JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say. I can say that I was at the contemp during the room remodels and never noticed any kind of dust, smells, etc in the tower. That being said, in this case they're doing wall demo, etc, so....

Was there a few weeks ago. No dust at all. It was above us on a separate floor altogether. I don't think it'll be a prob.

I am new to the AKL thread - so I apologize if this question is too specific but I see that a lot of you have been able to help out others in similar situations. I am booked for a pool view room from May 26 - June 3. I desparately want to avoid construction at all costs as I have a sensitivity to chemicals (and I try to do everything I can to avoid getting sick). ANYWAY, I know to request a 2nd or 3rd floor room - my question is which area/trail should I request.

THANKS!

I am new to the AKL thread - so I apologize if this question is too specific but I see that a lot of you have been able to help out others in similar situations. I am booked for a pool view room from May 26 - June 3. I desparately want to avoid construction at all costs as I have a sensitivity to chemicals (and I try to do everything I can to avoid getting sick). ANYWAY, I know to request a 2nd or 3rd floor room - my question is which area/trail should I request.

THANKS!

With a pool view, you're going to be on Zebra or Giraffe trail. Either will be fine, so long as you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Heck, since your sensitivity is to chemicals, and not noise, I'm not even sure it would matter WHAT floor you're on. Since you definitely wouldn't be on 5, where the construction is actually occurring, you'd probably be fine. I doubt any "chemical smell" would permeate from above...BUT, again, to be safe, you'd DEFINITELY be fine on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

With a pool view, you're going to be on Zebra or Giraffe trail. Either will be fine, so long as you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Heck, since your sensitivity is to chemicals, and not noise, I'm not even sure it would matter WHAT floor you're on. Since you definitely wouldn't be on 5, where the construction is actually occurring, you'd probably be fine. I doubt any "chemical smell" would permeate from above...BUT, again, to be safe, you'd DEFINITELY be fine on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Well I am goign end of May and I am sensitive to noise :) - I noticed on the DVC website that giraffe trail is schedule to be completed in July - would this section be preferable since the construction is near completion? Or would zebra trail be better since the construction may not have started yet?

Well I am goign end of May and I am sensitive to noise :) - I noticed on the DVC website that giraffe trail is schedule to be completed in July - would this section be preferable since the construction is near completion? Or would zebra trail be better since the construction may not have started yet?

You mean this map?:

9488AKVmap.jpg

Only a very small section of ZEBRA trail will be done by July (white dots).

The rest of Zebra trail will be complete by Sept (blue dots)

Then Kudo trail will be done by December (white dashes)

Giraffe and Ostrich trail aren't scheduled for completion until May of '08, along with the rooms surrounding the lobby (red dashes).

Yes, we were on Zebra Trail, on 3rd floor. A bit of knocking and hammering, but not bad. Certainly no dust or anything of that nature. This was just two weeks ago.

You mean this map?:

9488AKVmap.jpg

Only a very small section of ZEBRA trail will be done by July (white dots).

The rest of Zebra trail will be complete by Sept (blue dots)

Then Kudo trail will be done by December (white dashes)

Giraffe and Ostrich trail aren't scheduled for completion until May of '08, along with the rooms surrounding the lobby (red dashes).

So...judging by the map, I should ask for Zebra trail for Sept, because it looks like it will all be done by then? Is that correct? And one more question...Does anyone know (and I'm sure it's on this huge thread somewhere) where the PV Bunk rooms are located? I just got switched to bunks (thank you GOD!) but I have no idea where they might be. We did have bunk beds last time, but it was a Savannah view. Anyone????:confused3

So...judging by the map, I should ask for Zebra trail for Sept, because it looks like it will all be done by then? Is that correct? And one more question...Does anyone know (and I'm sure it's on this huge thread somewhere) where the PV Bunk rooms are located? I just got switched to bunks (thank you GOD!) but I have no idea where they might be. We did have bunk beds last time, but it was a Savannah view. Anyone????:confused3

I know of one PV Bunk Bed room for sure - 3422 - it's the room my daughters had in December. GREAT location - 3rd floor - lobby level - very close to the lobby and restaurants. :thumbsup2 Here's the AKL map with room numbers:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

Hey guys. I have a question that I sort of asked earlier... I have a Savannah bunk room for December. On my requests, I put close to lobby 1st, as I have a bad knee. I think I put smoking next. I REALLY REALLY WANT ZEBRA TRAIL. Is there some way I should word it that would up my odds? I really want to be able to exit my room & be able to head to Mara in the morning or hit the pool without walking a mile. My knee will be stiff and achy from all the park walking. When I am back at the hotel, I don't want to continue the endless walking.

Just curious if there is a better way to word my request? I am going to be calling this afternoon to see if any Concierge rooms have opened up. Is is smart to talk to a CM (at the 407-WDISNEY #) or should I call AKL directly with my needs? TIA my Jambo friends!

I see that there are 2 types of concierge rooms..Where are the standard concierge rooms located?

I am promised you lots of pictures two months ago, when I posted my trip report on AKL (see here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=752192&page=492 ). But then I dissappeared and now I had to spend hours to catch up on this thread. :scared1: That has taught me a lesson not to abandon you for such a long time again!!

So here is the first bunch of the pictures. As we stayed in a pool view room I thought it would be appropriate to start with pictures of the pool.

The first one is the view from our balcony:

DSC00316.jpg

And to compliment the first one (even though it is not a picture of the pool) a picture of our pool view balcony. second floor from the top, third room from the left, with a grey railing:

DSC00616.jpg

Taken from the same position, a viewing balcony at the elevators in the Lobby, but now with a view of the pool and the pool bar:

DSC00617.jpg

and a closer look at the pool bar:

DSC00939.jpg

This picture is taken from the side of the pool, once again looking towards the Zebra-trail side of the pool:

DSC00931.jpg

And now a bit further around the pool, looking back towards the lobby:

DSC00934.jpg

And at the end of this section, two special views from our balcony:

morning mist:

DSC00217.jpg

and night:

DSC00914.jpg

i hope you all enjoyed these pictures, there are more to come and since I have them all sorted out now and uploaded, they will come soon!!

Those are some awesome pictures! I read your trip report, and now I am very excited again to be staying at the AKL. I've decided to bring a white noise machine with us in case we hear any construction noises during the mandatory nap break for our four year old daughter, and not sweat the rest. Thanks again for sharing your photos!

Jen

Thanks for sharing the picture Flossbolna!!! They are great!!!! I can't wait to see more and can't wait for Oct to come.

I've decided along with DFi to schedule some pampering at Zahanati Massage and Fitness Center!!!! I will have to call them in the AM since I am about to go exercise but just wanted to share it with everyone.

Flossbolna, Thanks for the great pictures. I am getting so excited about our trip in August. We also will have a pool view. How do I go about requesting a certain room or trail, did you call AK beforehand?

Also, I noticed you are from Germany. We will be leaving end of May for a trip to Bavaria, including Munich, Regensberg, Rothenburg and Nuremberg. I am so excited! Thanks again for the pics.:)

Nice pictures! I have a stupid question...is that "morning mist", fog? Is that something that happens every morning there, or is it a winter thing? Told you it was a stupid question :lmao: .

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Well, now you've done it, Flossbolna -- made us REALLY miss AKL!! :rotfl2: Those are GREAT pictures - thanks for sharing! (we want more!) :yay:

Where'd you disappear to anyway?! Glad you're back! ;)

WOW, Thanks for the pics. I'm going for the first time in July and we reserved a pool view too.

Flossbolna - thanks so much for the pictures! We have pool view too in December. It can't come quick enough for me - talk about wishing away the summer! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter