In your opinion, what was the ugliest car ever made?

Fictional: Batmobile, Real life: DMC DeLorean.

The DeLorean DMC-12 was a lot of things. It was controversial. It was overpriced. It was underpowered. It was rather impractical. It was difficult to fix the bodywork. It was not ugly though.

1453917824-09.jpg

Is it called the Skyliner?

If it's the one at the bottom, that's actually BMW's licensed version of the Isetta.

The one at the top? That's the ElectraMeccanica Solo. It's legally a motorcycle although it has three wheels. I guess whoever wants to drive one will need to get a motorcycle license, even though it drives like a car.

https://www.electrameccanica.com

The Solo is the one they want to stake their company on, but also an EV roadster styled to look like a Porsche 356 Speedster.

slide-eroadster-12.jpg

slide-eroadster-7.jpg

Then they have some sort of modern looking roadster.

electra-meccanica-tofino-roadster.jpg

There have been a number of “uninspired” models over the years. There have also been some that at first glance didn’t thrill me, but grew on me over time. The one I am going to test this out on next is the Tesla truck!

There have been a number of “uninspired” models over the years. There have also been some that at first glance didn’t thrill me, but grew on me over time. The one I am going to test this out on next is the Tesla truck!
It will be awhile. Delayed yet again.

Anything made in the early 90s, during the switch from boxy to curvy. My mom said those first curvy cars looked like marshmallows, and I agree!

The one that comes to mind fist is the Nissan Joke... err Juke I mean. Those have already been mentioned though.

Another one that I find absolutely ugly is the Chevrolet Avalanche. OMG I just find them so visually unappealing. I don't think they still make them, thank goodness.

My super ugly Mazda 323 that I bought new in 1991 for $8000.

Attachments

• 1D37345E-DD7A-4DC8-B111-331D771E979F.jpeg
    1D37345E-DD7A-4DC8-B111-331D771E979F.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I find the Ford Flex to be ugly.
Good news, Ford no longer makes the Flex. Bad news, I have people coming up to me wanting to know if I want to sell them my 2018 Flex. Now that they are gone, people want them. I know there is a shortage of used cars, but nobody, YET has asked me if we want to sell our 2020 Camry, just the Flex.. Go figure.

I loved my PT cruiser. I thought the rust orange car that my husband bought me was hideous at first, but ya know I came to love it.

Fugly cars:
Pontiac Aztec
Subaru Brat
Ford Pinto
GMC Gremlin
El Camino
Fierro
Sparrow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter