March 2008

I can't believe it is only 3 days.........:lmao: :rotfl: :cool1: I am sooooo busy at work though, I am having a hard time getting everything done and ready! It is hard to enjoy! :scared1: Just wondering???:idea: How many bags are everyone else taking?????:lmao: We are a family of 4 and I have 5 large bags packed along with a stroller!:confused: Is this toooooo much? (going for 8 nights):laughing: We are driving, but I don't want to overpack! (we do have a 21 month old and lots of stuff for her)! :sad2: Should I scale back????:rotfl:

Its just me and I have a large suitcase and a duffle bag and still trying to figure out if everything is going to fit...lol! Dont feel bad!

We went in the beginning of March and flew. We took 3 suitcases along with one carryon with a change of clothes for each of us and a stroller and a backpack full of camera equipment, And a carryon Dora suticase full of activites for DD and a DVD player in a bag.

We did sacle down a bit though this year. I brought less clothes and did laundry and went with smaller suitcases.

Since today is almost over with I consider my countdown to be at 6 days! My aunt and I are playing phone tag about how many days are left and updates on packing or how excited we are. But the most exciting thing is I get to see my godson for the first time since Christmas!

jacksmom and cinderelly

have a magical trip!!

I only have week end left to get ready and we are "on the road again" landing us in Disney on 3/31! woo-hoo (hopefully after a big ol' crowd of people are headed home!)

It's here at last! We are leaving tomorrow morning! We have to get up uber early (before 5 am!) but that's ok...I will be too excited to sleep anyway!

Disney here we come!

Toodles!

There is snow in my overnight and morning forcast:eek: :eek: low 30's tonight!

I am so ready to hit the road!

Monday come on!!! Friday night: 3

Saturday: 2 finish house stuff, :laundy: , and yes, still more shopping for few things

Sunday: 1 Easter Sunday, church, dinner, final review of everyones duds, call family about misc stuff, organize paperwork for trip. pack day bags for kids in car

Monday: 0!!! send DH to work to get him out from under our feet, pack the car, clean the fridge and kitchen, take kids out to early dinner, and once DH does one last OCD check of house :rolleyes: we are off! :yay:

It's almost here!

And since March is almost over, I guess the rest of us will be there very soon!!! :woohoo:

Woohoo!

We had a great time in WDW March 10-14!

We enjoyed AKV Concierge, but didn't make use of it as we would have liked...just too many other things going on during this trip, but that was okay.

DS had a great time with his band friends even though he didn't get enough sleep....lol...and they stayed off property in a hotel that he said was "uh, not the greatest" and he's never staying anywhere less than Disney next trip. He and the 3 guys he roomed with had some bad experiences, but yes, I've raised him right and they did complain appropriately about the issues, which were rectified, but not fully. (Mom is rolling her eyes here and wanted to call and complain, but DS asked me not to "embarass him".) He managed to take some friends to 50s Primetime, Yak & Yeti, and Tutto Italia. He gave all of them good reviews, but Primetime was, well, just Primetime. He said Tutto Italia was better than he remembered the old Alfredo place and the girl he took was impressed. lol He LOVED Yak & Yeti, saying he'd eat there again in a heartbeat. I had made ADRs for him at everything but Y&Y, but he was able to walk in around 5pm with his buddies and get seated right away. Their first day DS texted us and said, "Band Boosters are idiots! We're at Universal!" lol The busses went the wrong way then he called to tell me that as the bus passed the sign "Studios left" the bus kept going straight and the next thing he knew was they were at an "authorized personnel only" gate backstage at Epcot. I laughed because I'd been exactly where they were and knew he was getting to see stuff that very few people get to see. I told him to enjoy the free backstage tour and be kind to the security CM that would surely be boarding their bus any minute. He said it was neat getting to see all of the building from a different perspective and being able to point them out from the backside was a plus to the other kids. lol

Wilderness Backtrail Segway Adventure was awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone! We had such fun tooling around the trails on the ATV type segways between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. We even had a sort of celebrity on the tour...a guy named Nick who is an hones to goodness alligator wrestler. His wife said we could find him online if we searched...think she said Gatorland, but I can't recall.

Keys to the Kingdom Tour was phenomenal! CM Michael was the best! He brought tears to my eyes a couple of times as he shared some personal stories with us about his "sharing the magic". Wow! We learned some great history, trivia, secrets and saw so much that I think I need to take the tour again just to remember it all! It was so much fun having 2 personal tour guides as we rode the Jungle Cruise pointing out details that I never knew exsisted. I highly recommend this tour to anyone but especially those Disney junkies like me.

Food? We ate at Narcoosee's the first night...filet mingon and lobster tail and it was the best lobster I've ever eaten. Of course in landlocked southern Illinois we don't get much opportunity, but it was delish! We tried Spoodles and Restaurant Marakesh, both of with which we were really impressed. Marakesh cast members were the best servers of any restaurant I've ever eaten in at WDW in the 28 years I've been going. We were using the basic dining plan and once home we determined that we saved about $150 based upon what we ate that trip, so a good value. I also had tea at the GF with a friend, paying OOP, which was great! I loved the Mad Hatter blend we chose. DH and I did pay for one table service meal OOP at Le Cellier for lunch, but we love that place so it was worth the additional expense.

Magical Express? It went very smooth this trip. We opted to carry our bags to the bus upon arrival and departure, which is our personal preference. I just like knowing that my bags are with me the whole time. There's nothing like being on a trip with just one change of clothes for a week. I always pray the airline doesn't screw up and when I can control it, I don't take the chance. It's a real pain trying to buy clothes in a rush. From check in time at the counter, it only took less than 10 minutes to get on the bus and about 20 minutes to get rolling. The bus was pretty full as we stopped at Pop and CSR before AKV.

Pirate and Princess Party? It was fun, but not as fun as MVMCP to me. It was well worth the cost to be able to walk on every ride that we went on that night. The longest wait was for Monsters Inc. only because we just stepped inside after the previous show started inside the theater. DH was "that guy". lol

The highlight came as DH and I sat atop the train station in Town Square and saw DS's band round the hub and march onto Main Street. They were stopped halfway down and performed the entire routine. As they rounded into Town Square I got a little misty eyed thinking "yeah, dreams do come true". They sounded great and looked great! I have to give the kids a hand for marching in the Florida 75 degree weather with about 90% humidity in those darn wook uniforms, but not one kid complained. They had a great time!

The trip ended too soon on Friday as the kids boarded the busses heading to Illinois and DH and I boarded a plane home.

We leave at 2am! I cant believe the trip is finally here and I have been counting down for sooo long! Hope we make it to and from safely! Talk to everyone when I get back!:dance3:

Wed. night and we're in the final packing stage, we're out the door by 5:30am Thurs. and should be at the front desk checking in by 1pm.:banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We're back! I was VERY sorry to say goodbye to the Florida sun and the Disney happiness yesterday.

Do I post about our trip here...or is there another thread to do that?

We had a great, great, great time by the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter