July 2011:Calling all planners-Post your dates & Resort

:wave: Hello everyone. Only 2 more park days left and we leave on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast two weeks can go bye.

We did the Pirates League today and it was a great experience. My DD said she liked it better than BBB and she is a total princess so that says something:lmao:

Ah!! Did you get pictures?? I saw this, wondered if they did girls as well...

:wave: Hello everyone. Only 2 more park days left and we leave on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast two weeks can go bye.

We did the Pirates League today and it was a great experience. My DD said she liked it better than BBB and she is a total princess so that says something:lmao:

As the in room Disney TV commercial says - LIVE IT UP!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Hello everyone!!

Just got back from the airport ... our flight was delayed, as we were on the flight. Rather large storm right over the airport ... I wonder if WDW got some?

Anywho, I'll hopefully start my trip report this week and if not, next week at the latest ^_^

Sad I didn't get to meet any DISers, maybe next time ^_^

Glad you and your family made it home safe and sound.:thumbsup2

Hello everyone!!

Just got back from the airport ... our flight was delayed, as we were on the flight. Rather large storm right over the airport ... I wonder if WDW got some?

Anywho, I'll hopefully start my trip report this week and if not, next week at the latest ^_^

We didn't either, I'm with you- maybe next time.

And goodness. I would have been a wreck. Glad you made it home ok!

We are back home and it was a great vacation. I will be posting pictures on facebook throughout the week but don't know how to post on the dis. Saw more Photopass photographers than I have ever seen, they were everywhere. They even took the kids trying to pull the sword out of the stone by the carousel and by the Splash Mountain bridge with the waterfall behind them. We had a lot of pictures taken now I just need to find my password for my prepurchased cd I did.

just back from my trip 7/24 -7/30 we had a wonderful exhausting time!

Special WDW magic... we were the first family and "opened" the garden grill on 7/27 at 4 PM and got a photo taken with all of the characters at once!!!

The POR riverside has some room problems... we had to move from our first room because of a non working broken socket... second room was fine for the 5 nights... we added a night and had to move to another room and this one was awful!!
The bathroom door would not latch... i don't mean lock i mean latch or lock... it would not stay closed... it would open about 2-3 inches unless you held it.. not fun with a family of 5 sharing a room. The only option was moving rooms at 11 PM... we checked out the other room and the a/c smelled so we decided to deal with the door ( the iron made a good door stop) Then I got out the spare blanket for my DD and it was dirty. In the AM i showered and dried myself .. then saw the brown stains on the towel... ewwwww i re-showered... not a very magical extra night for $270.00.

Luckily the rest of the trip was lots of fun!! Loved the Garden Grill and Wishes Party... and especially loved the dance party with Stitch and other characters in tomorrowland... it reminded me of the old days when more characters were out and about!!

Those who went to the Meet on the 20th in Epcot, I posted some of the Photo Pass pictures that were taken up on my FB and one on our thread!

Kellie~ When DH and I got married, he was stationed at Ft. Hood in Killeen and I lived in San Antonio. My main problem with Drum is EVERYTHING is so spread out! I have to drive 30 minutes to get to one friend's house:eek: I am so ready for change though! Oh and if you do get Belvoir you will most surely like it! There is a pool near one of the chapels (next to the PX and the Commissary) that has slides and other little things of the like for your kiddo's!

Wendy~ Would love any information I can get (including suggestions!). We are still waiting to find out what is going on with us though. DH found out today that we hadn't gotten orders prior because he made rank and once you do then your stuck at that duty station for 3 years. Lucky for us we have been at Drum for almost 4 years at his current rank.
I hope that Disney keeps up with the military discounts too, it's one way we can afford to go. I know other military would say stay at Shades of Green, but I like that while staying on property I can get the dining plan and that's one less thing I have to worry about saving money for. I think the discount is year long though and if that's the case then we will most assuredly be going in November (The heat was just to much for us this year).

DH told me he is on one of the FIRST flights back to Drum in the fall!:dance3:
He also told me he gained 10lbs while we were at Disney:eek: I can only guess how much weight I gained back lol

That is great news about DH - the first flight, not the weight part - :rotfl: Will you be living on the post or off if you go to Ft. Bliss? El Paso is basically divided into three areas - the East side, Northeast, and the West Side. Both the East and Northeast are most convenient to Ft Bliss.....but the West side is the newest area with more restaurants etc. The mall is on the east side. My parents lived in the Northeast and I lived in the east...... when you find out for sure you are going let me know, and I will be happy to share more info!

I missed this post somehow:laughing:

Tell Ashley I feel her pain! We had part of a BTG on Pirates with us who kept snapping flash photography the ENTIRE boat ride! I so wanted to toss their cameras in the water! I do admit though that I took 2 pictures of CM's before the boat got going lol. You and your entire family were really sweet (even your son running around looking for a Photo Pass guy for us!). Hopefully we can meet up again some time!

I would love to meet up again some day! Ashley thought you were great, she still talks about the monkey in the bush :lmao: We are kind of stuck in June/July though because of school and band camp in August - unless DS decides to stop doing band.......

Yes, she was quite annoyed with the BTGs.....the Spaceship Earth ride was our worst experience with them....... We did have FPs for Splash Mountain, and they were at the same time as a BTG - the Cast Member was great, she let us and another family in ahead of the large group......she said she was not going to subject us to going behind them.

Two weeks does fly doesn't it! Pirates League looks really cool.

Hello everyone!!

I only met the Dissers at the meet in spite of my large lime green Mickey on my bag........ Can't wait to read the trip report!

We are back home and it was a great vacation. I will be posting pictures on facebook throughout the week but don't know how to post on the dis. Saw more Photopass photographers than I have ever seen, they were everywhere. They even took the kids trying to pull the sword out of the stone by the carousel and by the Splash Mountain bridge with the waterfall behind them. We had a lot of pictures taken now I just need to find my password for my prepurchased cd I did.

Welcome home! Sounds like you have some great photos

Special WDW magic... we were the first family and "opened" the garden grill on 7/27 at 4 PM and got a photo taken with all of the characters at once!!!

The POR riverside has some room problems... we had to move from our first room because of a non working broken socket... second room was fine for the 5 nights... we added a night and had to move to another room and this one was awful!!
The bathroom door would not latch... i don't mean lock i mean latch or lock... it would not stay closed... it would open about 2-3 inches unless you held it.. not fun with a family of 5 sharing a room. The only option was moving rooms at 11 PM... we checked out the other room and the a/c smelled so we decided to deal with the door ( the iron made a good door stop) Then I got out the spare blanket for my DD and it was dirty. In the AM i showered and dried myself .. then saw the brown stains on the towel... ewwwww i re-showered... not a very magical extra night for $270.00.

Luckily the rest of the trip was lots of fun!! Loved the Garden Grill and Wishes Party... and especially loved the dance party with Stitch and other characters in tomorrowland... it reminded me of the old days when more characters were out and about!!

That is really a shame about the rooms at POR - were they refurbished yet? I thought they were working on Riverside, so hopefully they will be improved......No excuses for dirty linens though.

We loved Garden Grill too and the dance party was a blast!

I need to find the July 2012 group as yesterday my husband said he thought we should go again next summer bt spend the whole time on property instead of a split with Bonnet Creek. Going to try and trade through RCI to get this accomplished. So excited to be planning another trip. This time we aren't telling the Grandkids until the week before we leave.

That is really a shame about the rooms at POR - were they refurbished yet? I thought they were working on Riverside, so hopefully they will be improved......No excuses for dirty linens though.

We loved Garden Grill too and the dance party was a blast!

I think they are just starting the riverside rehab.

We were lucky... we never got stuck behind any BTG... I saw a bunch that looked like they had broken up into several smaller groups with individual leaders.
We have been twice in July and never had any issues. In fact this time I was more bothered by some people who chose to rudely chant USA at a tour group... I would hope if I sent my children on a trip overseas that people would be more polite to them... I think that if anything Disney has to modify their policies to prevent issues... until they do the groups are doing nothing wrong.

I need to find the July 2012 group as yesterday my husband said he thought we should go again next summer bt spend the whole time on property instead of a split with Bonnet Creek. Going to try and trade through RCI to get this accomplished. So excited to be planning another trip. This time we aren't telling the Grandkids until the week before we leave.

Hello - Let us know if and when you find the July 2012 post. We would like to get on it too.

Midori and Bob

We were at the Garden Grill that same day. We had 4:05 ADR but we arrived before 4. I must have just missed it. We were actually just happy that we made it in before the downpour. I had missed my original ADR on that Friday due to the rain storm and there was no way we were going to get drenched again.

:cool1: How exciting but unfortunately I need to find a April,2013 thread:sad2: since we are not going back until them.

:cool1:

We were at the Garden Grill that same day. We had 4:05 ADR but we arrived before 4. I must have just missed it. We were actually just happy that we made it in before the downpour. I had missed my original ADR on that Friday due to the rain storm and there was no way we were going to get drenched again.

We were so lucky to eat at that time and miss the rain!! LOL :thumbsup2

Our pager just went off the characters were up on the top level waving hello... and i was surprised as they followed us to our table and the manager told us about the photo... I think they must do this with each first family...

Hello - Let us know if and when you find the July 2012 post. We would like to get on it too.

Midori and Bob

I don't think there is one yet. Hopefully someone with more experience on the Dis than I have will start one. Can't wait for our next trip.

I don't think there is one yet. Hopefully someone with more experience on the Dis than I have will start one. Can't wait for our next trip.

Thanks - We are already confirmed for July 14th through July 22nd 2012 Caribbean Beach Resort. We thought about reserving POP again and wait and see if we will get a complimentary up-grade to CBR again like we received this year. I can still change in mid stream to POP and wait to see what happens.:surfweb:

Thanks - We are already confirmed for July 14th through July 22nd 2012 Caribbean Beach Resort. We thought about reserving POP again and wait and see if we will get a complimentary up-grade to CBR again like we received this year. I can still change in mid stream to POP and wait to see what happens.:surfweb:

We are going the 12th - 22nd. Maybe I will be able to make one of the dis meets next year while I'm there. This year I arrived to late to make one. Can't wait to go back.

We are going the 12th - 22nd. Maybe I will be able to make one of the dis meets next year while I'm there. This year I arrived to late to make one. Can't wait to go back.

You will both be getting there when we are leaving! Our APs expire on July 12th so we will be leaving then.......

So jealous of everyone already planning next year!! :)

Not really... but it is neat that you all get to go! :goodvibes:goodvibes

We'll have to keep in touch throughout the year. It's really neat to meet up with Diser's you chat with on the Dis board.

You will both be getting there when we are leaving! Our APs expire on July 12th so we will be leaving then.......

That's to bad, because the more Diser's the merrier the meet is.

So jealous of everyone already planning next year!! :)

Not really... but it is neat that you all get to go! :goodvibes:goodvibes

You probably have yours already done. Ha! Ha ! - Since it just my DD and I, I have to start as soon as we get back or I will not have it paid off in time. Plus it keeps the excitment going from year to year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter