Man Card Revoked!!

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
Ok everyone, I officially have had my "man card" revoked. :rotfl:

Am I the only man who just before his trip scans every website he can to see all the pictures of WDW, surf all the trip reports here on the DIS, go to Youtube and watch endless videos of the rides?

I'm the one who spends all the time on the DIS in our house. I'm the one who books the trips, does all the research, makes out the itineraries, plans out the ADR's, and every other aspect of our trips. Don't get me wrong, my DW and DD are nuts about WDW, but I guess I'm the only one who is what I'd call "fanatic". Perhaps it's because growing up we never had the money to go to WDW? I'm not sure, but I know I'm addicted.

Ladies (and other men who do this), am I normal? My employee's don't get it. They gave me a humorous card (in good taste) that showed a man having his man card revoked. They also put a new name plate on my desk with Mrs. on it with my last name. So much for the third quarter bonus's they were getting. :lmao:

I'm sorry all, my name is Goofy4prez, yes I'm a man who loves WDW, and I'm an unrecoverable addict. Only 9 more days. :banana:

You aren't the only man that I know who does this. However, it doesn't work like that at my house! ;)

I am a dude and I do alot of the planning, watching of youtube clips, getting excited about Disney just the same as you. Don't worry about it. Your man card wasn't revoked, just put on probation!

Ummm, dude, DisDads club...Disney for Families Forum...

You'll fit right in.....you are not alone...:rotfl2:

My DH makes fun of me doing much the same thing, but when we get there he always turns to me and asks, "What are we doing for lunch? What's that construction over there? What ride do we do next?"

So he likes that I "know all things Disney" but he doesn't want to admit it!

No you're not the only one. DW just shows up and says OK where are we going. I try to get input but she just says what ever you want to do is fine.

You are not alone. I do the same thing. Even if I don't have a trip planned. I am on here every day, I watch the Youtube videos and read all I can. I order the planning video every year just becasue. It keeps the kid in me alive.

My husband doesn't plan ANY trip, and he isn't that fond of Disney. Therefore, I usually go to WDW solo, and I have a GREAT time with my friends! :)

It's just DD and I every year so I do ALL the planning. This year I started almost right after last years trip. I design custom t-shirts for us, do all the booking and this year DW thinks I've gone totally insane. Since I discovered this board I did 180 day ADR's, I've set up a spreadsheat for our schedule and joined Touring Plans, not to mention the HOURS of time scouring the board. Right now I'm lobbying DD's BFF's parents to let her miss school for an early Dec trip cuz I want to see the MVMCP and DD wants her friend to go. I don't know how much more insane you can get than to volunteer to take two 11 yo's to WDW by yourself. I've seen the DisDad thread I guess I should join up, I definitely fit the profile. :rotfl:

I'm right there with you. DW is a WDW nut too, though, so she hasn't pulled my card yet. We're also raising a 7 year old nut as well. Getting ready to take her on her 6th trip in her short life, and we live 1000 miles away.

Our friends think we're nuts for going so much, but they just don't get it.;)

I'm right there with you. I find that I feel more manly while watching sports and drinking beer while I surf the DIS and listen to music from the parks. And I'll be down there with you in 9 days.

Another DisDad here to offer support. Don't worry, your Man Card is still valid. In fact, continuing to wave the Disney banner in the face of mocking and ridicule makes you even more manly.:woohoo: Could nearly 500 DisDads be wrong?:confused3

No...you are not alone...and your man card is still valid. I planned for 7 months prior to our last trip. It's been 2 months since our last trip, yet, here I am...I still look at pics of resorts, parks, etc.

Not only are you not the only one, I honestly don't even get why it's a big deal. To the point that the humor of the card and the changing of the name plate is completely lost on me and actually comes off condescending and insulting instead.

Dis Dad's Club...follow the Link in my Sig.

Common over...we've left the seat up for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter