Let's track the EB PC cruise here

I don’t normally put in my two cents but in the case I felt the need to.

First of all, the adult pool is just that. ADULT!! The sign outside the pool area says “This area is restricted to guests over the age of 18”. Therefore, if you are an adult, then you have the right to use the pool. The sign does not say that the pool is restricted to those who wish to not be splashed or to sit on the edge of the pool and read a book or sip their chamomile tea. It doesn’t say that you can’t do those things but neither does it say that you can’t have fun in the pool. There is no sign telling people to not have a good time or to enjoy playing around in the pool. I am sorry, if you don’t want to be splashed. Don’t get in the pool. There is water there. There are people swimming. The ship rocks. There will be waves. You might get wet. If you don’t want to get splashed, you don’t ride on Splash Mountain, same thing applies here. If you don’t want to get splashed don’t go in the pool. There is a warning sign on Splash Mountain, maybe the DCL people thought everyone was smart enough to realize a pool had water in it.

Just because the pool is an adult pool does not mandate that it is QUIET. I don’t see the people who were having fun and enjoying the games and play at the pool complaining about those who didn’t participate. I was at the pool every sea days from as early as I could get there to as late as I could stay before dinner. I never participated in any of the group activities, but I didn’t feel threatened or insulted by those who chose to engage. I even managed to read my book in the pool. I did make sure it was a book that I wasn’t concerned about getting wet, because I knew ahead a time that if I chose to read in the pool area, I might get splashed. If DCL didn’t want people to have a great time at the adult pool they wouldn’t have organized pool games and they also wouldn’t have a fully stocked bar in the pool area. They would serve tea and crumpets and play opera music only. Maybe some of the activities of others in the pool were too much for you. That is really too bad that you couldn’t realize how great it was that so many people who had never met before this cruise could have such a great time enjoying each other’s company. I found that wonderful and a great blessing.

In fact, what better place to let loose and allow your inner child to come out and play than on a DISNEY vacation. Wasn’t it Walt Disney himself that said "Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either."

As to the pool attire of some of the guest, so what? You have to remember that DCL is open to anyone. There are people from countries that have completely different views on clothing not to mention pool wear or lack of. What some may see as “too much skin” maybe normal to others? What gives anyone the right to question what others see as normal? I might not always like what I see but I don’t feel the need to assume that those people don’t have as much right to use the adult pool as I do. I noticed that some who found the women wearing thongs objectionable didn’t seem to mind and actually found it amusing that there was a Speedo parade of men around Palo’s. This by the way is not a strictly adult area. You can’t have it both ways.

I am sorry if some feel that your children would be scarred forever from seeing such things. Hmmm. My kids have certainly seen bottoms before. In fact, on an excursion in Aruba, while on a boating trip, similar to Jolly Pirates, there was a catamaran of people that pulled alongside us. They were all very friendly and all very naked. What could we do? Complain to guest services? Demand our money back? Not hardly. We can’t control everything and neither can they. It certainly would be a boring world if we all thought and acted the exact same way.

I guess it could be requested that DCL put up more signs that tell people to be quiet at the pool and to not wear Speedo’s or Thongs. Or post security to make sure people are not having too much fun, but then I think maybe we should also have signs posted outside of the Walt Disney Theater asking parents to not bring in their young children who might possible kick the chair in front of them or laugh to loud, or talk during a performance. Maybe they need security roaming the aisles looking for the adults who aren’t monitoring their noisy children well enough. Maybe they need officers controlling the lines for photo opportunities for those who feel that they can cut in line or take 50 pictures of their kids and care less about the 100 or more people still waiting to get a picture taken before they rush off to dinner or a show. How about having an officer standing outside of Animator’s Palette, Lumiere’s and Parrot Cay telling those that think it is okay to wear shorts and printed t-shirts to find a place at Topsiders or one of the other choices on Deck 9, to eat instead, since it clearly states in the Navigator that proper attire is required and no shorts, please. Or maybe the overweight people should be told not to take so much food from the buffets , since I am sure there are some that might find them offensive too. Seriously, how far do you want to take it? I am just thrilled that there is a place where we can go and have a great time and actually enjoy the differences of others and learn about other cultures.

Such Wisdom....Glad to see it still exists :idea:

I wonder what people would think if they realized that there is a nudist colony VERY close to WDW. My friends and I used to go there for the art show because visitors can wear their clothes at that event. Tons of nudity and not too many hard bodies...a thong is tame by comparison! I saw the thong at the adult pool and the only thing that disturbed me about it was imagining how it would drive me nuts when it went up my butt. :rotfl:

Considerably more disturbing was the number of men who really needed to be wearing bras. Seriously, a woman would be arrested for indecent exposure but there were plenty of "man ****s" that had to be at least a B cup, if not a C. Ugh! :eek:

I dunno about anyone else, but I had a blast at that cruise and didn't find the antics at the adult pool to be detrimental to my enjoyment. Maybe I need to develop a thinner skin. ;)

Would be more appropriate to share your 'thicker skin' with those who seem to be 'thin skinned'. Great story, made me laugh !!!

Yep and the next night there was acloud formation that looked like a pirate ship...I'll have to find it and ppost it if it came out...

ry%3D320
ry%3D320

Mike, I think is the sunset you were thinking of.:goodvibes

I was one of the people who had a wonderful time by the pool and participated in the pool games. I've never had so much fun on a Disney cruise and I'm grateful to have met so many new people that also wanted to have a wonderful time. I feel bad for Adults that don't know how to have fun. I think they call them FUN SUCKERS.
:cool1:

Christopher it was the 23rd. :goodvibes

Bummer, I was either too late or too early on the 23rd. Here's my sunset pics from the 23rd. I remembered the smoke in the picture which is why I was hoping to have seen it.

P8230105.jpg

P8230088.jpg

Here is a pic of the 22nd:

P1020707.jpg

That's a great one too! You know it is so nice that simple things can bring us as much enjoyment as the bigger things. Most everyday we can take advantage of the sunrising and setting. But being on the ocean or beach seems to make it that much better.:goodvibes

That's a great one too! You know it is so nice that simple things can bring us as much enjoyment as the bigger things. Most everyday we can take advantage of the sunrising and setting. But being on the ocean or beach seems to make it that much better.:goodvibes

I agree...we are very fortunate to have our house sit up on a ridge overlooking the beautiful Rocky Mountains. I never tire of watching the gorgeous sunsets over the Rockies.. I enjoyed the views over the water as they are so different than the mountains, especially with the reflections.

Please share - how has everyone has the time to download their pictures. Have loads and really looking forward to seeing them but had to get the cases unpacked first.

Did anyone manage to take any of the storm in the Panama Canal- know I did but it was so spectacular am sure someone has some good ones to share.

Please share - how has everyone has the time to download their pictures. Have loads and really looking forward to seeing them but had to get the cases unpacked first.

Did anyone manage to take any of the storm in the Panama Canal- know I did but it was so spectacular am sure someone has some good ones to share.

I downloaded our pics to the laptop daily and backed them up onto DVDs while on the ship. Didn't want to chance losing a camera or a card. However, I haven't had to time to go through them to upload to the photosharing site. I put a few out in photobucket for me to post here.

Yes, that storm was incredible and it was fun to ride it out on Deck 10. We kept looking at the lightning rods at the front of the boat and commenting that at least they were higher than us.

The first post on page 90 has just a few of our pictures of the storm. I have more that we plan to upload this weekend to the photosharing site. I hope someone caught some of the lightning.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27405196#post27405196

Those pictures are great and it does not seem like just a week since we arrived home. Must get organised and download my pictures -

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have been following your cruise from time to time, with great envy I must add! I was on the first WB Panama cruise and loved every minute! It seems to me that if people are looking for peace and quiet on vacation they probably shouldn't book a cruise with 2500 other people ;). JMHO.

Paula , I am so sorry I didn't get to meet you on the 5 night . Just too much going on I guess. Loved your FE magnet. It's on my fridge now!

Was also sorry I didn't get to meet Todd and his family, especially on Pirate Night. We had late dining and by the time we made it up to the party it was a mob scene. Oh well, maybe we'll meet on the Baltic cruise :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter