Masks?

I've been making masks for hubby, myself, our girls and a few friends. I've gone from the pleated style, including one with hubby's company logo on them and this cute one for a friend's lil guy
20200519_131630.jpg20200603_154033.jpg
then I noticed I was getting a tad hot waiting in lines now that summer is trying to make an appearance so I switched to the fitted style that's not so close to my nose and mouth
20200531_181036.jpg
I felt badly that our girls won't be able to go to any Pride events this year but figured they could still celebrate whenever they go shopping so I whipped up these
20200603_182049.jpg20200603_182115.jpg
and when I was at len's mill picking out the rainbow fabric i stumbled across this stuff and made one for my best friend (dumbo freak) and my older sister (all around Disney freak) one side
20200604_133233.jpg

and the other side
20200604_133253.jpg

I’ve recently made the switch to wearing the disposable masks, just more tolerable in the heat and humidity. Most people I see are wearing this type, not the reuseable ones. They are starting to sell them at local stores instead of only online so that may be part of the reason.

They are starting to sell them at local stores
Can you let us know where you are getting them? Can't find disposable masks in rural eastern Ontario at all. Most small business trying to re-open can't get any PPE at all online including amazon.ca. In fact, amazon.ca has 'reserved' most PPE for front line health organizations so no latex gloves, etc to order. Can't tell from amazon if this means Ontario or US health.

Hello neighbours! If anyone is still looking for cloth masks, I spotted some for sale on Old Navy's website the other day. They were on a back-order to the end of June, which isn't ideal, but I could not find them anywhere else. We have several clothing manufacturers who are making them locally, but they're still only donating them to front-line workers, not available for the general public to purchase. They have kid's sizes too, and the prices were pretty good ($30CAD for 10 masks).

@Silvermist999 I agree! I think I am going to actually just start using the disposables. They are much more comfortable. I was thinking of buying one of those travel packages of baby wipes and use the container to keep some in there in my glove box.

Can you let us know where you are getting them? Can't find disposable masks in rural eastern Ontario at all. Most small business trying to re-open can't get any PPE at all online including amazon.ca. In fact, amazon.ca has 'reserved' most PPE for front line health organizations so no latex gloves, etc to order. Can't tell from amazon if this means Ontario or US health.

I saw them in Canadian Tire last week. They had bins full right inside the doors, in that section of random stuff in the middle.

My mom is in Winnipeg. She said her Walmart had some throwaway masks , but 1 box per person. I don't know if they had that many, but the fact that they had any is encouraging.

Our Walmart had some cloth masks as well, on the end of one of the sections in with all the belts/scarves/sunglasses. Adults and kids sizes but not a lot of variety in patterns, a two pack was only $6. They also had the plastic ear savers, a four pack for about $5.

I got a 50 pack box from Hasty Market (convenience store) and also some 20 packs from Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire also had lots of different hand sanitizer (not Purell or One Step, but the brands are listed on the gov’t approved list). I heard some Walmarts are starting to carry the masks too, I will look for them next time I’m there.

Staples had them 50/30$ I think. 2 boxes per person max. I considered buying some for the lab but finally I found a medical supplier for procedure masks that are more suitable for lab work (filters up to 0.1micron). I will continue using my re-usable masks but my technician prefers the disposable one for some procedures.

Canadian Tire had a ton of both disposable and reusable yesterday . We bought boxes of masks 50 for 39.99) and gloves ( 9.99 /100) at Costco last week
Was really disappointed to see Shoppers selling N95s at 6.99 each because unless you are fit tested a N95 is same as every other mask out there .. sigh

If looking for online, Starkmans is a health supply store in Toronto, https://starkmans.com/high-demand-products.html . They have masks. I have ordered things from them before and been satisfied (which is how I know about them). I have ordered some masks but haven't received them yet so not sure how long they will take to deliver.

Well.ca ( https://well.ca/index.html ) which is now owned by Rexall also has masks.

As does Costco.ca: https://www.costco.ca/disposable-3-layer-face-mask,-50-pack.product.100662546.html

SW

I'm going to drop this link in several threads to make sure that anyone who's affected by this is fully aware. We've only been given 48 hours to comply with mandatory mask wearing in any establishment in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Ontario health unit - very large area suddenly all of my family and friends have popped up begging for masks

https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/news...er-section-22-health-protection-and-promotiom
and an article from our local paper

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...g6pqnc2kuxncjgcbk3n_9as#.XuDwR5Pxf5Q.facebook

I'm going to drop this link in several threads to make sure that anyone who's affected by this is fully aware. We've only been given 48 hours to comply with mandatory mask wearing in any establishment in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Ontario health unit - very large area suddenly all of my family and friends have popped up begging for masks

https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/news...er-section-22-health-protection-and-promotiom
and an article from our local paper

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...g6pqnc2kuxncjgcbk3n_9as#.XuDwR5Pxf5Q.facebook

yikes, sounds like a really quick and unexpected decision.

also, i would really like to introduce whoever makes these policies to a 2 year old... mine isn’t going anywhere these days anyways, but these requirements mean no way can he be out in the world. thank goodness we have a backyard and a car.

I ordered a box of 50 disposable masks from Amazon on Sunday and they were delivered yesterday. There were a lot to choose from so I think Amazon is starting to get stock in as well. They were about $34 for 50, packaged in bags of 10. They are definitely less heavy and hot than fabric masks, but the nose wire on these particular ones is terrible, which could be a factor if you wore glasses.

Got an email from Rexall - they are now carrying face masks and hand sanitizers in store. Would be curious about their pricing and quality compared to other retailers.

Hello neighbours! If anyone is still looking for cloth masks, I spotted some for sale on Old Navy's website the other day. They were on a back-order to the end of June, which isn't ideal, but I could not find them anywhere else. We have several clothing manufacturers who are making them locally, but they're still only donating them to front-line workers, not available for the general public to purchase. They have kid's sizes too, and the prices were pretty good ($30CAD for 10 masks).
Thanks for posting. Wouldn't have thought of Old Navy for masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter