DVC Saratoga - in for the half. Fly in Thursday out Sunday. Ran a sub 2 hr half last Saturday now just to maintain some sense of fitness

Question - pics with characters - can swipe with a magic band?

You won't use your magic band for the pics with characters on the course. There will be a code you enter on My Disney Experience that will include your bib number and event. They will then link your photos based on your bib number.

FYI - they gave TAs and Charity Providers ANOTHER extension to try to move leftover bibs ... everything will close for good on the 18th.

Volunteers will be working on bibs and shirts next week during pre-race weekend volunteer shifts.

FYI - they gave TAs and Charity Providers ANOTHER extension to try to move leftover bibs ... everything will close for good on the 18th.

Volunteers will be working on bibs and shirts next week during pre-race weekend volunteer shifts.
So you'll tell us colors right?

And I assume this means we won't see waivers until after the 18th right?

Unless they move pre-race weekend volunteer shifts to New Orleans (do you know I live here?!), you're seven-out Teez. I'll see if I can find out from friends volunteering though.
What good are you.

And don’t you know how to spell my name? ;)

And I assume this means we won't see waivers until after the 18th right?

I still think we'll see them tomorrow with a caveat of "if registered before 12/10" or something like that. For this year, I didn't get my bib registered until the last available day and they had already put out bib numbers. I imagine it will be something similar to that.

All the placeholders for the links have been up for almost a week in notes and the Tracking website is active, just "not open".

I still think we'll see them tomorrow with a caveat of "if registered before 12/10" or something like that. For this year, I didn't get my bib registered until the last available day and they had already put out bib numbers. I imagine it will be something similar to that.

All the placeholders for the links have been up for almost a week in notes and the Tracking website is active, just "not open".

Nice! Fingers crossed for tomorrow then!

Has this happened in previous years that TA’s have a hard time getting rid of bibs? Do they start to lift their booking requirements (eg Park tickets, hotel stays) to sell them at this point?

Just curious!

Has this happened in previous years that TA’s have a hard time getting rid of bibs? Do they start to lift their booking requirements (eg Park tickets, hotel stays) to sell them at this point?

Just curious!

To different degrees, yes. It's been a lot harder for TA's to move bibs once Disney required the hotel and ticket purchases with bibs. Lots of TAs end up eating the cost for bibs if they can't sell them, so they do whatever they can and Disney will allow them to do to move the bibs.

Lots of TAs end up eating the cost for bibs if they can't sell them

Ouch! I’m pretty sure I’ve heard they can waive the ticket requirements for passholders- are they able to waive hotel room requirements for DVC members? I would think a lot of runDisney fans are frequent flyers who fall into one category if not the other.

Ouch! I’m pretty sure I’ve heard they can waive the ticket requirements for passholders- are they able to waive hotel room requirements for DVC members? I would think a lot of runDisney fans are frequent flyers who fall into one category if not the other.

Some of them definitely can. The TA I used said that if you give them a DVC reservation number, they can waive the hotel requirement. At least at this point - not sure if that was originally the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter