March 2008

EEEK!!!!

My "to do" list of things that need to be taken care of before the trip keeps growing!!! Now, I've gotta take the car in and check the alignment! I hit a pot hole the size of Texas last night and now it's drifting to the right...ugh! Also need to get the mail and newspaper stopped, instructions to the friends who are watching the house for us and God love them, they are gonna put new storm doors on our front and back doors for us and put up the new mailbox while we are gone. DH bought the mailbox 2 years ago, but never seems to find the time. I need to go to my dad's house and check on the new dog. Long story, but let's just say that he loves his grandson a bunch because the grandson (DS) convinced him to take the neighbor's dog that they were getting rid of and she's been with my dad since Sunday. She's a sweetie, Lucy, a 15 month old beagle who (bless her heart) had not been loved enough to ever be trained and was banished the kennel with only about 20 hours a week outside the thing. Dad let her into his sun room before the first 24 hours were up and was chucking about how she tore up the old tshirts he'd put in the pet taxi for her and did her business on a rug hidden by the hot tub. (I love my dad!)

DS is getting excited about the band trip even though their stupid trip cooridinator deemed it too expensive to stay on property. (It's a sore subject in this family!) And now he has to be at the school by 5am on Monday so they have plenty of time to search each bag the kids bring. I'm really grateful now the wise young man I'm raising told me I didn't have to be a chaperone. For that, I'll put extra money on his travel card. He's gonna need it. He's cracked me up with his requests for ADRs...he's taking 2 different girls to lunch. He's taking 1 to 50's Primetime and the other to Le Cellier.

Now, I'm trying to figure out which tiara to wear for the Pirate and Princess party on Tuesday...Ariel tiara or just a plain one I got at the dollar store. The decisions a princess has to make...I tell ya...lol DH is going to buy the Jack Sparrow hat with the braids this trip and plans to wear it for the party and then one day when he's giving a test at school.

Okay, now I need to get creative and make some "nice" birthday posters for my BIL, who turns 60 right after we get back from WDW. I need to spray paint the flowers I bought black, make a memorial wreath for the "passing of his youth", a reserved parking sign for "really old farts only", a tombstone for yard, and anything else that I can come up with before we leave. Need to think of some good gift ideas for the "really old fart". lol I do love my BIL, he's been with my sister since I was a baby and married her before I turned 3, so he's always been in my life like a big brother.

To everyone already there or heading there soon...have a wonderful time with the big cheese! Save me a place to watch the afternoon parade on Thursday in MK at the train station at town square and I'll be a happy band parent watching DS coming down Main Street!!!

Hello from Wilderness Lodge. WOW the crowds are awesome. We walked on most of the rides at EPCOT this morning and this afternoon at HS. Hope the crowds are this good for all of you too! :yay:

Hello from Wilderness Lodge. WOW the crowds are awesome. We walked on most of the rides at EPCOT this morning and this afternoon at HS. Hope the crowds are this good for all of you too! :yay:

I hope so too, but rumor has it Disney is expecting record high number of guest for the week before Easter. :scared1:

Have a great time! :thumbsup2

T-7! :banana:

:cool1: Doing the single digit dance here! We're leaving next Saturday to stay at POFQ! I'm so happy that the time change is this weekend! It's going to be darker later, we're going to have St. Patrick's Day and Easter down in FL! Yeah! I can't wait!!:yay:

I" hope so too, but rumor has it Disney is expecting record high number of guest for the week before Easter."

I figured it would be crowded when the times came out for how late the parks were open until. The day we get there I think MK is open until 3 am. I'm in college and its my spring break, DD's spring break is in the middle of April. I figured either way we'd be in the middle of a lot of crowds. But that's ok. For me, it's not Disney if you just get to walk on rides. lol Hey, growing-up there was no fast pass or anything. I still point out to DD when she complains of a "long" line of all the unused space that I've seen used to hold long lines pre fast-pass spring breaks.

Also heading off next saturday, for a nice spring break with the GF. Have not been to Disney in almost 12 years, so it will be a treat. Also forcasts are looking perfect, low to mid 80's. So much better then the 20's and 30's and rain thats been up here in the New England.

Long lines and crowds, just adds to the fun time.

I hope so too, but rumor has it Disney is expecting record high number of guest for the week before Easter. :scared1:

Oh my I really hope not... but we'll just take what we get i guess! LOL We'll be leaving before Easter weekend, but we'll be there up unitl Thrusday before... we'll just be making due with whatever we're handed! :cool2:

Also heading off next saturday, for a nice spring break with the GF. Have not been to Disney in almost 12 years, so it will be a treat. Also forcasts are looking perfect, low to mid 80's. So much better then the 20's and 30's and rain thats been up here in the New England.

Long lines and crowds, just adds to the fun time.

Same here. We're leaving next Saturday, staying at the ASMo. It will be just a couple of weekends shy of being our 10-year anniversary trip and the last time we were in Disney. We were at SeaWorld last year in mid-July and it was miserably hot. I'll take the crowds over the heat any day.

Count'em down...

Have a great trip for the folks who are leaving very soon!
I hit the "teens" today on my coutdown! 19 days and I am jumping up and down!:banana:

Have a great trip for the folks who are leaving very soon!
I hit the "teens" today on my coutdown! 19 days and I am jumping up and down!:banana:

Into the teens! :cheer2: Woo Hoo! :woohoo: It won't be long now!! I gotta wait 1 more day until I hit the teens.

Remember your rain gear! We've had great wait times and torrential rain two evenings. Not enough to dampen our great time. :goodvibes Our Pirate and Princess party was drowned out......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter