Mask mandates being lifted in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking with one of my sisters this afternoon and she told me she read where Dr. Fauci is highly suggesting to wear our masks into 2022 but I don't have a news source to quote....sorry; just my sister.
It's out there. I read it earlier today. Fauci has been all over the place for a year. He says whatever sounds good at the moment. He should know better.

For those that feel like they can't breathe/are terribly uncomfortable in masks, they should be evaluated by a physician. This is not normal, but some people do have mask-related anxiety which can cause these feelings. It's important to sort out what is wrong - whether the issue is physical or mental. The anxiety can be overcome by a number of breathing and visualization exercises. If the problem is physical, such a lung problem, this probably would make you a candidate for severe Covid disease and possibly long-term effects, so it is more important that you find a mask that actually works for you or somehow otherwise reduce your risk as much as possible.

I wear my mask everywhere since I live in NJ and it is required everywhere but I hate it. It has nothing to do with anxiety but with it being uncomfortable to ME. I also choose to wear contacts over glasses because I hate things on my face. I wear sunglasses very sparingly. I have to basically not be able to see from the sunlight before I’ll wear them. I also don’t wear bracelets or a Fitbit or Apple Watch because I don't like things around my wrists. It doesn’t mean I have a mental health condition.

Also just because someone says they dislike masks doesn’t mean they don’t wear them and expose everyone. I think people are misunderstanding that and assuming they go together. That’s not the case.

I wear my mask everywhere since I live in NJ and it is required everywhere but I hate it. It has nothing to do with anxiety but with it being uncomfortable to ME. I also choose to wear contacts over glasses because I hate things on my face. I wear sunglasses very sparingly. I have to basically not be able to see from the sunlight before I’ll wear them. I also don’t wear bracelets or a Fitbit or Apple Watch because I don't like things around my wrists. It doesn’t mean I have a mental health condition.

Also just because someone says they dislike masks doesn’t mean they don’t wear them and expose everyone. I think people are misunderstanding that and assuming they go together. That’s not the case.

Nobody likes wearing a mask. What you are describing is normal, and it is nothing like what some of these other people are describing (claiming headaches, faint, coughing, etc.)

On the way home from TN & mask compliance there was awful. Businesses say masks are required, but ppl don’t wear them or they wear them wrong. Also, not a lot of 6 ft distancing. I have been vaccinated & wore a mask so it didn’t bother me, but I was shocked.

I'll tell you, I never thought this would be an issue for me but seeing how some "states" behave (i.e., majority of their citizens) has made me really rethink my whole retirement plan and where I'm going to live.

Nobody likes wearing a mask. What you are describing is normal, and it is nothing like what some of these other people are describing (claiming headaches, faint, coughing, etc.)

Some of the masks give me a headache. We get the surgical masks at work and some are tighter than others, from the same box. They give me a headache. I’m not the only one who says that at work. We wear them 8 hours a day (work at a hospital). Actually anything on my face for long periods of times give me a headache which is why I don’t wear glasses. I also feel that they make me cough more at times. But I don’t have anxiety over masks. Why can’t some people just have different reactions to wearing a mask without being made out to be crazy? Not everyone is the same.

And I swear these masks are jacking up my skin. I have always had clear skin and now in my chin and upper neck area I’ve been having breakouts. It can’t just be a coincidence.
I started getting a little bit of maskne (the new IT term) around my jawline as winter set in. I think the drier air combined with forced heat did me in with the mask. I do moisturize my face but it's doing only so much. You know it's a common enough issue when companies start making products just for maskne lol of which there are plenty out there that now have those products or offer products they advertise that help with that even if it's not labeled a "maskne" only product.

Claiming? I'm really happy you have no issues that make masking uncomfortable. I.e. allergies, sinus congestion, asthma, migraines, etc. (not to mention maskne). Climate makes a difference too.

Masks are fine. I wear one all day, even when I'm working around the farm all day as I am in contact with other people. Not fun, but making it work.

It's my dry, cracked, painful hands from the constant washing and hand sanitizer that are driving me insane. My hands feel like sandpaper. For real, I could pick up a towel without use my fingers...like just velcroed to my palm.

Masks are fine. I wear one all day, even when I'm working around the farm all day as I am in contact with other people. Not fun, but making it work.

It's my dry, cracked, painful hands from the constant washing and hand sanitizer that are driving me insane. My hands feel like sandpaper. For real, I could pick up a towel without use my fingers...like just velcroed to my palm.

I have always washed my hands a lot because I pee like 394748 times a day. I keep lotion at my desk, in my purse and on my nightstand. I constantly put it on after washing my hands but even then I have dry spots. And public bathroom soap is the worst, even the soap at work. I don’t use hand sanitizer but I know that makes it worse.

Dry, cracked hands are miserable. I'm the same way about my feet. Have you tried aloe plus a good moisturizing lotion. I wear gloves to protect my hands at the barn....always have. I think it helps.

Claiming? I'm really happy you have no issues that make masking uncomfortable. I.e. allergies, sinus congestion, asthma, migraines, etc. (not to mention maskne). Climate makes a difference too.

ha ha as if you know my health history. If someone doesn't have mask anxiety or legitimate physical medical reasons they can't wear a mask, then yeah, I'm saying they are just being dramatic.

Dry, cracked hands are miserable. I'm the same way about my feet. Have you tried aloe plus a good moisturizing lotion. I wear gloves to protect my hands at the barn....always have. I think it helps.

I wear gloves all the time...and have started wearing surgical gloves when not wearing my winter gloves.

ha ha as if you know my health history. If someone doesn't have mask anxiety or legitimate physical medical reasons they can't wear a mask, then yeah, I'm saying they are just being dramatic.
I never claimed to know your health history. What do you consider a legit reason? Some of us have complained of distress and/or discomfort but still mask where necessary. Although it's much easier in a climate controlled environment.

Yep, for a while there my skin was so messed up that my iPad actually stopped recognizing my thumbprint!

Now I have various hand creams scattered all over the house, and I especially make sure to put some on when I'm walking on the treadmill in the evening - because that's when I'm sure I won't have to use my hands for a while.

This brand was a surprise find (at the hardware store, of all places) that turned out to be really good:

For those that feel like they can't breathe/are terribly uncomfortable in masks, they should be evaluated by a physician. This is not normal, but some people do have mask-related anxiety which can cause these feelings. It's important to sort out what is wrong - whether the issue is physical or mental. The anxiety can be overcome by a number of breathing and visualization exercises. If the problem is physical, such a lung problem, this probably would make you a candidate for severe Covid disease and possibly long-term effects, so it is more important that you find a mask that actually works for you or somehow otherwise reduce your risk as much as possible.
Have you ever thought that people feel they can't breathe because of oxygen levels and elevated CO2 levels?

Here is the oxygen levels inside the mask of my coworker today....

IMG_20210224_100832500_HDR%20%281%29.jpg

Mask mandates in Iowa and Montana have been lifted, and my friend's gym in IL has removed their mandate as well. I'm noticing way fewer people wearing them where I live, in NJ....
....do you live in the southern part of N. J.? I live in Bergen County and I tell you, that is NOT the case around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter