Live from SSR--and I hate it!

PrincessSarah314

Mouseketeer
We've just gotten off the Fantasy, which was wonderful. But now that we are here, the place is just disappointing.

The bathroom floor is dirty--visible dirt all over the tiles. The bathroom door has cobwebs all over it. The room is very worn looking, and has a layer of dust on it. I'm guessing it's been empty for some time before we checked in, as it was hot and the thermostat was set to 75.

The hallways are very, very dark. There are spiderwebs all over the walls when walking through the hallways. The bed is not comfortable, it feels very worn out.

Our room is near the laundry, pool, and bus though. I think I may call MS and try to get a room (resort) change so we're not stuck here for the next 3 nights. Thoughts? :confused3

I'm in the process of looking to purchase a resale contract to get into DVC. However, I have to be honest, I have read many threads that make it sound like the DVC properties are not being kept clean/well maintained. It this period just an anomaly or a trend?

I'm in the process of looking to purchase a resale contract to get into DVC. However, I have to be honest, I have read many threads that make it sound like the DVC properties are not being kept clean/well maintained. It this period just an anomaly or a trend?

This is not normal. We are on our 4th visit this year alone and this is our first problem. SSR is an older resort, and in the middle of a remodel. We went to the front desk, explained the problem, and they moved us immediately. We are now in a remodeled room, and it's clean. The only trade off is that it's in a different area of the resort.

So SSR is not an older resort. I would venture you got a poor room. Spiders are quite prevalent this time of year - knock a web down and it's up by lunch. Glad that you were able to be resituated but please don't dis an entire resort.

What area are you in? You could be asked to be moved to Congress Park where the rooms have been rehabbed.

Any time a resort goes through a rehab it does signify it is time for a refresh, no excuse for it not being clean.

I would speak to someone at the Front Desk in person.

As to the hallways being dark, only if lights are out, we have stayed there many times and if all lights are working, it is not dark.

DVC uses the same housekeeping service Disney Resorts does. They are over worked and understaffed and you give them a large villa to clean and members wanting a room before 4pm and it leaves many not cleaned properly.

As to rehabs, since members pay for that, the schedule is not as often as Disney resorts, so yes right before a rehab the rooms are showing wear and tear. They should still be clean though.

We were moved into a rehabbed room in Congress Park. Tried using the iPod Dock and there was no power cord. I tried plugging my laptop charger into an outlet and it doesn't work. The top of the nightstand is broken, and so it is just resting there, not attached to anything. Remember, this is in a renovated room!

We were moved into a rehabbed room in Congress Park. Tried using the iPod Dock and there was no power cord. I tried plugging my laptop charger into an outlet and it doesn't work. The top of the nightstand is broken, and so it is just resting there, not attached to anything. Remember, this is in a renovated room!

How long did it take to be replaced or fixed after you reported these items?

The "broken" outlet is usually just tied into the light switch on the wall. Just flip the switch and the outlet will work. Usually a lamp is plugged into that outlet so that it can be turned on and off with the wall switch.

Be sure you go to the front desk and talk to a manager. If you call the front desk, you'll get their call center, wherever that is, and who knows when it'll be addressed.

We have been moved again! We were moved around 11:30 this morning to the Grand Floridian. Our room is lovely, and other than Debby things are going great! The CMs at SSR were all wonderful and very helpful, but the rooms just weren't great and the looked dirty and worn down. We had more than one CM tell us that they do frequent room changes, so I'm presuming this is a common problem. Hopefully the refurb will do the trick. Unfortunately, we will not be returning to SSR. As DVC owners we will stick to the other DVC resorts.

We have been moved again! We were moved around 11:30 this morning to the Grand Floridian. Our room is lovely, and other than Debby things are going great! The CMs at SSR were all wonderful and very helpful, but the rooms just weren't great and the looked dirty and worn down. We had more than one CM tell us that they do frequent room changes, so I'm presuming this is a common problem. Hopefully the refurb will do the trick. Unfortunately, we will not be returning to SSR. As DVC owners we will stick to the other DVC resorts.

Were you there on a point stay, if so how did you get to the Grand Floridian. :confused3

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you had with SSR. We so love that resort. :love:

I wish this hadn't been posted.

I can see it now... every small thing means "i want a GF room"

(Which by the way ranks as my ALL TIME WORST Disney hotel expereince. I literally wrote "DUST ME" on the furniture.. and it stayed there for two days. And that was just the beginning of the disaster. Give me SSR ANY DAY!)

Take into fact that CS in all these complaint threads, have done what I would consider a great job of resolving the situations . I haven't seen one that hasn't had a reasonable solution offered by CS . These commissions seem justified but some of the complaints seem outragous to me at times.

Often, we may not recognize the good DVC experiences. I can say on my recent VB trip, that CM's treated both of my children in a magical way that they won't forget.

DD was surprised with a b day card and an Eeyore pin that was left for her in our room. Eeyore is one of her fave characters so she was thrilled to add it to her collection! DS7 visited the VB gift shop everyday to check out DVD's because he LOVED a CM who joked around with him. At the end of the trip, DS left the CM a note saying what fun she was!

Hmmmm....We have stayed at SSR many, many times and always loved it. I think some people are very hard to please. Being upgraded to the GF? Did you ask for that? It sounds like you weren't going to be happy until they moved you to another resort. It is sounding more and more like people expect perfection on the part of WDW. Guess what folks? Ain't gonna happen! People are not perfect and we don't live or play (at WDW) in a perfect world.

Hmmmm....We have stayed at SSR many, many times and always loved it. I think some people are very hard to please. Being upgraded to the GF? Did you ask for that? It sounds like you weren't going to be happy until they moved you to another resort. It is sounding more and more like people expect perfection on the part of WDW. Guess what folks? Ain't gonna happen! People are not perfect and we don't live or play (at WDW) in a perfect world.

I'm gonna agree with what you are saying, Alexander. I really think there is no pleasing some people.

We have done at least 2 stays at SSR and never had a problem. To be honest I can't remember since we've owned DVC having really any problems. I think the only time we had somethign wrong was that the room smelled a bit bleachy so they really cleaned it. I am a bit sensative to smell so it buged me a bit but otherwise i can't remember any really bad situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter