Indy Refurb

I emailed Disneyland and asked if they knew when the refurb would be and this is what they responded:

“Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort.

I'm afraid that at this time, we only know it will be sometime in 2020, however, the actual dates have not been announced as of yet. Do you follow the Disney Parks blog? All resort information is announced there first so a great way to keep on top of resort happenings. If you don't already follow that, please visit Disneyparksblog.com

We thank you for choosing the Disneyland® Resort. Have a Magical day!”

I’m going to assume that it’s going to be closed for our January trip and if it’s not, that will be a very welcome bonus.
Yeah, I wish they would give the info out sooner. Usually you have to just constantly check the calendar and hope that you see it back up one day. It is big for us because we are hoping to go in March but Indy is one of the few rides we would postpone our trip for (it is my son and my favorite ride). If we were going more often it isn't a big deal but we are only able to fit in one trip a year now so what attractions are down have become a bigger deal for us.

I'm hoping it'll be part of the start of the year refurbs since Indiana Jones is celebrating an anniversary next year, so hoping this means that they wont want it closed for a huge chunk of the year.

I'm hoping it'll be part of the start of the year refurbs since Indiana Jones is celebrating an anniversary next year, so hoping this means that they wont want it closed for a huge chunk of the year.
When is Indie’s anniversary?

Selfishly, I'm hoping just the opposite - that they'll leave it alone until after the anniversary so they have plenty of time to work on it without a tight deadline. I knew to expect refurbs in Jan. but the list is starting to get particularly disappointing, especially since we're going to miss the one bright spot - the opening of RotR - by just a few days.

One site is predicting that refurbishment will be Spring 2020 - TBD
The Haunted Mansion refurb is expected to finish by Spring 2020.
I hope that both will not be down at the same time, and that Indy will remain open until it's 25th anniversary on 4 March.

Last edited:
As a mid-wester making their maiden Disneyland voyage, I’ll be bummed to miss Indy. It and Snow White were in my top five bucket list. :(

They have way more than that closed at once unfortunately. It would not surprise me considering Snow White is not considered an E ticket or major attraction. Hopefully they get these things on the calendar soon enough so people can make or adjust their plans.
In general rehab schedules are posted around 90 days in advance, but change all the way up to about 30 days in advance.

Disneyland doesn't require the level of planning Disney World does and this is a side effect of that, all you can do is make up your mind that you will enjoy whatever is open or travel during the busiest times if the year when rehabs are few and far between.

That being said, I would expect Snow White to take at least 6 months to complete, so other than WILL be happening during that time period.

This is horrible news. We are making our first trip to Disneyland in July and this was our 1st attraction we wanted to see when we arrive.

One site is predicting that refurbishment will be Spring 2020 - TBD
The Haunted Mansion refurb is expected to finish by Spring 2020.
I hope that both will not be down at the same time, and that Indy will remain open until it's 25th anniversary on 4 March.

We are going mid March for spring break. I’m really hoping Haunted Mansion and Indy refurbs don’t overlap. I can handle one or the other but not both. Plus I’m bringing people this time who are going for the first and probably last time. It would be a huge bummer if they missed both.

This is horrible news. We are making our first trip to Disneyland in July and this was our 1st attraction we wanted to see when we arrive.

Been there before. We had trips planned 5 times and at different times of the year. There was always at least one attraction closed we wanted to see. One year the castle was under wraps, Matterhorn and Thunder were both closed. We finally went last year and Pixar Pier was closed the whole time.

Really hope it is open summer of 2020. Going with some friends who have never been and would love this ride!!!

It is a great ride, and I hope the refurb happens sooner rather than later — we just got home today from two days in the parks. Indy was down huge chunks of both days. Yesterday we were stuck in there for over 30 mins and it was a big downer wasting all the time there. The day prior we had a FP and were notified via MaXPass that it was down and they turned our FP into an anytime FP which was great, but the ride being down so much sort of messed with our days.

I wish they would just announce the dates already ! We have a trip in early March and the silence from Disney about Indy is is deafening !
We know about Snow, and HM already and have had time to let it sink in and process it , lol .
We are a little over 60 days away, and still crickets about Indy . Hope it will be open , but not holding our breath . Would just like to know , so we can mentally prepare ! lol Our trip falls on the 25th anniversary of Indy, so we are hopeful it will be open ! How can they close Indy on its 25th anniversary ........right ??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter