January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you had any issues with the Dining plan??

My dad did the deluxe as my Christmas gift from him, but I'm not quite sure I understand it all. I know I get 3 TS meals, but can I use them as Counter service??? He also paid via a gift card so I'm not sure how we would get our money back if I did decide not to go that route???

I just need to keep telling myself that for every 1 horror story there are many other dream stories and that I shouldn't let one thing get to me!!!

We have never had any issues with the DDP. What do you think could possibly go wrong? Yes, you can use TS credits for CS meals. We did that once.

We have never had any issues with the DDP. What do you think could possibly go wrong? Yes, you can use TS credits for CS meals. We did that once.

I guess I'm mostly concerned about being charged too much for credits or having a credit mixup!! Although in most of the cases I was reading about on that thread it was very large groups...I'm just me!!

I'm sorry I just tend to be a worry-wart...I'm sorry for the bother!

Here's me today:sick: ...I know lots of you are feeling the same way. Pass the Sudafed (teh REAL kind) and Advil please. It's naptime and I'm going to make a cup of hot tea and be lazy until I am forced to get up. :coffee:
Sounds like a blast! DD will only sit through 30 minutes of a movie so far. She gets very excited at first, but then she gets bored. I can't wait until we can start watching movies as a family.:goodvibes
My son watches them with me. My daughter watches the first few minutes and then comes back again if she hears music.
Mama Snowbird is always watching out for us...we may not know it, but she is! :goodvibes No worries! :thumbsup2
Phew what a relief! :thumbsup2
We LOVE WALL-E. Be prepared for a tear or too, Just his cute WallE noises teared me up... "EVA" :)
Oh I hope not- I need all the kleenex for our runny noses! :sick:
Morning Snowbirds,

I think kids love to embarasses adults...I was at the mall with my 3-yr-old cousin one day and girl walked by with a rainbow mohawk...my cousin pointed and yelled very loud that girl has a rainbow on her head...I had to try not to laugh outloud...I just kept pushing the stroller right passed them.

Being from Michigan we will be in the pool and at the water park come January...I will also be in capris with a sweatshirt on in the evening.
:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
This I believe...this I really believe LOL!!!

WOOT FOR 1000th POST for ME!!!! And in 3 months...I MADE MY GOAL!!!
party: :jumping1: :disrocks: :rainbow:

Just wanted to say...:thanks: and :disrocks: I have learned so much about Disney since joining on here and I look forward to chatting with my Snowbirds everyday! Alright enough mushy stuff...I am running low on kleenex after all!

Apparently my stuffy head and these cold meds are interfering with my ability to spell...

I meant "THE" rather than "teh" in my last post...and suddenly I'm having a flashback of Dumb and Dumber. :lmao:

I guess I'm mostly concerned about being charged too much for credits or having a credit mixup!! Although in most of the cases I was reading about on that thread it was very large groups...I'm just me!!

I'm sorry I just tend to be a worry-wart...I'm sorry for the bother!

Just check the bottom of your receipt after every meal. And keep your receipts. After every meal it will tell you how many credits you have left in each category. If you notice something wrong then you can get it straightened out right away instead of at your next meal! :goodvibes

One thing I would suggest - don't tie your credit card to your KTTW card. I have heard of waitresses charging the meal to people's credit card rather than the DDP when you hand them your KTTW card. So ever since we have been getting the DDP we don't tie our CC to our card.

Good Afternoon all you birdies!

I haven't been on in a while but I think I'm all caught up now.

GLO.....You are in my prayers!

I'm happy the surgeries went well!

I'm sending heated pixie dust to all you frozen little birds!

I'm having a real hard time not telling DD9! She's home from school today with a bad tummy and started to watch some of DH's Disney shows from the Travel Channel on the DVR. You know the ones...Behind the scenes...and the history of WDW. I wish I could tell her but I'm going to stay strong!

I'm running to get DS from preschool and will try to check in later.

Just check the bottom of your receipt after every meal. And keep your receipts. After every meal it will tell you how many credits you have left in each category. If you notice something wrong then you can get it straightened out right away instead of at your next meal! :goodvibes

One thing I would suggest - don't tie your credit card to your KTTW card. I have heard of waitresses charging the meal to people's credit card rather than the DDP when you hand them your KTTW card. So ever since we have been getting the DDP we don't tie our CC to our card.

Thanks for the great advice...I'm not paying with my credit card at all so I definitely won't be tying my CC to the KTTW card!!! I will make sure to verify that though!!

THANK YOU SHELLY!! (for your patience and kindness)

I was really hoping to count on you of all people Soleil LOL!!! That is okay!! LOL!!!

50's- capri’s and a windbreaker
60's- shorts and a windbreaker, the pool is looking good
70's- shorts, t-shirt, crank up the AC!!!
80's- can't function, dehydration, seeing spots, look out for Northerner's suffering from heat stroke!;)
(If someone happens to see me passed out in a heap, drip water in my mouth, I'll come around)

Thanks for the great advice...I'm not paying with my credit card at all so I definitely won't be tying my CC to the KTTW card!!! I will make sure to verify that though!!

THANK YOU SHELLY!! (for your patience and kindness)

You're welcome! :goodvibes They will most likely ask you about tying your CC to the KTTW card at check in, so you can tell them NO then!! :rotfl:

I'm having a real hard time not telling DD9! She's home from school today with a bad tummy and started to watch some of DH's Disney shows from the Travel Channel on the DVR. You know the ones...Behind the scenes...and the history of WDW. I wish I could tell her but I'm going to stay strong!

STAY STRONG!! I know it's hard!! :hug: Only about 6 weeks to go! (if you are telling them on Christmas like me! :santa: )

80's- can't function, dehydration, seeing spots, look out for Northerner's suffering from heat stroke!;)
(If someone happens to see me passed out in a heap, drip water in my mouth, I'll come around)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

80's- This is nice. :cloud9:
70's- Someone turn the heat on.
60's- I'm shivering like a chiuaua. (This would be right now.)
50's- You are crazy if you think I'm going outside in that!

This much is true...around 60-50s I'm pulling out the heavy winter coat...however it reaches 110 with 110% humidity, I can still make it to the mailbox and back LOL!!!

At least you want to take your man to Disney LOL!!! I'm not going with mine again unless we have kids and he has to pretend to at least like it for their sake LOL!!!!

Shawna...he's already mapping out the best places to hunt in TX....LOL!!! He was getting all excited showing me and I was like ummmm Honey would you like to hear about my Disney ADRs next...suffice to say he went on to email his dad about it LOL!

Ha!! I will hook him up with my uncle-the hunt king-he just returned from a hunt in Colorado. didn't go so well--wasted some $$$ He was very upset& to top it off- at some resteraunt between here and there, someone stole a $2500 hunting rifle w/scopes out of the back of his truck. Brand new, none the less!:scared1:
Growing up my mom would never let us leave the house without making our beds... she used to even fluff up her carpet with a broom when she walked out the door so there were no footprints in the carpet:lmao: .... now she tells my kids "why make your bed... your only getting back in it later.." and when I run around cleaning up at night before bed she tells me not to worry it will be there tomorrow.... boy has she mellowed..... the scary thing is I am so much like her about keeping the house clean... except that crazy carpet fluffing.... that was just nuts:rotfl2:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Is she my mother's long lost sister? My mom makes this comment to me that makes me want to scream: She looks around at my house which is clean, clean, clean, but toys strowed (very minimally) and shakes her head and says in an almost sad voice"Well, I am glad YOU can relax and let your house go a little--you'll definitely live longer than me". WHAT IS THAT? Some people....:sad2:
'Barney' wasn't very amused, which made it all the more embarrassing! I'll have to write that story in her scrap book, though.

Speaking of Tinkerbelle.... Have any of you seen the movie? I just cried at the end of it, it was so nostalgic and sweet! I just love Disney!!!!

Oh, and now when Belle see's the castle at the beginning of Disney movies she tell's us "I go Disney!" :laughing:

Tinkerbell did make me cry- I just knew that would happen at the end and I had to turn on the waterworks!!!

Hi All! Welcome to any new Snowbirds...pixie dust and hugs to those who need it! I am ok...things have been really stressful at our house with the layoff. The shoe fell on Friday and he got a severence til end of Dec. I am a bit of a mess. We are still going on the trip. Airfare and tickets are not refundable, we are using my firends DVC and since she is with us, it is free. We pricelined a car so we can't get that back either...at this point not going would lose us a bunch of money. We have to eat anyway, we will just have to be frugal.

I need this trip ,ore than ever now. It is something happy to look forward to. Thank goodness I had Christmas all done :) I have one pair of Ugg boots I have to buy for my oldest and that is all...I am waiting to see if they go on sale.

Keep us in your thoughts...

Glo, we will be praying for you! :angel: Keep us posted and Yes, enjoy that vacation!!

This I believe...this I really believe LOL!!!

WOOT FOR 1000th POST for ME!!!! And in 3 months...I MADE MY GOAL!!!

Totally unbelievable!! I think they should put YOU in the record book!!!

Ha!! We'll look out for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter