Lindsay and Chris PJ! WP/Italy Isola/AAR...Disneyland Paris Honeymoon added 7-19

That is so wonderful!!!

Very cool! You guys did a great job!

Linds - your first dance was awesome! You and Chris did a great job and it shows that you guys worked really hard. Leonard and his date were really nice, we had a great time chatting with them!

It looks great. I had to watch it on my phone, but I'll check it out again when I get home.

You can really tell all the hard work that went into the dance!! I loved it!

Great job Lindsay and Chris!

Loved your bustle, you couldn't even tell the dress was up in back. You must have had a great seamstress!

Thanks girls! We worked so hard on the dance and it was great to hear our crowd's reaction. They all seemed genuinely shocked. My dress alterations were done by David's bridal. I told the lady that I didn't want my bustle to look like a bustle... so she continued the pickups. It was a 9 point under bustle. They were supposed to do ties, but instead they used buttons.

There are a few things I wish I would have done with the dance lessons: I wish I would have practiced a few times weights on. See, at dance class I wore workout clothes and the hoop/crinnie. I never once practiced that dance with the weight of dress. I could really tell the difference with the added weight. After the first run thru I was winded! Chris also said that he noticed the weight of the dress when he had to pick me up. It was hard!!

Also, I wish that we had been able to practice more in the dress. The dress was longer than I realized and we both stepped on it several times. I realize that unless Chris saw me in my dress days before the wedding, there was no way for this to happen... but it would have been nice to have a true dress rehearsal

Lindsay,

Just finally got caught up again on your PJ. I love everything about your wedding!! I love the flower balls, your bouquet was gorgeous!! Your first dance was awesome!!! Your hard work really paid off!!

Linds, your dance was great! I love the little kick-jump Chris did in the beginning.
That was his favorite part too!

Great job Lindsay!
Thanks!

Lindsay,

Just finally got caught up again on your PJ. I love everything about your wedding!! I love the flower balls, your bouquet was gorgeous!! Your first dance was awesome!!! Your hard work really paid off!!

Thanks! I was so super impressed with the flower balls.

Reception will be continuing soon.

More Reception
After we finished ou dance it was time for the best man toast. Dave gave a great toast! We have it on video, but I don't have that uploaded... but he talked about Rutgers (almost all of us went to Rutgers) the Yankees (we're big fans) and the fact that Dave and I were both history majors. Then he mentioned that Chris told him that I wouldn't go out with him because he didn't have a job (he didn't) and that Dave thought it was great that I helped him find a career. A very good Best Man toast, I though.

Then, Dad said a few things and said that we have a strong family with strong women and that it was a good thing that Chris had a lot of patience because I'm "a little high strung". Thanks Dad.

Finally, it was time to eat!!! Our waiter, Craig took us through the buffet line. (PS, I love people named Craig because that's my last name) and we got our food and he refilled our glasses with champagne! (Again, I don't have our Randy pictures back yet so I don't have any pictures of this...) Randy said that he was going to eat and then he'd get us so that we could sneak out and take pictures in France.

We finished eating and we were able to stop by several tables and say hi to everyone. We got a lot of compliments on our dance, which was very cool because we honestly didn't think that people would be that excited about it.

Randy came to get us and we walked over to France. I really can't wait to see these pictures!! We took pics by the resturant, by the lamp posts and by the fountain. Then he asked where our actual engagement spot was and he took pictures there. Chris got down on one knee for one of the pictures in our actual engagement spot. :love: Randy said that it was the first time that he's taken a picture of a bride and groom on their wedding day in the actual spot that they got engaged. I thought that was cool. We started heading back and saw a bunch of our guests milling outside so we stopped to talk to them. Caryn saw a mark on my dress and fluffed my dress and a HUGE bug crawled off of it. It was gross! :eek:

We went back inside and it was time for our dance with our parents. We decided to do them at the same time. I'd dance with my Dad while Chris danced with his Mom and then I'd dance with my Grandfather while Chris danced with his grandmother.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

(I guess I don't have any pictures yet of me and my dad.... )

We were able to walk around for a little while and say hi to the rest of our guests and then they served dessert!
IMG_0316.jpg

Chocolate cannolis were included in our menu, so I had them remove that teardrop chocolate mousse thing and put the cannoli on the plates. I think it worked out better that way.

Then, it was time for cake
IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

(I didn't realize when Caryn and I picked out the cake toppers that both Aurora and Phillip wouldn't fit on top! I told Diane to just make it work, so she put the Aurora on top of the cake and Phillip on the table)

They walked us through the instructions on how to cut the cake.
IMG_0321.jpg

And then we asked for forks so that we could feed each other.
IMG_0323.jpg

And then our guests asked us to do it again so that they could have a picture too!

IMG_0325.jpg

Around this time, Diane came and asked me if the lace from my mother's bouquet was going to go to Keepsake Floral with the bouquet. I said yes and I hope that they saved it because I'd like to include that with my keepsake. I said goodbye to my bouquet and she packaged it up.

We took a few more pictures and then it was time to go. :sad1: I wish now that I had thought to check the tables for leftover favors. I have 3, but if there were extra I guess they'd be nice to have... We said goodbye and thank you to Diane and Randy and then got loaded onto the bus. We all chatted about the wedding on the way home and then we were unloaded at the valet stop.

A nice valet man helped us unload all of our boxes (cake, gifts, etc). Chris was waiting for something... I don't remember what it was, so I hopped on the golf cart and went back to the room with all of our stuff. (I really had to pee and I wanted to get out of my dress). A few minutes later Chris showed up. We looked through our stuff. Realized that Mary had my camera and I sent her a text so that I could arrange to get it before she left the next day. I thought about getting everything organized because we would be switching to our free room for our last night but the decided (at 2am) that it was time for bed.

The end of our wedding.

Coming up: "Honeymoon" day 1

I think the cake looked beautiful! Love the slipper with the cannolis: it was a nice presentation.

I think the cake topper looks awesome like that! Very unique! Looks better than if they were side-to-side, imo. Definitely more uncommon, in a good way!

And now that I've kept you all waiting.

Here is a link to the video of our dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGJu9D9HuXE

(hopefully this works)

Lindsay that dance was awesome. I wish I would have thought to take dance classes with my DH. Maybe for our 25th vow renewal at WDW in 13 years. :lmao: I have been reading so many weddings on the DIS I have a lot of ideas in my head. Now I have another, take dance classes.

I think the cake with Prince Philip on the bottom was cool. The cake looked great. The chocolate Cinderella shoe is awesome as well.

Lindsay,

I'm a late-comer to your PJ and WR, but I just wanted to let you know that everything looks just amazing. Great job on the dance! My DF and I started dance classes...we didn't make it past 4. So, we're just doing the slow-dance shuffle. Not near as cool as yours! :thumbsup2

Kim

It was kind of fun walking to the WP with the parade of bridesmaids…I think Tanis was with us, maybe not though…we sang, “Goin To the Chapel” and REALLY annoyed Lindsay. When we passed by the big corporate event, we smelled the food and asked if we could have some but they said no…we thought the big white dress might give us a free pass to cut in front of the line but they were super mean and obviously wanted us to go hungry…

Dad met us halfway and we made our way to the bridge. This is the best part…Diane was on the bridge ahead of us, talking into her walkie-talkie saying, “the bride is here…WHY ARE THOSE DOORS OPEN????” Military precision. I LOVE IT!

In the brides vestibule, we handed our balls over to the mean flower man and sat in the rooms with Julian, Zack and Luke. Julian was VERY concerned that he was going to be bad, so he told us several times that if he was bad we HAD to let him know. I high 5’d him and said he was doing great…

It seemed to take forever to get everything going. Finally, the boys lined up and I popped my head out of the BV to remind them to smile. There is NOTHING worse than having your bridal party look bored during your wedding ceremony…trust me. I KNOW…

The boys were off and then we had to line up. I happily reminded Lindsay that if this wasn’t the decision for her, then she needed to take this opportunity to let us know…I think I told her we’d steal a boat from the GF marina and be on our merry way, but I’m not sure if that’s what I said. I do however remember that my father said the same thing to her, to which I reminded him of his response to me during MY last moments as a free girl, (I told him that was the moment where he was supposed to tell me that if this wasn’t the decision for me that we could just take the Rolls to Miami and everyone else could just get over it, to which he said, “No. I’m not saying that to you.”) Thanks Dad. Lindsay said she was good, so I took a last look at single Lindsay and went to line up, happily saying, “UPLIFTED EXPRESSIONS” to the bridal party as I went along. When we were lined up, Julian was again expressing his need to act correctly, all the while slamming his ring bearer pillow into the wall.

Off we went…being MOH, I was last…on the way down the aisle (expression UPlifted) I gave a big shout out to mah taters and almost tripped on the aisle runner as I ascended the stairs. I had provided really thick double-sided tape in order to prevent this…but the DFTW staff thought they knew more than me and decided to use stick pins. Let me just say, that had my original instructions been followed, the darned thing probably would NOT have ended up in flames at the end of the night…

Standing on the altar, I noticed my aunt on the phone, I figured she was talking to our Aunt who was unable to make it and I thought it was so cool!!! Gotta love modern technology…All the while I was thinking…this is taking forever, WHERE IS SHE???? In the interest of distracting Chris, I asked him to fix the aisle runner. I mean, I slaved over that stupid thing and I did NOT want it looking messed up in pictures. So he fixed it. She STILL wasn’t there. So there I am thinking that I’m going to have to pull a Meredith Grey at Christina and Burke’s wedding when she appears. Phew. Crisis averted.

The whole way down the aisle, Lindsay carried her bouquet at her side…NOT at her belly button. I’d forgotten to instruct her…I’m a bad MOH…

Blah Blah Blah ceremony. At one point I got slightly teary and asked Megan to blow on my eyes and then I was making funny faces so that I didn’t tear all over my make up and my mother was yelling at me silently from her seat in the front row. Oops…

We lined up for the staged flower toss on the bridge and I helped Randy by telling people to get out of the way…I mean, seriously, HE was the professional photographer. Everyone else was just amateurs…so annoying.

When that was all said and done we made our way to the buses. I was going to bus 1 to save front seats for Lindsay and Chris when the bus driver came to me panicky that the DVD’s wouldn’t play. I WAS MAD. It literally took Mark and I 10 hours to do those and they were FUNNY. Since I’d been bumped from making a speech at the reception (THANKS DAD) I really wanted the DVD to be part of the night. DRAT! Oh well. It couldn’t be helped. I still had to play linebacker and kick people out of seats on the bus. Now, normally, this would not be an issue…nor did I think it WOULD be one. I get on the bus and notice that there were no seats in the front (I don’t even remember who was sitting in the first ones) so I informed them that they needed to move. Someone questioned me on that and I was like, “UH, YOU THINK LINDSAY CAN GET THROUGH THAT AISLE IN THAT BIG DRESS?????? NO. MOVE.” Lindsay doesn’t know this. I was already mad about the DVD, so I got off the bus, giving a meaningful glance to Mary (fellow BM, who I KNEW would fix this problem in my absence) and ran to find the bride to tell her about the movie…Diane was bustling her and when she was done she asked me to get her veil out. I told her that I had saved her seats in the front on the bus and that we would take it out once we sat down. I did take the veil out and we were on our way…

Backstage in EPCOT we were stopped by security and the mean lady yelled at my grandmother for having a wrapped gift…DUH! The mean security lady said that we WERE informed, to which I said, “uh, NO, we were NOT.” (Seriously, this is our 2nd DFTW event in less than 2 years and I have NOT heard this. Mean security lady can stuff it.). They finally let us through with the contraband gift and we followed the light saber lady to the Isola. I changed my shoes because I thought I was going to die and then as soon as I got to the Isola I took my contacts out and immediately ate two whole martini glasses full of Mickey Roni n Cheese. It was around this time that the BM Dave and I signed the Marriage license (Randy got pics of this which is so cool) and then I found out about the aisle runner. Bless my FIL, he said, “oh don’t worry, it wasn’t on the part that you decorated.” So cute. I almost hyperventilated.

I was very concerned that Lindsay and Chris hadn’t eaten, so I went to find them on the bridge with Randy. That man was just snap snap snappin away. He knows that fireworks show better than it’s creator, I swear. I asked them if they needed anything and they said no, but THEN the dance instructor appeared and they whisked off to go practice.

There they are, sneaking away!
IMG_0298.jpg

The room/tables were beautiful
IMG_0306.jpg

Lindsay covered most of the reception, except she FORGOT to include 3 key guests…Drag Queen Ken was THRILLED to be included in this day…
IMG_0307.jpg

as were 2 dressed up taters…here’s Lindsay’s reaction upon seeing all of them…
IMG_0309.jpg

Taters kept appearing EVERYWHERE. SOMEONE must have been putting them all over the room…
IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Ken felt upset that no one was dancing with him…
IMG_0336.jpg

Rob was SO hungry at the reception…
IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

when the night ended, we were all exhausted...

Caryn. Didn't you know that it is "weird and creepy" to dress up potatoes? Come on now.

I absolutely love that DQK made an appearance and even dressed appropriately for the occasion. Where was his boyfriend? Rico, is it?

Rico couldn't make it, unfortunately...DQK dressed to impress and even tried to match the wedding colors!!!

Regarding the taters, personally, I think that stalking someone's Bridal Shower PJ and talking about it to others is even more "creepy and weird." ESPECIALLY when that person hasn't done one darned thing to you or anyone and she is simply guilty by association. THAT'S "creepy and weird." I could be wrong though...:charac2:

I really wanted to make a speech at the reception. I'd been planning it for almost a year...well, during Thanksgiving, I was informed by my father that I was bumped. So mean. I made the keynote speech at my college graduation...I think I can handle an MOH speech...

It was a really good speech and I even had a joke planned...

Here's how it was supposed to go (minus joke. i am NOT wasting a perfectly good joke on a message board. i'm saving it for megan's wedding.)...

Last year, Lindsay called me and said she wanted to run a 1/2 Marathon. I was totally down and so we first called Megan, who said we were crazy and then we called our Dad who said, "YEAH RIGHT!" He totally doubted that we could do it. Personally, I thought that he doubted that LINDSAY could do it...Lindsay, the girl who did cartwheels on the soccer field, the girl who covered her eyes before catching the softball...There was no way, ANY of us thought that SHE could run mile, much less a 1/2 marathon.

As the year went on, we both trained, and in January, we crossed the finish line in the EPCOT parking lot, got our Donald medals and said, "YEAH RIGHT DAD!" She did it. Amazing.

Finishing a race of that caliber takes planning, dedication and PATIENCE (something that until recently, we all thought Lindsay lacked). She persevered and she did great.

I was slightly mean to Chris when I first met him. I decided that he needed "the test" and he passed, with flying colors.

Chris has the patience of a saint. A patron saint. Patience is a virtue. A virtue particularly important when living with Lindsay...trust me. I know. When she crossed the finish line in January, Chris was there, ready to help and support her. They help and support each other.

So now, here we are. At their wedding. INSERT JOKE HERE

So now, take a moment and raise your glass for my sister AND my new brother. To a lifetime of happiness together! CHEERS!

Caryn I love when you post things from your view, you are really funny. Your speech was great. I guess I'll have to wait until Megan's wedding for the joke. Megan any plans yet? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter