Is now the time to buy Poly resale?

if you buy resale now and it is not included in the new association or there are restrictions, you could always just sell the resale points you bought now and buy into the new association. Yes, there may likely be a drop in value, but contrast that against how much you think the cost will go up if you wait. If you think a drop would be less than a pop, it might make sense to buy now rather than wait.
Closing cost times two, plus loss in value

If you're purchasing anything PVB below 150 points (the typical minimum to qualify for direct incentives), I'd say go for it now.

You're wasting an entire year of points (maybe even two if you manage to snag a banked contract) for PVB that you will never get back and there's no way the direct pricing will be anywhere close to resale without incentives.

Honestly, with the healthy rental market—who cares if you lose access to Boardwalk, Vero or Hilton Head in 19 years or can't book VDH, RIV or the Cabins (jury is still out) now.

Your Poly points will always reign supreme over those locations anyway. Rent them out.

The trust makes me cringe from a business standpoint. If I have the dates right
  1. 2019 starts with no restrictions.
  2. Roughly March-April 2019 restrictions introduced with start of Riviera sales.
  3. Possibly 2024 trust is another system.
Now the guides have to explain yet another new system. They have to know existing owners will question what the next new system will be in a few years.

Unfortunately, I don’t trust (pun intended) Disney introducing significant changes like this every 5 years.
I might even go back further to when they created the whole “blue card”/“white card” distinction.

Or maybe it was when they started charging for closing costs…

I might even go back further to when they created the whole “blue card”/“white card” distinction.

Or maybe it was when they started charging for closing costs…
Good point.

At least the blue/white card pertained to perks which I always assumed Disney would keep removing as there became more owners.

I always thought the goal was to make products that fit a need and were easy for the consumer to understand. Glad I am near retirement age because business logic like DVD is introducing doesn’t fit my old school lessons.

agreed. All costs to consider in the equation. If you buy now and get points (or even banked points) you could rent them and even make up any difference in those costs.
I wouldn’t bet on renting out points right,
‘it’s tough and you‘re compete against Disney with discounts up to 35 percent….

huh? There is a healthy and robust rental market for points in the $20-$24/point range. Not sure what you mean here?
Ok,
Cash rooms are deeply discounted right now and I would not count on rental income…

Also people may be asking 24 a point but are they getting it?

As someone who has rented points for 10 years. It’s not a guaranty

DVC is making their product too complicated, too hard to figure out, and too expensive.
It's no more complicated than it has ever been---at least, not for those buying directly from Disney.

It is more expensive, but it doesn't appear to be too expensive because:
Disney is still on pace to have its best year since 2011. DVC only needs to sell 72,000 points December 2023 in order for the year to settle in at second place behind 2011, when 2,467,550 points were sold for the year.
https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...le-overall-direct-sales-down-in-november-2023

Everything is just fine in the DVD executive offices.

Ok,
Cash rooms are deeply discounted right now and I would not count on rental income…

Also people may be asking 24 a point but are they getting it?

As someone who has rented points for 10 years. It’s not a guaranty

I've only been asking for $23 for my points but I'm getting it very easily! I could have rented my points many times over. I'm currently in ROFR for some Poly points so hopefully I'll get to find out if I can get the same for them. If not, I'd be happy to reduce to $21 (which fits in the range of the person you quoted). Of course, I would never count on rental income, but the demand right now seems to be higher than ever.

I've only been asking for $23 for my points but I'm getting it very easily! I could have rented my points many times over. I'm currently in ROFR for some Poly points so hopefully I'll get to find out if I can get the same for them. If not, I'd be happy to reduce to $21 (which fits in the range of the person you quoted). Of course, I would never count on rental income, but the demand right now seems to be higher than ever.
Interesting that you are able to charge the same as the rental store.
i also don’t know that you can say demand is high…

‘demand was higher the last two years

poly has rooms for April vacation
parts of may, June, and July is wide open

all of those can be be booked with any points right now at 17 or 18 a point maybe less if someone is try to unload expiring points

my point is, and you highlighted never count on rental income….. and I have done really well with rental income

Last edited:
From my recent research, podcasts and being a DVC owner for over 10 years..I just put an offer in on a poly contract. To become a different association, they would have had to start that paperwork a long time ago for it to all go through before Poly tower goes on sale. They allowed the announcement and further announcements on all boards/podcasts ect. Disney can make wrong decisions but this would be a disaster if they changed at this point. My hope is this contract gets throught ROFR. I am thinking they might be pulling resales for themselves. Maybe I will add on direct if needed (I already have a direct BLT) when the towers go on sale, but until then..I can enjoy 11 month poly for now.

From my recent research, podcasts and being a DVC owner for over 10 years..I just put an offer in on a poly contract. To become a different association, they would have had to start that paperwork a long time ago for it to all go through before Poly tower goes on sale. They allowed the announcement and further announcements on all boards/podcasts ect. Disney can make wrong decisions but this would be a disaster if they changed at this point. My hope is this contract gets throught ROFR. I am thinking they might be pulling resales for themselves. Maybe I will add on direct if needed (I already have a direct BLT) when the towers go on sale, but until then..I can enjoy 11 month poly for now.
No one outside Disney's legal team and the C-suite would know if or when that paperwork started.

They only need to file the paperwork before the tower goes on sale.

They had no duty to prevent the resellers and you tubers from looking like idiots.

I don't see how it would be a disaster if the tower became a separate association because Dinsey hasn't said anything official and nothing unofficial that was solid.

It might be a PR disaster for anyone who ran the story and didn't qualify for it. Even more so if those corporations that ran the story then had a financial gain from the misinformation.

But either way, Disney is in the clear here.

That said, I think you'll be ok with ROFR at $250; most people are holding off buying directly at Poly until the towering price is announced..

Last edited:
I hope you get your contract. Good Luck. I do agree that Disney may be more aggressive on ROFR for Poly (I don’t know why they wouldn’t).

There’s one scenario that is adding to my cautious remaining on the sideline. I specifically am after duo studios at the new tower. If rooms are over-declared to the trust exclusively, it might be a situation where Poly1 dilutes too much the small pool of Poly2 rooms they gain.

Disney would easily flip most direct buyers into a Poly tower-RIV-VDH trust, that sounds fairly balanced. With Aulani and the cabins sprinkled on top. Heck, that might actually appeal to me…

There’s one scenario that is adding to my cautious remaining on the sideline. I specifically am after duo studios at the new tower. If rooms are over-declared to the trust exclusively, it might be a situation where Poly1 dilutes too much the small pool of Poly2 rooms they gain.

Disney would easily flip most direct buyers into a Poly tower-RIV-VDH trust, that sounds fairly balanced. With Aulani and the cabins sprinkled on top. Heck, that might actually appeal to me…
I wouldn't count too much on duo studios. They'll probably fly at 11 months all year around. Every cheaper category is always the most difficult to get. DVC members love a bargain.

I wouldn't count too much on duo studios. They'll probably fly at 11 months all year around. Every cheaper category is always the most difficult to get. DVC members love a bargain.
True. This would be a great category to Favorite Week though if you enjoy going the same time every year or other year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter