. If you like talking with people that is and you have more freedom to be able to walk around and not be stuck in a specific store. When I worked at DW I worked in a retail shop that was part of Downtown Disney. I loved my job but really wanted to be in the parks. I had a full time job already and had to have availaility for anytime on two days at least. So, my two days were Sat and Sun. Needless to say, with some of the late hours MK had, I couldn't chance working till the wee hours of the morning and then go to my full time job on just a few hours of sleep. It was great to be able to get in the parks free however, working 7 days a week, I had to take a sick day from my full time job just to be able to take advantage of it. My best perk was going on the Disney Cruise as a cast member-the discount was awesome, though, you don't know till the day you arrive at the ship if you will get on or not but all that stress was worth it when we got on and way cheap! (not sure if it still works that way or not) They also give out trinkets and free tickets throughout the year. I worked New years (eve or day) one year (can't remember which) and they gave the CMs who worked that day a poster (just for Disney Employees). They also gave out lots of different buttons and watches throughout the year as well. That and the stores for Disney Employees only was too cool-you would have things that not everyone was able to buy. I loved it but had to resign when they wouldn't let me off work for my wedding-no kidding!

This thread is a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

cool thread...

I think i would be better fit behind the scenes. I am more of a techie. :goodvibes

I would love to work in the accounting office. I love working with figures and paperwork.:rotfl: Or work behind sceens at one of the shows.

There are so many that I would love to have.
First off I would love to be any character. Right now I think if I was a face character (that means someone who's face you see) I would want to be one of Cinderellas step sisters or any of the female villains who's face you see. Villains are more fun to play :woohoo:
But if I wasn't a character I would want to be a cm in the Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, or the Jungle Cruise.
Lastly if I worked at a restaurant it would be the 50's Prime Time Cafe.
I'm quite a character!:dance3:

I would want to work in California Grill, making people magical nights even more magical with ridiculously wonderful customer service.

I would want to play Cinderella or work the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Carribbean

I have been prepared to answer this question my entire life! I have ALWAYS dreamed of working at Disney World!pixiedust:

1. Photopass Photographer
  2. Cashier at Retail Shops on Main Street
  3. Monorail Driver

I would like to work either at Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror. Also Back Lot Tour...I love that! I also would like to be involved in planning trips or special occasions

My kids say I would scrub floors at Disney, just to work there!
*My choice would be in the event planning or food services*!
*My DD could be Tinkerbelle and if she gets into UCF she just might*

I would LOVE to be one the Main St. performers, riding the Trolley, dancing and singing my way up Main Street USA!

"Clang, Clang"!

2008disneyvacationflorida421.jpg

any job that lets me interact with the public and see the magic in there eyes as they enjoy there stay at WDW

Definitely dancing in one of the shows. I think that's always going to be a regret that I never auditioned. I still have those moments where I think 'should I just try?' Sadly though, life gets in the way sometimes. My top 2 choices would be Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King.

I always had a dream to work at WDW too! I'm from CA & worked at the Disney Store here for ages after high school - then one day I decided to just go for it. I didn't know anyone in Florida at all, but I at least knew that I had somethign going for me being a disney employee already.

Well, I saved my money for a few months (I also had another f/t job), asked my other employer if I could use the company fed-ex account to send my stuff, rented an apt over the phone/fax, and flew one way to FL! I was 20, didn't know anyone, had no car, only the money in my pocket and no job. But within a week, I was working at WDW and f/t during the week as an accountant. It was a scary plane ride, I was a nervous wreck, but it was the single best thing I ever did for myself - not to mention the most fun!

I worked at the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular (one of the people who helps you find a seat & asks everyone to stand up & move to the center) - that was me! But I REALLY wanted to be a face character -I missed the auditions by a week. :( I should have planned that one better.... lol

I still would love to be a face character or a parade dancer in those super cool costumes.... ah maybe someday.

I would love to work in of the resorts - interacting with guests of course.

I haven't been able to decide among 3 jobs, so maybe I'll rotate. The first two jobs are at AK-either the CM who stands at the tip board answering questions and giving directions (I'm already practicing my "Disney point") or out at Rafiki's Planet Watch working indoors and answering questions. If I'm at AK, though, wherever I am, I have to drive one of the jeeps in the afternoon parade. My other choice is at OKW in the gift shop. DH has only one job he really wants-anything at one of the golf courses. Course Marshall perhaps?

After reading the article in the D23 magazine, I have another career option. :) I want to work for the Disney Archives! I could be a mini Dave Smith! ;)

In thinking about this, I would love to:
1.) Epcot - cast member answering people's questions.:thumbsup2
2.) Disney engineering/logistics - to use my background in engineering and industrial planning to plan the bus schedules/manning better.;)
3.) Typhoon Lagoon: customer service/maintenance.
:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter