Make A Wish Album-DELIVERED. More pics see post #230

I just thought I would let you all know about the delivery on the albums. My plan is I am going up to Raleigh on January 23. Little later than planned, but for good reason.

1. I NEED tires. Of course the ones on my car have to be ordered and to do that I got to make a deposit first, which I was going to do today, but then I was informed there was no rebate like I was told on the phone, so now I am waiting till Jan. 16 when the rebate will return. It will take 3 days to get here, so hopefully I will have them in time. I dont want to take the trip until I get the new ones. Mine are in bad shape.

2. It gives me some time to make a gift basket for each. I decided it would be nice to put them in a nice basket with some trinkets.

3. It is my son's b-day. The one who received a wish last year. I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate it. He is going to be thirteen, but only has the capacity of a little infant. It is hard to find ways to celebrate his birthday, since toys and such he can not use. I thought this would be nice way to commerate it. Plus on this day his best nurse is working and she would love to do this with my ds.

4. I got rear ended the day after Christmas, so maybe I will have time to go by the Chrysler dealer to get them to order what they need to fix a Nissan. Go figure... no body shop at the Nissan place. Plus the insurance person recommended me to go there. Probably wont be fixed by then, but that is no biggie.

So that is where I am at for delivering the albums. I am going to take some pictures. Since I have an extra hand I might get some good ones.

That sounds great! I am glad to be a part of your son's birthday celebration.

Rebecca

Sorry about the tires & accident, but :woohoo: for a way to celebrate your DS birthday.

Thanks everyone for the nice well wishes for my ds b-day. I think it will be nice for the MW workers to see him and I want to tell them thanks for the swing set and special seat for him to swing in. I get to have both of my boys outside together.

Plus I can show my able body ds how important it is to do good things for others. Like all the help from you gals to make someones day brighter.

I am so thankful to you for doing the albums. It is such a great thing. I am glad that we all get to be a part of your DS birthday. Even if we all can't be there to see the happiness. Please post pics.
Thank you again
Cindy

What a great way to celebrate your DS's birthday!!!! Thank you for doing this swap. I'm so glad that I've been able to be a part of it.

Yesterday we delivered the albums to MAW. It was a nice visit and everyone who was there came out and welcomed us and were so estatic over the baskets. They wanted to see the pages, but not unwrap the baskets, so I gave them the website and instructions on how to find this thread, so hopefully they have or will be able to find it. So here are a few more pics I wanted to share:

The girls basket:
006.jpg

The boys basket:
007.jpg

All wrapped up:
008.jpg

Before entering the office:
026.jpg

028.jpg

The MAW team:
030.jpg

I made cards for each basket and here is what I wrote inside of each card:

Have a magical time at Disney World. It is a place to make wonderful memories that will last a life time. This gift basket was made for you from a group of women, who live all across the country, but came together and wanted you to have a way to capture your memories at Disney. We are from a scrapbook board called Disboards.com. We are women who love to scrapbook and love Disney. We hosted a swap called Make A Wish album swap. Inside you will find your autograph album. It contains many characters to find for autographs. There is a place for a 4x6 photo and a smaller box/tag for the characters signature. There is even some tape included, so all you need to do is put your picture in there when you return home with your memories. The last page of your album has messages from all the women who helped make this album.

Enjoy your trip. Create wonderful memories never to be forgotten. Feel the magic of Disney.

Friends from the Disboards on the swapping thread.

Fantastic! I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of this special project. Thanks for putting it all together and for delivering the wondeful baskets.

Shaun, we are all so blessed to have you!
Thank you for letting us all be a part of this!
Just beautiful!

Wow...thanks so much for putting it all together. I am honored to have been part of it. :blush:

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures with us. I feel honored to have been part of such a great project. Thank you for all that you did to organize this. :flower3:

Thank you everyone for helping with this project. I am so very happy that everyone loved being a part of this idea. I get their newsletters, so who knows maybe one day I will see the baskets again in one of the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter