Man Card Revoked!!

I so wish my husband was even a tiny bit like you guys! We have never been, so I'm hoping that once we get there he enjoys himself so much that he becomes a Disney fan. However he hates crowds, being on a schedule and spending money so I'm thinking it will be a LONG time before we visit Disney again after this trip :(

DH loves the planning too!

I travel for work and long ago learned how to squeeze every possible travel promo.......free airfare, free car rentals, free hotel rooms. He is learning how to work travel discounts so along with castmember benefits, our trips are really-really affordable. He LOVES staying in delux resorts and paying less than he did 10 years ago overall for disney trips when he stayed in moderates!

What he loves most is when I say....ok, we have the points....LET'S GO!

My family gets embarrassed when i walk through the mall doing the Goofy Dance singing Hot Dog! .. (oddly enough they don't care that a 38 year old Watches Mickey Mouse Club House :)

Hang on to your card. Being the Disney freak in my family hasen't changed anything, I'm still a beer swilling, cigar smoking, Bambi hunting, belching, f@rting, scratching man. I recall when the test on manhood was quiche', as in, 'Real men don't eat quiche'', to which I used to reply, 'Real men eat any d@mn thing we want', and if we want Key Lime pie in WDW, who's to argue with that.

Bill From PA

Now there is the statement of statements for WDW men. That line should be used in a Dos Equis or Old Spice commercial. Love it!!! :lmao:

I so wish my husband was even a tiny bit like you guys! We have never been, so I'm hoping that once we get there he enjoys himself so much that he becomes a Disney fan. However he hates crowds, being on a schedule and spending money so I'm thinking it will be a LONG time before we visit Disney again after this trip :(

Honestly, I wouldn't put him on a schedule then. With the crowds and money already being a factor, it may help if he isn't on one. Sleep in and hit the parks planning on staying until close especially EMH at MK and EPCOT when they are open pretty late. We used to be there when the parks opened. Now, we just wake up when we wake up and go knowing it will be a late night. The crowds when we were there this year (June) were not bad at all. I remember when we were doing our best to be there as early as we could, I would stress if the buses were late or if DH wasn't back from running, etc. etc. It's easier to me not to worry and just take it in stride. We would just get fast passes and go back and go to the attractions later.

I do the majority of the planning as well as looking on this site and many others. My DW :love: does some of it and works with me on ADR's, she actually has our planning calendar on her computer. I guess we are more partners on this then anything else.

Ok so, my DH was 21 years old when he joined the Dis. It was before we were married and we still don't have kids! He is the one that got me onto the boards. :thumbsup2

And just to make you feel better. He isn't a weirdo or a nerd. (well, he's an IT guy so a little bit of a nerd). But I think he's pretty cool. :smooth:

I also want to say he enjoys college football, Braves baseball, and a good cigar with some good barbeque too. So man card is well intact.

If they want my man card, they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

ClearScreen

Add me to the list as well.

I do all the planning, scheduling, purchasing, watching videos, listening to the music, makeing T-shirts, etc... in our home. My wife likes Disney, but she is hardly a fanatic. My son likes it as well, but I think he would like US more. My daughter is the only other real Disney fan in the house, and she really pales in comparison to me.

I listen to Live365 Disney stations (about 12 of them) off and on all day. I make Disney spread sheets and text pages as well (with video and photo attachments). I make our ADR or CS selections (I always ask for input, but all I ever get is "no, you go ahead and do it").

On our next trip (in about 40 days or so), I'll be taking close to 10,000 photos. I'm also preparing a scavenger hunt kind of activity for the family as well.

Now, Disney isn't the only important thing in my life (far from it), but it is something that I really enjoy, and find that it is worth the effort putting some time into it.

As for my man card, after a couple of kids, and being married for over 20 years, I stopped worrying about that card some time ago. If being a Disney nut means giving up my man card, than they can have it.

I also didn't know about the Disney Dad thread. I think I might have to go and check it out as well.

Hello. My name's Rich. (Hi Rich) And I'm addicted to Disney.

I plan our trips. I make our reservations. I've got the countdown on my phone. I bring it up to our boys. I troll the Dis. I troll youtube for other people's vacation videos (I know, I know, my wife tells me that's dumb).

I love what our two family trips (07 and 08) have done for our family: me, wife, son 13 and son 10. I really love what our solo trip did for my wife and I (09). Love WDW. Headed back October 1 for my 40th birthday. Started saving money the day we got back last year.

I'm right there with y'all. And they will never get my man-card just because I'm a Disney junkie.

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger, my brother. As you can see there are a lot of us guys who love the mouse. I do it all in my house and drive my wife crazy staying on here and looking a pics. Kids tend to love it sometimes, though. GO DIS DADS!:cheer2:

If loving Disney is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Another manly man here. I'm on the DIS every day. From our previous trip, I've still got my 4x6 photo books filled with index cards for each day's itinerary, all of our hotel, flight, and dining reservations, and my collection of tips and tricks for each park, attraction, parade, etc. I do ALL the planning in our family. DW tolerates it and enjoys our vacations, but she makes fun of me being OCD about planning and doesn't want any part of it. When we've got a trip coming up, every day I'm asking her opinion about what we should do when and she always just tells me to decide and she's fine with whatever.

We do casual Friday in my office and I'm wearing my Mickey shirt(the vintage looking one in blue), sitting at my desk at this very moment. Most days, I bring one of my Disney coffee mugs (I have 4 of them) to work.

Tonight, I'll be spending the evening playing poker with the guys, drinking scotch or tequila (with a few vodka shots thrown in) and swearing heavily. Can I keep my man card?

If loving Disney is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Tonight, I'll be spending the evening playing poker with the guys, drinking scotch or tequila (with a few vodka shots thrown in) and swearing heavily. Can I keep my man card?

With that avatar you have there, you can keep your man card no matter what you do. :rotfl2:

They gave me a humorous card (in good taste) that showed a man having his man card revoked. They also put a new name plate on my desk with Mrs. on it with my last name.

I just hate the idea that having a family, providing fun for that family, making sure the family has a good time...means you're not a real man. Call me crazy, but it seems to me that these things are MORE manly than other activities that some people feel are manly (which tend to cause men to leave the family and go be alone, which isn't actually what I consider to be manly).

To the point that the humor of the card and the changing of the name plate is completely lost on me and actually comes off condescending and insulting instead.

I agree.

I would be thrilled if my husband would just offer an opinion on something. He always says he just wants to do what we do but it would be so nice if he showed any enthusiasim over anything we plan to do. I don't think that your Disney addiction revokes your man card, I think that it doubles your points on it. Keep it up Dad!

Am I the only man who just before his trip scans every website he can to see all the pictures of WDW, surf all the trip reports here on the DIS, go to Youtube and watch endless videos of the rides?

I am the Dis nut in the house. My wife generally puts up with me.
I'm engaged in a constant fight to keep us on at least a once every 2 year visit rotation...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter