Jackie and Chris's Wishes Wedding 1/6/12: SBP/Attic/SCP 5/11 Final Post- PJ Finished

Everything looked like so much fun! :cool1:

So sad it's over. But, at least I can Facebook-stalk you. :goodvibes

I hate the endings to trips! Well I am glad you go to take some awesome pictures and I am also glad you were at hollywood studios since it is my favorite park. I am so sorry that you always get the naboo sequence but your whole star tours ride is not the same each time is it? Look for the following differences:
1.stormtrooper or vader opening
2. opening sequence
3. which hologram, yoda-leia-admiral ackbar
4. closing sequence
yes I know too much about the ride!

You really love dooney! I like them too but I just can not justify getting one and I dont like the beige leather on the handles and stuff for me it would have to be a color or black. so I guess I am just too picky

I love how you guys wear your ears and hat everywhere. I could never do that I am not a big headband person!

Well I am sad that it is over but living your trip through these reports has been a blast!

Teresa

Ahhh see, now this is where I screwed up! We went in January and I fully intended to upgrade to APs to be ready for our honeymoon. BUT, then I was changing jobs and was unsure about whether we would even be able to go on a honeymoon right after our wedding. So, I decided not to chance wasting the money and didn't upgrade. Now, of course, we ARE planning to go and it is too late for the APs. I just can't justify getting them now because I fully intend not to go again until 2014 at the earliest (easier said than done, but that is what my rational side is planning...I'm sure my irrational side will have something else to say about that!).

So, there lies my problem. Oh well, once we pay it off, I won't think about it again and will just proceed to have an amazing time!! We DO like the dining plan, simply for the fact that we never have to think about how much we are spending on food while we are actually there!

Now, on to your update! Very cute Dooney! Gotta love a man who appreciates a good purse! :thumbsup2

Ugh, that stage in front of the hat is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to Jelly Rolls? I think we will check it out in July....

That pizza looks amazing! I have been trying to figure out how to fit Via Napoli into our plans! I think we are going to do Teppan Edo and Le Cellier though. There are so many choices in EPCOT!

I LOVE Once Upon a Time...I always watch the next day though so I can watch Amazing Race at 8 on Sundays!

Oh no, that stinks about the APs! I have a had a few trips where I should have upgraded to APs, but I didn't. I'm glad you're getting to go at least. But not again until 2014?! I would be impossible to talk to if I had to go that long without my Disney fix!

I haven't been to Jelly Rolls. I thought about going the day before the wedding, but I didn't feel like paying the cover charge.

And I thinkkkk Le Cellier is a better pick than Via Nap. I'm honestly not sure anymore though!

Where is my riiiiiiide? I HATE THE HAT!

I get to see you soon!

RIGHT! I was watching The Muppets Go to Walt Disney World on youtube a few months ago, and that was pre-hat. It just looked SO pretty. Sigh.

I can't wait to see you next month!

* Haha I can just imagine you on the phone with someone making pirate noises and Chris singing Imagination... sounds hilarious!
* Love the Dooney! So glad Chris bullied you into buying it ;)
* Mmm, Via Napoli. That pizza looks SO amazing! I think that one is a definite must for our next trip. I was planning on it anyway, but your photos have convinced me!
* I recently found out that Jason's great aunt has DVC. She hasn't offered it to us but she has been having some health issues recently so it is probably the last thing on her mind. We are thinking about asking her about it though, because I know she personally doesn't go anymore... I'm guessing her children go but I didn't get the idea that they were super big Disney fans so we are going to at least ask her about it at some point. I don't think they go that often and I hope the points aren't going to waste! Even if she just sells us the points at a decent rate that would be awesome. Fingers crossed that means Disney will be something we can do more often in the future!
* adfalkjdf;alkjf Once Upon a Time! Haha I am obsessed! I'm always so excited and surprised by everything even though I know pretty much all of the theories of what can happen. And I'm excited by the preview for next week's episode too!

Yay! I am so glad I bullied you into Via Nap. And my life is generally a zoo: often when I am on the phone, Chris is still talking to me and Smokey is howling. They're so alike! And you need to GET that DVC from the great aunt! Seriously. Let me know how it goes! :)

Ah!!! Another Dooney! You're a girl after my own heart.

I will definitely need to try Via Napoli asap. Especially if you think it's worthy of 2 visits!

Fun post as always!

:) Thanks! I love my Dooneys. I've bought two more (and a wristlet and a CC holder) since I've been back. I don't have a problem.

Hi there gal pal! I'm trying to be a good girl and keep up with this!

-If the finances allow it, we'll def be getting the APs. I just don't know yet.
-I think I could outrun a gator!!!
-I know you didn't have vases!! That's not the ones I was talking about. (Even though that would've made more sense) He gave us a vase out of 1 of the little nook and cranny shelves by the door!! Like right here in this pic..
Untitled.jpg

-I don't know if I'll do a PTR. You know how bad I am at updating. Plus you'll probably win the competition anyway. I only had like 5 ppl reading my PJ and TR!! LOL
-Girl, we're eating at Crystal Palace for my bday!! I looovvveee Pooh and Eeyore! After that we're going to Epcot though for EMH. I'll probably get the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. You made it sound sooo yummy! What would you recommend though?
-I'M SO FREAKIN READY FOR OUR TRIP!!!

HM 8:1
-BOO for the last day!
-Yay for making new ressies, even though they changed.
-The pirate thing makes me laugh.
-Woohoo!!! Best rides at HS!!
-CUUUUUTTTEEE pics!!!
-I LOVE the Duck Tales shirt! That was 1 of my fav shows!!
-I'm so jealous of your Dooneys. I'm not even going to lie!! I think I might get a wristlet while we're there for my bday. I want something small for the parks. Charley tells me to get 1 every time we go, but I always walk away.
-I'm so glad the Dooney was able to ride RnR. What a wonderful way to start your life with your new owner!!
-I HATE leaving Disney. This is the reason we must move down there together. But I must say.. How DARE you lady?! HOW DARE you?! AK isn't the most wonderful place on Earth.. and it doesn't have that pretty castle, or those fancy princesses.. but did you see the baby gorilla's face?! I DID!!! AND it was sooooo beautiful! I just wanted to hug him and squeeze him and love him for his life!! Just sayin... Sorry.. Sometimes I think I have issues.
-Why didn't you take a pic when you were leaving that makes it look like Chris is wearing that giant *** hat??
-That freakin boat is just ridiculous! We sat in that back seat, and I swear I got burnt it took so long!!!!
-SBP is sooooo beautiful. I would really like to take anniversary pics there, but I don't want to use that as a location. lol I think we might go there after we leave Regina... maybe we can find someone to take a few pics for us!! Or maybe I could ask her to swing in really fast to snap a few?!? LOL
-Is it crazy that I want to cry looking at that pic? I am seriously, SERIOUSLY having wedding withdrawals. I kid you not!! I keep thinking it's getting better, but it's not.
-I love the Attic too!!! It's like I want to use those same places for our VR, but I want somewhere different too! Like the MK!!!!! I'm so pitiful.. Help me little baby Jesus!
-Can I tell you something?! Well I'm going to anyway! I made us reservations for the Memorial weekend for lunch at Via Napoli. You've raved about it so much and posted those yummy pics.. I just had to try it!! If it's not good, I blame you. I hope you know that!

YAY for Once Upon A Time!!! It was good this week. What pissed me off though?! There wasn't a new episode of HIMYM! This makes me so angry.

I heart you lady and can't wait until the end of May... actually the time can fly by AFTER my bday trip. Sorry. I just don't want that to go fast!!!

A-ha! Those vases. My bad! And maybe you could sick Baby Rhino after the gator? I'll bet you baby him though and he's a wuss.
-Duck Tales, WOO-HOO!!! Yeah, we sang that the whole time.
-Just buy a gosh darn wristlet. It will be less than $50 with your AP discount. DO ITTTT.
-Actually... I didn't see the baby gorilla's face! :( I never wandered over to the gorilla area. Are we no longer getting married?
-I love SBP too. And The Attic. And everything. I wish I could do a MK vow renewal and my reception at The Attic still. And then I could take pics at SBP too. This is my plan that will never, EVER happen unless I win the lottery.
-YAY! I am so glad I bullied you into Via Nap too. It's really a hidden gem. Get the pizza, not pasta.
-I can't WAIT for your upcoming trip! I really can't. Can it be now?? But I can't wait to see you even MORE than that!

Look at the gorgeous Dooney! LOVE it!

Love all your pictures!!

Thank you!!

Everything looked like so much fun! :cool1:

So sad it's over. But, at least I can Facebook-stalk you. :goodvibes

It's not over yet! :D I still have one or two more parts of Day 8, a little piece about Day 9, my Glad I Dids, and then a final, concluding post. You're not done with me yet!

I hate the endings to trips! Well I am glad you go to take some awesome pictures and I am also glad you were at hollywood studios since it is my favorite park. I am so sorry that you always get the naboo sequence but your whole star tours ride is not the same each time is it? Look for the following differences:
1.stormtrooper or vader opening
2. opening sequence
3. which hologram, yoda-leia-admiral ackbar
4. closing sequence
yes I know too much about the ride!

You really love dooney! I like them too but I just can not justify getting one and I dont like the beige leather on the handles and stuff for me it would have to be a color or black. so I guess I am just too picky

I love how you guys wear your ears and hat everywhere. I could never do that I am not a big headband person!

Well I am sad that it is over but living your trip through these reports has been a blast!

Teresa

Oh, we're not over yet! I still have two more parks to write about. :) And... I don't know if the whole thing was the same. It just... SEEMED the same haha! I'll keep a lookout. As for dooneys, only a few of them have beige handles: the comic I posted actually has a really rich red coloring in person, and my black and white one has black leather straps. Yeah. I'm a little obsessed...

Honeymoon Day 8, Part 2

From Via Napoli, we headed over to the America Pavilion so Chris could get one of their alcoholic lemonades--- I think it was a Jim Bean lemonade?

I took this picture too--- I think because it was pretty.

DSCN0561.jpg

Regardless, he really liked it! I got a plum wine in Japan, and it was NOT tasty. It wasn't as sweet as it was supposed to be--- I was quite sad! We walked around the Japan department store (I know the name, but I can't spell it and I don't want to butcher it) and we were slightly giggling. Chris really wanted some of the animation cels from Ponyo they had a sale, but I wasn't drunk enough to let him buy a couple $700 cels. Thankfully, he agreed!

Then we went over and got our beloved Orange Slushes in France, and they were oh-so-good! I think Chris got two, but I ended up with a Moroccan Pina Colada after France: which was excellent, but just a little too sweet, even for me! (And I have a hugeee sweet tooth.)

But Jackie, you may be thinking, you went from Italy to Japan to France and then to Morocco?! You're backtracking! Yes, dear readers, we were backtracking. In my tipsy haze, I decided that I most definitely needed to go meet Snow White and tell her I was pretty sure we were cousins. (My maiden name is White.) So, we had to trek alll the way back to Germany, just because I am such a pain in the a$$. Speaking of those...

Chris and I also became a little obsessed with this guy.

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

Around this time, we had to check into our flights. Here's a word from the wise: Don't drink around World Showcase and then check into your flight. Chris didn't have a problem, but it wouldn't let me check in online because I had purchased two seats going down, and the system was confused. I had to call and check in, and I was only semi-coherent. I will NOT make this snafu again, I can assure you! :lmao:

We crossed the continents and made it over to Germany. The line for Snow was long, but I was determined to wait. I'm actually glad the line was long: it made me sober up a bit!

It was finally our turn, and Snow wanted to see my ring. She said she hoped that Chris didn't hold it up to his eyes like Dopey.

31856900268.jpg

31856900270.jpg

I told her I was fairly certain we were distant cousins, and she agreed. She didn't seem to find it as interesting as I did. I wonder why?

31856900273.jpg

After Snow, we stopped in Japan for some pictures.

31856900279.jpg

They put on the funny hats for us: I think the CMs were a little bored.

31856900282.jpg

31856900286.jpg

We also found Donald in Mexico, and stopped to say hi.

31856900290.jpg

And that's the last of my PhotoPass pictures! So sad.

We were heading over to Mouse Gear, but I took this picture on the bridge by the Odyssey. I had always read that TOT blends into the Moroccan pavilion, but had never seen it for myself.

DSCN0565.jpg

Isn't that cool?!?!

We went to MG to look for an Epcot wallet that I own but was on its last leg, but they didn't sell it anymore. I picked up a Cinderella coach pin and some of those Minnie's Bakeshop cookies, because those things are FABULOUS! We went over to the pin station and got a Rainbow Mickey head pin for Chris's BM (his had fallen off of his backpack), and I got a Living with the Land pin and a castle pinboard. Those things are so pretty. Chris picked up yet another artbook in The Art of Disney--- I think the one on Imagineering? Don't quote me on that. He bought four on our honeymoon, at least. I gazed at a HM figure: they had one that you could SWITCH OUT THE SCENES!!!! It was amazing, and it was $400 worth of amazing. Sigh.

We waved farewell to Epcot and we were sad, but we were exhausted. Utterly exhausted, may I add! The monorail trip back to BLT was thankfully quick...

But then we had the Room Key Debacle. We went to our room, and tried my room key, and it didn't work. Then, we tried Chris's room key, and it also didn't work. We went downstairs to concierge and told the man there, David, we couldn't get to our room and he came up with us. He tried his master key and... surprise, surprise, it didn't work. He called for a runner, and then we waited...

and waited...

and waited...

After about 25 minutes or so, someone finally came. Thankfully, David was nice and joked with us the whole time, but Chris and I were exhausted! The runner finally came and he tried his master key. Unsurprisingly, his master key didn't work, and he didn't have another way to get in. SO, he had to go get some sort of device to let us into the room. They told us the battery in our door was dead, but we could leave and they would fix it while we were gone. More on that later...

Chris and I flopped down on the bed and took a nap. We didn't have much time though--- we were headed to the MK to dine with princesses!

I'm so far behind :( I'm caught up now!! Love your thoughts about being related to Snow White... I think it's feasible. I think that's the best looking SW I've seen--really pretty! Sorry, off topic--I've seen some rough looking face characters in my time, lol.

Anywho... DH got the Ducktales shirt in November too, lol. He's very proud of it. And I'll be eating at Via Napoli at 11:30am NEXT THURSDAY. Just sayin... PTR is on the PTR board :lmao:

I need to get caught back up with wedding friends. I spend too much time obsessing over resorts. Miss you girls!!

NEVER BEEN TO JELLYROLLS???? I think maybe we should remedy this when you're down here!!

I've never been there, either. . . does this mean I can get a bunch of you lovely ladies to 'make' me go in December . . . ? :rolleyes1

* I also had the Plum Wine and was highly disappointed! It was not at all what I was expecting, and like you I definitely have a sweet tooth.
* Ha, I love that you and Snow White could be cousins! Too bad she didn't seem to appreciate that as much. Sometimes I think of something really clever to say to the characters and they don't really seem to care, but sometimes they get really into it.
* Aw, too bad you didn't find your wallet. I have a Disney wallet that I've been using for 5 years and it's definitely time to get a new one, but I can't bring myself to replace it. I at least want another Disney wallet but don't know where to get one! I may just have to wait until next April!
* Ew, how frustrating that the battery in your door was dead. And bad timing too - you only had one more day! Couldn't that battery have waited another 24 hours before dying?

Brill update, what a busy day, how many parks!!!!!!!! AND another Dooney!

Yeah--- we love park hopping! I truly don't know how people do Disney without it!

I'm so far behind :( I'm caught up now!! Love your thoughts about being related to Snow White... I think it's feasible. I think that's the best looking SW I've seen--really pretty! Sorry, off topic--I've seen some rough looking face characters in my time, lol.

Anywho... DH got the Ducktales shirt in November too, lol. He's very proud of it. And I'll be eating at Via Napoli at 11:30am NEXT THURSDAY. Just sayin... PTR is on the PTR board :lmao:

I need to get caught back up with wedding friends. I spend too much time obsessing over resorts. Miss you girls!!

GAH! You have a new PTR up?!?! That makes my life. I was actually thinking the other day about how much I miss your updates. I'm so lame, right? I'll be heading over there next!

NEVER BEEN TO JELLYROLLS???? I think maybe we should remedy this when you're down here!!

Ugh I realllly wish we had TIME! We're only there three nights. I really want to go though!

I've never been there, either. . . does this mean I can get a bunch of you lovely ladies to 'make' me go in December . . . ? :rolleyes1

Yesss do it!

* I also had the Plum Wine and was highly disappointed! It was not at all what I was expecting, and like you I definitely have a sweet tooth.
* Ha, I love that you and Snow White could be cousins! Too bad she didn't seem to appreciate that as much. Sometimes I think of something really clever to say to the characters and they don't really seem to care, but sometimes they get really into it.
* Aw, too bad you didn't find your wallet. I have a Disney wallet that I've been using for 5 years and it's definitely time to get a new one, but I can't bring myself to replace it. I at least want another Disney wallet but don't know where to get one! I may just have to wait until next April!
* Ew, how frustrating that the battery in your door was dead. And bad timing too - you only had one more day! Couldn't that battery have waited another 24 hours before dying?

Have you ever been during the Food and Wine Fest? There's a plum wine green tea cooler that is one of the best alcoholic drinks I have ever had. (There's a slushie that they have all the time, but it's gross. On a side night, it's 7:30am and far too early to talk about alcohol!)

As for a Disney wallet, I recently bought this one off of ebay and I LOVE it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Mick...996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519ef1b294

Just a thought. :)

Whew, Jackie I am exhausted! I just caught up on PAGES and PAGES of your PJ. If I commented on everything in here, I would be writing for hours, so let me just say that your updates are amazing (as usual). Your writing still cracks me up! :laughing: I am glad you remembered about me and DH and our slight pretzel obsession...:rolleyes1 hahahaha

Whew, Jackie I am exhausted! I just caught up on PAGES and PAGES of your PJ. If I commented on everything in here, I would be writing for hours, so let me just say that your updates are amazing (as usual). Your writing still cracks me up! :laughing: I am glad you remembered about me and DH and our slight pretzel obsession...:rolleyes1 hahahaha

Awww, thank you for catching up, Lacey!! And I was DETERMINED to get one of those pretzels. (I can't wait for another one next month either.)

Honeymoon Day 8, Part 3

Oh, I forgot to share this picture earlier. We started giggling our butts off at this kid's getup: he just can't decide what character he wants to be.

DSCN0566.jpg

I am fairly certain we took the monorail to the MK for Cindy's. I just don't think I could have walked it at that point! However, we managed to get to the MK just as the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Parade was starting, thus blocking us off from the castle. And I will say it here: I hate that parade. I always manage to get caught at the wrong side of it and it just messes with my schedule. Thankfully, I know my way around the MK so I figured out how to get to the castle, but man! We arrived at the castle with a minute to spare.

We met with Cindy, and she was very sweet. I told her that my wedding dress was inspired by her, and she asked me if it had sleeves. I kind of gave her a Look, but apologized and said no.

Afterwards, we waited to the side for our names to be called. Everyone else around us had their names called, but not us. So we waited. For awhile, it was just us and Cinderella, and poor Cinderella was spacing out. She looked SO tired! Poor girl. Chris and I were being bad and started making jokes, and she told us we were causing trouble. I asked her if we were being sent to the dungeon because we were bad and that's why we hadn't been seated yet, but she said that she even let her evil stepsisters visit the castle.

We were finally seated, and we seemed to have thrown off the flow of the restaurant. Everyone else had their appetizers by the time we sat down, so I am really, truly certain that they forgot about us! Chris had cheese, which was fairly tasty, and I had a "castle salad"--- really, just a salad.

DSCN0567.jpg

We were at the end of the princess rotation, which we were fine with--- we still had plenty of attention. When we sat down, I looked at the windows overlooking Fantasyland, and I pointed out a couple to Chris and told them they would be engaged by the end of the night. Anddd... I was right! (This is why Chris couldn't propose to me at Cinderella's; I'm way too much of a know-it-all.) An official looking man came out with some cider for the couple, and everyone cheered. I remember feeling jealous because everything was beginning for her, but also NOT jealous because everything was just beginning for her! At that point, I was happy just to be a married lady.

I apparently didn't take pictures of our meals. I had the pork three ways, which was pulled pork, pork belly, and a bacon sauce, and it was pretttty good. It was a little cold, but it was good. Chris had some sort of beef, but he was disappointed because they took the prime rib off of the menu. He had a rather special relationship with that prime rib.

All of these pictures are terrible, by the way. Chris took them while he was sitting down, and it is NOT a flattering angle. :lmao:

Sleeping Beauty came over.

DSCN0568.jpg

She congratulated us, and she asked if he had slain dragons for me. I told her he had actually slain two, and she was rather impressed.

DSCN0569.jpg
(Ugh, this picture is awful!)

Snow White was next, so naturally I asked her if she remembered me from earlier that day. She winked, and said of course. I am not too sure what the wink was about.

Dessert came out, and I have no idea what I ordered. Apparently, I didn't like it because my notebook says "Dessert sucked." I'm glad I didn't eat it then!

Ariel was roaming around then, and she was adorable. She kept waving to everyone and saying "HI HUMANS!!!" When she came to our table, she shrieked "Oh, they got married!!! Everyone!!!" and our side of the restaurant clapped for us.

DSCN0570.jpg

Belle came over, and we asked her why she wasn't in her yellow gown when everyone else was dressed up.

DSCN0571.jpg

She told us she was just back from the bookstore--- a great response. She asked Chris if he was growing out his fur, and he said he was. She asked if she could give me a hug before she left, which was just so sweet.

Dinner was just about over then. We got our 20% refund from our TiW card, and we exited to the front of the castle. Main Street was absolutely mobbed, but we pushed our way down a little bit to get s pot for Wishes.

DSCN0572.jpg

We were still a little too close to the castle for my liking (I like to be about halfway down Main Street), but we weren't going to be able to get any further down.

It's also time for me to voice another unpopular opinion: I don't like the Magic, the Memories, and You. I love the projections that they put onto the castle, but I think the Mandy Moore song is incredibly cheesy. I just don't think the pictures on the castle work because most of them are too tiny to see. Just my opinion! I understand why some people like it, but it's just not my thing.

Wishes was good, as per usual. I didn't take any pictures because fireworks pictures are impossible to get.

After the show, we headed over to do some of our favorites. We went on the Jungle Cruise and had Josh (his real name, not one of our made up ones), who was amazing. He added in a few jokes that you don't hear everyday, like... "I'm going to use this gun to scare off the hippos." "HEY!!! I HAVE A GUN!!!!!!!!" The whole boat cheered for him at the end.

We went on POTC next to say goodbye, and actually had a line! We ended up being a little trapped by the MSEP, but we headed over to the mansion so I could say goodbye.

After, we took a verrrry slow stroll through the Main Street stores. It was time to leave, but I just didn't want to. I stood on the corner of the sidewalk outside of the emporium, looked at the castle, and started crying. This is my usual crying routine, so no big deal. We waved goodbye to the castle, told her we would see her in May, and left.

When we arrived at the hotel, I sent Chris to the room to get our refillable mugs and I wondered through the gift shop. And, surprise surprise, we couldn't get into our room because they had never fixed our broken door!!

We went down to concierge, but the man working the desk seemed much more concerned with the fact that it was 10:00 at night and the desk was closed than he was with the fact that one of his guests had the inability to get into her room. Now, I've worked customer service, so I completely understand what it's like to want to go home: but, I still believe that the customer has to come first! He said "I'm sorry," but he looked distracted. We actually got to meet up with David, our helpful concierge from before, who was surprised to learn they didn't fix our door. He went up with us and let us into our room, but we were told there was pretty much nothing they could do for us that night because we were checking out in the morning. This meant that, yes, for check out one of us always had to be in the room tomorrow, and it was just going to be a great big PIA.

This incident definitely soured me from wanting to stay at either BLT or the CR for awhile. There is no reason our door shouldn't have been fixed, and we weren't offered any solution or any form of compensation (even a we're-sorry-cookie would have been helpful!) that night. While we have since been given a free room night, which we're using at the Boardwalk in December, the Contemporary just didn't live up to its hype. Back to the Epcot resorts we shall go!

Anyway, Chris and I decided not to let it ruin our night. We had a few more bites of wedding cake, and then off to sleep we went.

Honeymoon Day 9: Last day

We woke up early so we could get everything together and pack. We had planned on packing the night before, but that just didn't happen. We only ended up having to buy an extra duffle bag for all of our souvenirs, but we had to wait awhile to do that because the gift shop didn't open until 8! This made for a rather grumpy Chris, because he had to go back. And, again, this was a PIA because we couldn't go together because all of our stuff was still in the room and we needed to get back to it. Stupid BLT!

I mentioned our wedding cake last night--- here's the progress we managed to make on it.

DSCN0580.jpg

Not too shabby! The cake had only just started to go stale; it held up pretty well.

We managed to get all of our luggage together and packed, so we said goodbye to our room and headed down to bell services. We had to pay a $100 overweight baggage fee, which was irritating, but there wasn't much we could do about it at that point. We waited for the Magical Express, and at least we could see the castle from where we were sitting.

DSCN0582.jpg

We loaded up onto the bus. We just didn't want to leave!

DSCN0583.jpg

As per usual, the stupid Magical Express video made me cry like a little girl. When they sing "M-I-C" I just lose it.

We got through security fine, had lunch, and then had an uneventful flight back home. The seat next to Chris was empty, so we were able to stretch out a little bit.

We arrived at the Milwaukee airport, retrieved our luggage, and retrieved our puppy! We were so happy to see Smokey, and I snapped a few pictures of him when we got home.

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

Moments after taking these pictures, I called my grandfather. And then he gave me the news that changed my life forever.

Unfortunately, this marks the end of my trip report. I really, truly wish it had a happier ending--- this last entry was particularly difficult for me to write. I'm not done yet though: I still have my Glad I Dids and a final concluding post.

Oh, no! Don't let your TR end! I'm pretty sure I cry or at least tear up EVERY time I leave MK so I'm glad I'm not the only one. That walk back down Main Street towards the exit always gets me. DF understands and tries to make me feel better but there's probably a small part of him that thinks I'm crazy!

I am so sorry you had to come home from your amazing trip to such tragic news but I hope you have been able to find some peace in the time that has passed. You are amazing for being able to write such a great, fun trip report when you are going through something so incredibly difficult. I really hope it has helped you in some way. I know I have really enjoyed it! Can't wait to read the rest!

Wow the end snuck up on me!!! I didn't realize you were so close to finishing!

I LOVE that little kid with all his different character clothes! That just screams Disney World to me! So much fun!

Nooooo! It can't be over! *pouts* You're just gonna have to go Disney more often. ;) I've loved reading your TR.

LOL at the kid. Maybe he loved them all and wanted to get them all 'represented'? Or didn't put any thought into it whatsoever. :lmao:

I get emotional, too, upon leaving. At least this next trip, I can comfort myself by thinking of the February trip. But after that, I think the next vacation is going to be CA because I miss my friends out there! (And, sure, I sorta promised Doug after the last CA trip that I wouldn't make him drive the 6-8 hours down to DL, but I'm getting awfully tempted, thanks to Deena and Melissa's TRs! :laughing:)

Yay for Smokey! The second picture, it looks like he's saying "Where's my souvenir?!" ;)

:hug:

Jackie I am so sad that your TR is over. :sad1: I have been kind of a bad friend when it come to commenting. But I want you to know that I have read every post. I love the way that you write, its very honest and funny. I am happy that you had such a fabulous time and I am looking forward to reading about your May trip (please write a TR!!! ::yes::)

I am going to get all emotional here but I just want to remind you of how awesome you are. I am so happy to have met you on these boards. You are like one of my bestest friends and you mean so much to me. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter