International travel restrictions

My mom always used to give my sister and me a half a gravol (they do make kids version now) every time before we flew. It got to the point that even as an adult I couldn't get on a plane without a gravol (just habit) even though it was no longer necessary.

We have tried it :) He starts throwing up sooner when he takes it lol. We have also tried Benadryl, seabands, and cold medicine.

We have tried it :) He starts throwing up sooner when he takes it lol. We have also tried Benadryl, seabands, and cold medicine.
What about ginger candies? I have motion sickness but I prefer taking ginger candies. I like the Ginger People ones for travel. They don’t stick to the teeth like most others do.

How the heck will temperature even be reliable? In Florida on a hot day, everyone will have a "fever". I don't think that is an accurate check. A lot of people who had/have the virus don't even get a fever.

I suspect we will be dealing with a lot of "reactive" requirements when we are allowed to travel again.

How the heck will temperature even be reliable? In Florida on a hot day, everyone will have a "fever". I don't think that is an accurate check. A lot of people who had/have the virus don't even get a fever.
I gave this some thought when I first read about it. It could be that if you register as having an elevated temperature at the entrance gate that would be a trigger for further assessment , not the final judgement. I don’t know what that would look like, but maybe then you are sent to a secondary area where they determine if it’s because of heat or something else. I highly doubt Disney would have regular entrance cast members making health assessments that they aren’t qualified to make while people would then start arguing and making a scene in line. Can you imagine ? :scared:
I think temperature would just be the catalyst for secondary screening.

I think the States / Canada have a swab test that takes 15 minutes to get the results. I think in the future once a vaccine has been approved we will have to show proof of vaccination.

Can you imagine how early we would need to arrive at the airport to accommodate this? International travel is 3 hours now, if we have to go through some kind of testing it could be like 5 hours. I'd be okay with that though if we still go to use air travel.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6836829/coronavirus-trudeau-april-18/
I imagine till the states get their numbers under control, we not be allow to fly to the states anyway.

I can see the US side of the border being open to Canadians, Trump is in favour of opening their doors sooner rather than later. But I can also see the Canadian Government mandating immediate quarantine upon returning, at least until a vaccine is found, or they make more headway here in rapid testing. I can't see blood tests, (consider the biologically hazardous nightmare that would be) but Trump was saying the US has developed a rapid test system that gives results in 15 minutes using a simple cheek swab. I can see that being mandatory before boarding an airplane in the future, which is totally fine with me. I am super anxious to book a trip, flights in September and October are SO cheap right now. But I don't think we will be planning anything until at least a year or more out.. too many unknowns right now. Makes me sad :( I miss Disney so bad.

Right. So, if you book a week-long trip outside of Canada, you will actually need to take 3 work weeks off for the 14-day quarantine. Not many people have that much vacation to use at one time.
Yep, I’ve thought of this too . I do daycare for a living. There’s no way I could ask families for THREE weeks off. Nevermind that I wouldn’t be paid for those three weeks. There is pretty much zero chance I could travel anywhere until we hit a time we didn’t have to worry about quarantining. Even if the restriction was lifted I couldn’t even consider potentially bringing it home to my clients and their families . That would likely mean I could only travel once there’s a vaccine. I realize there are way bigger issues but the thought of no travel for possibly years stinks . :sad2:

Yep, I’ve thought of this too . I do daycare for a living. There’s no way I could ask families for THREE weeks off. Nevermind that I wouldn’t be paid for those three weeks. There is pretty much zero chance I could travel anywhere until we hit a time we didn’t have to worry about quarantining. Even if the restriction was lifted I couldn’t even consider potentially bringing it home to my clients and their families . That would likely mean I could only travel once there’s a vaccine. I realize there are way bigger issues but the thought of no travel for possibly years stinks . :sad2:
While it does stink the attached photo does make me happy. Forget Disney this. That 300 ft tall coaster is what I am missing.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587309760035.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587309760035.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
Westjet has extended their cancellation policy again. Now flights that were booked prior to March 3 2020 that take place between March 3 2020 and January 31 2021 will receive the full credit to their travel bank, all fees (cancellation/change etc) are waived.

Westjet has extended their cancellation policy again. Now flights that were booked prior to March 3 2020 that take place between March 3 2020 and January 31 2021 will receive the full credit to their travel bank, all fees (cancellation/change etc) are waived.
Sounds to me they don't expect much travel for the foreseeable future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter