In your opinion, what was the ugliest car ever made?

The Honda Cube is uuuuuuugly

View attachment 642139

I had that exact one! It got totaled, so I bought another in turquoise the last year they were available. It's a great little car. It's small and easy to park, but very roomy and comfortable inside and you're seated higher than a sedan. The back seats can be moved forward or backward for more passenger space or more cargo space.
Not the best car to be driving in high winds, being a lightweight box, but it does just fine otherwise.

When I was a tween, I wanted a Gremlin when I got my license, but got stuck driving the old family 1967 Plymouth Valiant, almost as ugly as the K-cars. A girl in my college dorm had a Gremlin and she let me drive it once. 3 speed manual transmission.

When the AMC Pacer came out, I wanted that too.

I learned to drive stick on a Chevy El Camino, one of the delivery vehicles at my father’s company.

This one:
7F4776B7-F5F8-4D43-89A1-CED7640BE1D5.png

The Gremlin is up there. I had a Gremlin that my parents bought for me and to make it even uglier it was poop brown. It could be a pain (the distributor cap would sometimes pop off when I started it) but it was a V8 and when I put my foot down it answered.
I also had a PT Cruiser. It was bright red and I loved it! I still miss it.

My vote goes to the Fiat Multipla. It’s been described as “a Fisher-Price activity board that’s been attacked with a razor blade.”

D30EBD06-B017-4C79-B4A7-B4AE0CD0CB8D.jpeg

That easily looks like it could have been one of those ridiculous redneck custom cars. I'm surprised it doesn't have a gigantic spoiler made from housing materials from Lowe's.
And it was incredibly EASY to find examples on the web, because you can't make these things up.
64afab898adf72b08044a8dddf655288e91238fd.jpg

AMC Gremlin. I had one as my first car and I was really ugly.

We had a Gremlin for a few years when I was growing up. Money was tight and my Dad got it for a good deal and we needed the extra car. Ours was green. Oh yeah, his buddies at work teased him on that, but hey it got us from point A to point B and never had issues.

I was going to say the Family Truckster from National Lampoons Family Vacation - if you think you hate it now - wait till you drive it 🤣🤣🤣

You didn't order it in the Metallic Pea? :rotfl:

As for me, I never liked the El Camino (do you want to be a car or a truck?) and I absolutely think the grills on current Lexus vehicles are ugly.

This was pretty bad. 1979 Buick Century Hatchback. Ugh.

Attachments

• 569808D4-8B0A-4ACF-B4DC-08C4D6383B0E.jpeg
    569808D4-8B0A-4ACF-B4DC-08C4D6383B0E.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
That easily looks like it could have been one of those ridiculous redneck custom cars. I'm surprised it doesn't have a gigantic spoiler made from housing materials from Lowe's.

That's was just Subaru's attempt at a car based pickup. Cars had been available with pickup bodies as early as the Model T. It was pretty easy to do when everything was body and frame, and they just needed to pin a bed to the frame. Ford introduced the concept of a low slung car based pickup with the Ranchero, which then led to imitators like the El Camino, Dodge Rampage, and Subaru Brat.

1024px-Ford_Ranchero_Front.jpg

1987_chevrolet_el_camino_1597878100de540a6d8330399e24pJ0TyApQRcympFiX2y3AHA.jpg

Subaru brought back the concept with the Baja.

256614.jpg

There were others, like the VW Rabbit pickup.

16281969993ac0f88021bc198A2865-LowRes-scaled-e1628814027428.jpg

But as for weird looking, there was the late 80s Nissan Pulsar NX with the removable rear section that could be configured with different units. And the ugliest was the Sportbak version that gave it the most storage area. But it wasn't just that it looked like a box, but that the color never quite matched and the way the window was arranged was absolutely bizarre.

1.jpg

We all know about the AMC Pacer, AMC Gremlin, Nissan Cube, and our favorite fiat and the like, but here are some more lesser known ugly cars just as worthy of the title.

Chevy SSR pick up. Yup. A two seat convertible pick up. Complete with mustache front bumper and Piece of Trash cruiser styling.

This is not a toy. It's a Suzuki X-90 Oh and it's a T top. EAST BOUND AND DOWN, LOADED UP AND........ uh no.

What is the favorite car of a snail. An S car of course. Look at that S car Go!!! err um S-Cargo by nissan

The Citroen Ami 6. Two words. It's French.
Oh and here's the front view.

Look Mom. I bought a dust buster!!! The chevy Lumina APV

And last but not least... HOLIDAY RO O O O O O O O O OADS..... THE ALLARD P2 SAFARI

I guess that will do it.

Yugo or Pacer. As far as the Gremlin goes -you've got to have a little respect for an automobile designed on an airplane vomit bag.....

Of all the cars I have ever owned I never had one that more strangers went out of there way to tell me how sharp it was and it was nothing more then a VW Jetta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter