Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Speaking of transport, any one, know the easiest way to get to Animal Kingdom from Jambo?
Something about the similarity of names between the theme park and resort make me think it should be close but wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong.
TIA!

Speaking of transport, any one, know the easiest way to get to Animal Kingdom from Jambo?
Something about the similarity of names between the theme park and resort make me think it should be close but wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong.
TIA!

They are pretty close, buses are fine. Very very short car ride if you drive.

TIA!

They are pretty close, buses are fine. Very very short car ride if you drive.

Just an FYI should anyone decide to use the Uber app to request a ride from either AK or AKL: Animal Kingdom (the park) and Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House share the EXACT same address! :confused: (trust me, we learned this the hard way! lol) Kidani, however, does have a different address!

2 questions for everyone:

What do you like better boma breakfast or boma dinner?

We will have our 13 month old. We booked standard and I was hoping to get partial view to was going to request kidu trail. Am I making the wrong choice? Should we request something closer to the busses and main lobby? Ideally we want both but know that's not possible. How far is the actual walk to kidu trail from the busses? Is it worth a partial view to maybe see an animal once in a while?
Are there water and coffee stations close to kidu trail?

Boma breakfast hands down

We will have our 13 month old. We booked standard and I was hoping to get partial view to was going to request kidu trail. Am I making the wrong choice? Should we request something closer to the busses and main lobby? Ideally we want both but know that's not possible. How far is the actual walk to kidu trail from the busses? Is it worth a partial view to maybe see an animal once in a while?
, boma breakfast, hands down, same for my hubby

I loved the breakfast better doing them back to back. I only favored the stews and the dessert during dinner and if I didn't have free dining and gift cards not sure how good a value I would have found this paying out of pocket.

I loved the breakfast better doing them back to back. I only favored the stews and the dessert during dinner and if I didn't have free dining and gift cards not sure how good a value I would have found this paying out of pocket.

We enjoyed breakfast. My kids are at the age where they no longer want to dine with the characters. Boma is a wonderful breakfast buffet in a peaceful setting.

The dinner menu does not interest my family. I always want to try it, just to see if it might surprise us. However, nothing appeals to my youngest and unfortunately, he's a Disney Adult (11). I'm not wasting a DDP credit if he's not loving the menu.

I'm happy to hear others feel the same. I was thinking we were the odd ones out who don't care for the dinner menu.

We requested a partial view on the kudu trail. We got an amazing view with tons of animals every day. However, I won't lie, it was a long walk to the lobby, buses, pool and Mara. Still, I would stay in our room again just for the view. It was one of the highlights of the trip for us.

We requested a partial view on the kudu trail. We got an amazing view with tons of animals every day. However, I won't lie, it was a long walk to the lobby, buses, pool and Mara. Still, I would stay in our room again just for the view. It was one of the highlights of the trip for us.
Thank you. I'm thinking we might get that only because the cm told us she had to or us in a king room with pull out. Not sure why.
When I looked at touring plans, there were only 4 king room standards and two are kudu partial view. I put a request for the king room partial savannah view on kudu trail.
How long was the walk would you say to get to the bus/main lobby? Is there a soda station where we can get water closer to kudu trail?

Thank you. I'm thinking we might get that only because the cm told us she had to or us in a king room with pull out. Not sure why.
When I looked at touring plans, there were only 4 king room standards and two are kudu partial view. I put a request for the king room partial savannah view on kudu trail.
How long was the walk would you say to get to the bus/main lobby? Is there a soda station where we can get water closer to kudu trail?

King rooms are not bookable at AKL. They can be requested, but are not guaranteed. Bunk bed rooms are bookable, however.

ETA: The TP website is notorious for having the bed types incorrect. I'd take any info I find on that website regarding bed types with a grain of salt.

I didn't really time it, but about 8-10 minutes. Could have been less, but it seemed that to me. There is water in the lobby in containers on the way to the bus stop. I know the room next to us (4322) was a King bed room. We had a queen and bunk beds.

I didn't really time it, but about 8-10 minutes. Could have been less, but it seemed that to me. There is water in the lobby in containers on the way to the bus stop. I know the room next to us (4322) was a King bed room. We had a queen and bunk beds.
I might end up requesting a room close to the lobby then instead of partial savannah view.

2 weeks until my AKL stay! My first stay at a Disney resort. This is a trip of firsts for us: First MNSSHP, 1st onsite stay, 1st extended trip to Disney (an entire week! usually only do weekend trips), 1st trip to Universal and HHN! I don;t know what to do with myself I am so excited! And it's my 1st F&W festival!

2 weeks until my AKL stay! My first stay at a Disney resort. This is a trip of firsts for us: First MNSSHP, 1st onsite stay, 1st extended trip to Disney (an entire week! usually only do weekend trips), 1st trip to Universal and HHN! I don;t know what to do with myself I am so excited! And it's my 1st F&W festival!

Starting out BIG with your first onsite stay :) Have a great time!

I honestly love them both.

We did the exact same thing, and I was amazed at the view we had during our 2015 trip. I plan on requesting the same again this time, and I hope we're as fortunate.

That walk was LONG when we were coming back from the parks, though, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter