January 20111...let's start planning

Got Ohana for dinner, HDDR, and CP first ADR in am! I want to try the AK breakfast but haven't had the time to organize my days and finish ADRs We did CRT last trip for the first time; I liked it but it's not for us every trip.

Sounds like you've got some good ones. I kind of wanted Ohana, but we are just doing the QS dining plan since DS eats less than a bird lol, and I didn't want to pay too much for out of pocket meals, aside from the 2 adr's we already have. This is our first time at CRT, I just want to do it cause next trip I dont' think DS will like the princesses anymore lol, so I am taking advantage of it now.
We've only done a character meal once, in 2008 when me and DH went by ourselves we did the Liberty Tree Tavern Thanksgiving style meal, it was cute, but they don't offer it anymore. We might just eat there for lunch one day though, cause the food was pretty yummy. (well to us anyways, we are pretty simple to please lol)

Sounds like you've got some good ones. I kind of wanted Ohana, but we are just doing the QS dining plan since DS eats less than a bird lol, and I didn't want to pay too much for out of pocket meals, aside from the 2 adr's we already have. This is our first time at CRT, I just want to do it cause next trip I dont' think DS will like the princesses anymore lol, so I am taking advantage of it now.
We've only done a character meal once, in 2008 when me and DH went by ourselves we did the Liberty Tree Tavern Thanksgiving style meal, it was cute, but they don't offer it anymore. We might just eat there for lunch one day though, cause the food was pretty yummy. (well to us anyways, we are pretty simple to please lol)

CRT is definetly something to do at least once; we loved it.:goodvibes We loved the character meal at LTT; my kids would love and eat all of the food(they are picky!).

BTW, I noticed on your ticker that you arrive on 1/22, same as us! Here's hoping the wait goes quickly.:rolleyes1

Wow I hadn't noticed that! I hope the time passes quickly for both of us!!! More than that I hope the drive from Texas to Florida passes by quickly for me haha! Didn't really want to drive that far with a 4 year old, but it still might be better than flying with him.

If someone is feeling generous, could they share their insight on the best parks for Jan 13 -18?

we just booked a last minute trip and i usually plan these things to death,
i just cant seem to get started.

the kids are getting smarter and i cant use the computer like i use to.
or else they would be in on the surprise, and then whats the point.

so basically i have that we are starting with going to
EMH at MK on Thurs A.M.
tentatively having late breakfast at 1900 park fare and then....?

i told you i am slacking. only 1 ressie

I cant pick restaurants because i am not sure which parks i should be going to?

is MLK day a stay away from MK day? what about the sunday night EMH? TILL 1AM, could sunday and monday be bad MK days? and if so where do we go AK?

any thoughts?

we are family of 5 DD,DM, DS1 12yo, DD 9yo, DS2 6 YO

this is our 4th trip and staying at por

Joining the thread. We were scheduled to go in late February/early March in part to catch the shuttle launch. Plans have changed thanks to my job so we'll be heading down by AutoTrain on January 22nd! I'm a little bummed that we won't have a chance to see the final shuttle launch, but on the upside we'll be celebrating my promotion and my birthday.

We're staying from January 23rd and leaving February 3rd. A split stay between SSR and AKV. Very excited, but also feeling quite behind in planning!

If someone is feeling generous, could they share their insight on the best parks for Jan 13 -18?

we just booked a last minute trip and i usually plan these things to death,
i just cant seem to get started.

the kids are getting smarter and i cant use the computer like i use to.
or else they would be in on the surprise, and then whats the point.

so basically i have that we are starting with going to
EMH at MK on Thurs A.M.
tentatively having late breakfast at 1900 park fare and then....?

i told you i am slacking. only 1 ressie

I cant pick restaurants because i am not sure which parks i should be going to?

is MLK day a stay away from MK day? what about the sunday night EMH? TILL 1AM, could sunday and monday be bad MK days? and if so where do we go AK?

any thoughts?

we are family of 5 DD,DM, DS1 12yo, DD 9yo, DS2 6 YO

this is our 4th trip and staying at por

We are arriving 1/13 in the evening. 2 adults and DD5.

Overall crowd levels-Friday 3, Sat. 6, Sun. 7, Mon. 7.

Fri. 1/14 MK (best park on touringplans)
Sat. 1/15 EP (neutral on touringplans but we have an ADR)
Sun. 1/16 AK (neutral on touringplans)
Mon. 1/17 DHS (neutral on touringplans, nighttime emh)

We are leaving the option to hop open but we will start the day at the above parks. MK will get busy over the weekend so we want to get as much done Friday as we can.
We have ADRs at CRT on Friday for Breakfast and Akershus on Sat. for lunch.
Plugging in other ADRs now.

I would stay away from Studios on Sunday unless you are attending Fantasmic.

A little too cool in January.

Unless you live in the Northeast and your daughter goes to college on the shores of Lake Ontario!:goodvibes

I wanted a puppy for Christmas. I've been pushing this for a few months now, to no avail. So I told my DH I would like to got to WDW for a week during my daughter's January break. Just me and DD as a combined Christmas/Birthday gift. DH and I will take my other DDs during their Spring recess from HS in April! Now I have to pick our dates and our resort.:goodvibes

Unless you live in the Northeast and your daughter goes to college on the shores of Lake Ontario!:goodvibes

You got that right. Disney is perfect in January. Not too hot, low crowds (even on MLK Day compaired to peak). This is our fifth January in a row. We love it.;)

You got that right. Disney is perfect in January. Not too hot, low crowds (even on MLK Day compaired to peak). This is our fifth January in a row. We love it.;)

When my kids wer little and we could take them out of school, we went in January. Now with 2 in High School, January no longer works for the whole family. :sad2:

Oh I was starting to stress about what to pack and whether we would be lucky enough for a swim day....

But now I have even more to stress about. With 31 days to go my parents along with my DNiece 7 and DNephew 10 and my inlaws are all joining us. So at first I was thrilled, but as they all know I am the disney planner they now all want me to get them into our ADRs - including the Castle & Ohanas!!!:headache::headache:

I am also so worried that someone will spill the beans before Christmas day as it is supposed to be a surprise for my girls!

Sorry just needed to vent....

Back to being happy about 31 days

Hooray! I just made my final payment for the trip DH and I will be taking to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. We'll be there from 1/23-1/29, and I just can't wait. We're upgrading to the DxDDP before we depart. I still have to book our flight, but we're almost all set. And we even have the Wishes dessert party scheduled for 1/27, just when we hoped for! :yay:

Okay, we're really ready for our trip now. After almost a week of storms and lake effect snow, the "weather" is over. They just said on the news that parts of Syracuse received 58" of snow! We are about an hour below and got 2 feet or so and that was enough for the first storm of the year. It's 4 degrees out right now (without the wind-chill), bring on those cool January Florida days!!!!!;)

Okay, we're really ready for our trip now. After almost a week of storms and lake effect snow, the "weather" is over. They just said on the news that parts of Syracuse received 58" of snow! We are about an hour below and got 2 feet or so and that was enough for the first storm of the year. It's 4 degrees out right now (without the wind-chill), bring on those cool January Florida days!!!!!;)

Looks like we will be there for at least a bit at the same time. I am going with my daughter who goes to SUNY Oswego. They have at least a foot of snow, but with all the drifting it's hard to tell what they actually got. A lot of the lake effect snow goes right over them and lands in Syracuse.

We are down to 7 weeks and so excited. Paid off balance today. Need to get through Xmas and then start packing...hope it will warm up down there

Looks like we will be there for at least a bit at the same time. I am going with my daughter who goes to SUNY Oswego. They have at least a foot of snow, but with all the drifting it's hard to tell what they actually got. A lot of the lake effect snow goes right over them and lands in Syracuse.

Lake effect snow can be a bear in our areas for sure. I see your staying at POFQ. We stayed at PO Riverside in January; it was my Wife's (Kazooie01) last visit before she passed away from cancer in July. She loved the look of the French Quarter. Have a great time with your daughter!:thumbsup2

Lake effect snow can be a bear in our areas for sure. I see your staying at POFQ. We stayed at PO Riverside in January; it was my Wife's (Kazooie01) last visit before she passed away from cancer in July. She loved the look of the French Quarter. Have a great time with your daughter!:thumbsup2

So sorry for your loss. I hope your memories of WDW help get you through the mourning and keep her alive for your children

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter