International travel restrictions

All our school athletics have been cancelled for the rest of this school year. Also, grade 12 grad has been cancelled. I guess the planning involved isn't worth it when it's questionable that it will go forward. I just wish they'd done all the grad photos in Feb, instead of waiting until March and April. We won't even have that for my son.

I can’t do coasters...my stomach is too delicate a flower :p

Good to know about winter events, though- thanks for the tip!
I was looking forward to going to Wonderland. The past two years I'd taken my kids during a PA Day and we basically got to go on all the rides that we wanted with minimal lineup, Yukon Striker was busy last year for obvious reasons, but it wasn't bad because we went to the single rider lineup, Plus Splash Works is good as a local waterpark.

I was looking forward to going to Wonderland. The past two years I'd taken my kids during a PA Day and we basically got to go on all the rides that we wanted with minimal lineup, Yukon Striker was busy last year for obvious reasons, but it wasn't bad because we went to the single rider lineup, Plus Splash Works is good as a local waterpark.
So sad, I bought annual passes to Wonderland for this year late last year. I wonder what they would do with those... hopefully if they don’t open this year, they can extend the annual pass to next year.

So sad, I bought annual passes to Wonderland for this year late last year. I wonder what they would do with those... hopefully if they don’t open this year, they can extend the annual pass to next year.
Currently they're saying that they're adding dates to the calendar to replace the lost days (So swapping spring weekday dates with fall weekday dates - no effective change for most of us I think) and "added value benefits" for season pass holders, which is so vague that it makes me think that they don't want to commit to any plans until they have a better idea of when they can open. Most of the Cedar Fair parks are seasonal, so I'd imagine that there's a point where they just roll the 2020 passes over to 2021 and stay shut for the year.

Currently they're saying that they're adding dates to the calendar to replace the lost days (So swapping spring weekday dates with fall weekday dates - no effective change for most of us I think) and "added value benefits" for season pass holders, which is so vague that it makes me think that they don't want to commit to any plans until they have a better idea of when they can open. Most of the Cedar Fair parks are seasonal, so I'd imagine that there's a point where they just roll the 2020 passes over to 2021 and stay shut for the year.
Thanks! It was actually my first time buying passes from them since my son is just old enough to enjoy more a little more stuff. :) I guess the problem is even if they do open, are we going to be comfortable enough to go.

Just got an email today stating they will extend to 2021 :)

Given the uncertainty surrounding our park opening date, I want to share information on how we will manage 2020 Season Passholder benefits:

• 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to open.
  • Additionally, we will extend the validity dates for current 2020 Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) through the 2021 Season according to pass type.

Air Canada, Sunwing and Air Transat have cancelled international flights through to June (AC is most the others are all). I'm not sure if that includes the US or not.

www.thestar.com/amp/business/2020/04/13/air-canada-and-others-suspend-flights-until-june-as-sector-slammed-by-covid-19.html

Canada and the US are looking at extending the border closure.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...s-to-reopen-border-amid-pandemic-sources-say/
In essence, they are talking about the continued suspension of non-essential travel for another 2 weeks to 30 days.

We've had a September Disney trip booked since Sep 2019. Most plans in place and flights purchased but not convinced it will happen. Planning as if it will but also totally prepared to cancel everything if it's not open or, even if it is and I don't feel it would be safe we won't go.

Yup! A very small price to pay to travel again. If this is the new norm at WDW, thank goodness I am going in early December and not some time really warm!

I think I read some where that when the parks do open up, they will be taking temperatures. I expect this will be the same at the airports too.

I will not be surprised when we go to renew our Nexus passes they will want our AB Health card # added to our file. I have already dug out our shot records in case they are needed.

How the heck will temperature even be reliable? In Florida on a hot day, everyone will have a "fever". I don't think that is an accurate check. A lot of people who had/have the virus don't even get a fever.

How the heck will temperature even be reliable? In Florida on a hot day, everyone will have a "fever". I don't think that is an accurate check. A lot of people who had/have the virus don't even get a fever.
I wouldn't worry about Canadians going to Florida anytime soon. The way the government has been talking we will in this for awhile to come.

My worry with flying is my son is always anxious and always throws up. Sometimes before we get on the plane. He is never sick, just always worried and stressed about it. I may have to ask the doctor for some kind of medication (do they make Xanax for kids?) for the next time we fly, even if it leaves him dopey for the rest of that day.

My worry with flying is my son is always anxious and always throws up. Sometimes before we get on the plane. He is never sick, just always worried and stressed about it. I may have to ask the doctor for some kind of medication (do they make Xanax for kids?) for the next time we fly, even if it leaves him dopey for the rest of that day.
My mom always used to give my sister and me a half a gravol (they do make kids version now) every time before we flew. It got to the point that even as an adult I couldn't get on a plane without a gravol (just habit) even though it was no longer necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter