Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Welcome home guys!!

I've loved reading your trip report, and Matt's blog. :thumbsup2 :surfweb:

I can't believe it's over so quickly... :sad2:

Welcome home x thanks for the trip reports - my owooos and ahhhs as looked at your food pictures had colleagues thinking I was ready 50 Shades of Grey..... Not a Disney forum!

Thursday 9th
AK for opening, straight to Everest but line was already out the door, picked up fast passes which gave us just enough time to get round to Dinosaur, do Chester & Hester (all walk on) a couple of times then back to use fastpasses, rode again as single riders with no wait.
Eventually got to try Elephant cupcake at Tusker house, would never pay $3.99+tax for it so had to get one while on DDP.
After Nemo show we went out, Pepper Market for lunch, All you can eat Mexican buffet, including endless hot churros:cloud9:. They also do buffet breakfast & dinner for a counter service credit.

Evening meal was at Chef Mickey's. We don't do many buffets these days, much prefer a proper TS meal but this is second year I have enjoyed CM's, I think other character meals always seem rushed and poor food, at CM I enjoy the food and charaters come around at least twice (maybe we just take too long eating) I have never felt rushed here.

DSC02439Medium.jpg

DSC02443Medium.jpg

DSC02468Medium.jpg

DSC02464Medium.jpg
DSC02466Medium.jpg

DSC02476Medium.jpg

DSC02478Medium.jpg

DSC02518Medium.jpg

No comments on this pic, its a family forum:rotfl:
IMG_5374Medium.jpg

IMG_5379Medium.jpg

IMG_5384Medium.jpg

Friday 10th, last full day.

Magic Kingdom as Lucy, Paul & Lily's tickets expired yesterday we went in to do things Lily wouldn't enjoy, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, watching Dapper Dans, playing the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game(we defeted Cruella de vil:thumbsup2) etc.

DSC02525Medium.jpg

DSC02534Medium.jpg

DSC02546Medium.jpg

DSC02559Medium.jpg

DSC02588Medium.jpg

DSC02589Medium.jpg

DSC02593Medium.jpg

DSC02521Medium.jpg

After pool time we got ready for our final evening, Hoop Dee Doo, 3rd year in a row with Mart(burt) Nigel(DISwolves) & families.:goodvibes

The show
DSC02674Medium.jpg

DSC02680Medium.jpg

IMG_5400Medium.jpg

IMG_5410Medium.jpg

IMG_5424Medium.jpg

The food
IMG_5402Medium.jpg

IMG_5403Medium.jpg

IMG_5405Medium.jpg

IMG_5425Medium.jpg

My kind of meal, unlimited chicken and ribs.:cloud9:
P1020251Medium.jpg

Not sure if lily had been given cider instead of apple juice.
IMG_5442Medium.jpg

IMG_5448Medium.jpg

Something was funny on the bus journey home, wasn't Nigel falling off the bus this year. Lily decided to sing the whole journey, all the bus joined in including the bus driver, he seemed to particularly like Wheels on the bus, beeping his horn, using wipers, flashing lights all at the right time in the song, although he did take us straight back to Millers rd double quick so maybe he had enough after about 8 very loud songs.

P1020273Medium.jpg

Back at OKW a group pic
DSC02695Medium.jpg

Lily saying goodbye to Abi. After this Lily was in tears saying she didn't want to go home.
IMG_5459Medium.jpg

Could a day get much better? Magic Kingdom then Hoop with good friends. Perfect day to end a another great holiday.

Thank you to everyone for reading and posting. I am sure I missed some questions thru the thread I was so busy, please post again if I didn't reply. I know many don't get time to do a live report but for me it really adds to the enjoyment.
I will add a few photo pass pics when the discs arrive next month.

What a fantastic holiday! I've enjoyed reading both your's and Matthew's trippies. Certainly makes me want to go back and do it all again.

Hi Wayne

Catching up on your reports - really enjoyed them.

Can I just ask what cat you booked for the Hoop Dee Doo? We are doing it for the first time this trip and the only ones available were 1 or 3, so I chose 3.

Hi Wayne

Catching up on your reports - really enjoyed them.

Can I just ask what cat you booked for the Hoop Dee Doo? We are doing it for the first time this trip and the only ones available were 1 or 3, so I chose 3.

We used Dining plan so had to take Cat 2 (probably the reason you could only get Cat 1 or 3, Cat 2 gets booked up early)
Cat 1 is the best but most expensive, you get lower floor, front. cat 3 is upper floor to left or right of stage.
I have only ever done Cat 2 (5 times) but wouldn't hessitate sitting in the cat 3 seats, there isn't a bad seat in the house.
Seating plan and more detail here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=36

Glad to see that you had a wonderful trip! How many times have you been now?!?

Based in this trip, what would be your 3 recommendations of things to do/places to eat etc.?

It almost makes me want to do Disney again...until I see the ticket prices :lmao:

We used Dining plan so had to take Cat 2 (probably the reason you could only get Cat 1 or 3, Cat 2 gets booked up early)
Cat 1 is the best but most expensive, you get lower floor, front. cat 3 is upper floor to left or right of stage.
I have only ever done Cat 2 (5 times) but wouldn't hessitate sitting in the cat 3 seats, there isn't a bad seat in the house.
Seating plan and more detail here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=36

Yeah, we are paying OOP, and left it rather late to make our minds up! We're also doing spirit of Aloha and used some of our DDP credits for that one.

We should be ok with cat 3 then.

Thanks

Yeah, we are paying OOP, and left it rather late to make our minds up! We're also doing spirit of Aloha and used some of our DDP credits for that one.

We should be ok with cat 3 then.

Thanks

Plus there is always a chance of being upgraded, on Friday night there were 4 empty tables up in Cat 3, maybe they were originally booked and were upgraded on the night.

just spent the morning catching up, what a great trip you had :goodvibes

Enjoyed all your updates - what a fabulous way to end the trip. We are trying hoop de doo on our last night this time and looking forward to it.

Great TR Wayne. Can't believe you're home though - it seems to have flown by! :)

Just finished reading, sounds like you had an amazing trip. Good luck to Matt with his results:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter