Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Fab TR - been such fun to read along :goodvibes

Looks like you had a great night at Hoop Dee Doo :thumbsup2

Plus there is always a chance of being upgraded, on Friday night there were 4 empty tables up in Cat 3, maybe they were originally booked and were upgraded on the night.

Would be nice if that happened, but knowing our luck we would be downgraded if that was possible!

No comments on this pic, its a family forum:rotfl:
IMG_5374Medium.jpg

I burst into laughter so loudly the cat jumped off the sofa:rotfl:

Have enjoyed your trippy. :thumbsup2

Great Trip Report and I subscribed to Matt's blog too. BTW we are nervously awaiting results on Thursday too for DD2 :(

Thanks for taking the time to post all this - and all the food pics... have enjoyed reading it - a nice prelude to our (all too short) week in Oct/Nov. :thumbsup2

Glad to see that you had a wonderful trip! How many times have you been now?!?

Based in this trip, what would be your 3 recommendations of things to do/places to eat etc.?

It almost makes me want to do Disney again...until I see the ticket prices :lmao:

This was our 28th visit, Nov will be 29th and Easter 30th.

Cheescake factory still tops my list, Manny's was excellent this time, as was Mimi's & Logans Roadhouse.
Beyond that its all onsite, we only did 3 nights offsite.
Outstanding service at Grand Floridian Cafe again, 4th time there and wouldn't hesitate to go back again.
Sanaa great meal and service.
Rose and Crown suprised me, really enjoyed the meal and Ryan proabaly the best server in almost 100 TS meals I have eaten onsite. Saw him a few nights later while eating Fish & chips CS, came over for another chat, Good luck to him, he is hoping to work on DCL.
Raglan Rd just for the bread & butter pud:cloud9:
All these are great on DDP but don't know if I will pay OOP again, prices have risen too much onsite for me. Might consider with AP discounts I will have to look for our next trip but I think it will be mainly offsite dining.

This was our 28th visit, Nov will be 29th and Easter 30th.

Cheescake factory still tops my list, Manny's was excellent this time, as was Mimi's & Logans Roadhouse.
Beyond that its all onsite, we only did 3 nights offsite.
Outstanding service at Grand Floridian Cafe again, 4th time there and wouldn't hesitate to go back again.
Sanaa great meal and service.
Rose and Crown suprised me, really enjoyed the meal and Ryan proabaly the best server in almost 100 TS meals I have eaten onsite. Saw him a few nights later while eating Fish & chips CS, came over for another chat, Good luck to him, he is hoping to work on DCL.
Raglan Rd just for the bread & butter pud:cloud9:
All these are great on DDP but don't know if I will pay OOP again, prices have risen too much onsite for me. Might consider with AP discounts I will have to look for our next trip but I think it will be mainly offsite dining.

Thanks for that. We don't eat onside (actually we don't do Disney) so will "miss out" (the dining experiences I've had at Disney have been decidedly average). We are definitely off-site people.

(the dining experiences I've had at Disney have been decidedly average). We are definitely off-site people.

This trip we had everything form outstanding service to poor. Most our meals were as a party of 6 so auto 18% tip, I really don't like that at all, I have no problem leaving 18% (other places that didn't add it I gave more) the problem is the servers can look at it 2 ways, they will get 18% whatever their service is like (its too much hassle for most to complain and remove) or they are happy they are going to get at least 18% so give good service.
If they are busy then I am sure the larger parties suffer, they need to look after smaller parties first to be sure of their tip.
I am looking forward to offsite dining again in Nov.

i've been getting DD's restaurant reviews sort of on the fly..
i know that they adored Rose and Crown - said it was fantastic from start to finish!!
they ate at yak & yeti yesterday and said the food was out of this world (i didn't have a chance to ask about the service)..

they ate at Tony's Town Tavern in the magic kingdom for the first time...
DD said there was very little choice for vegetarians, but that what she ordered was really yummy...she said for a MK restaurant it wasn't bad, considering there's not much choice there (we had a really bad meal at CP last year, so that's off the list for now)..

she said the food at teppan edo was very good, but not much of it so they were hungry when they came out...

i know she ate at sci fi, 50's and WCC, but we didn't talk about it, so i don't know how they were...

she's trying to get a reservation at chef mickey's (i didn't want to book that one in advance since it requires a credit card hold).....it will be interesting to see if she can get it..

they have 14 TS meals, so there are other restaurants as well....i'll get the full report when she gets back next week..

by the way, her husband has been sick for the past few days so they finally called the visiting doctor service. She said the doctor was outstanding and the whole service was really excellent.
He needed medicine, which the service will get for them and deliver to the hotel. Not bad!!

Good luck to Matt for his exam results tomorrow! :banana::banana::banana:

Wayne, still coming back down to earth with a bump being back, lovely to meet you Karen and Matt, we had a really nice evening with everyone.

Just wanted to say thinking of Matt this morning. I know its an anxious time for you all until the results actually come in.

Brilliant news that Matt has his place :thumbsup2

I've come online just to check up :)

You must have posted whilst I was writing.

Congrats to Matt at least you know he got the grades you just don't know exactly what they are.

Well done Matt:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Great news Wayne!! Well done Matt.
Funny how these days you can find out if you got into uni before the a level results are even out!!

:goodvibes

Well done Matt :banana::banana:

I've been lying in my bed checking my phone since 7.30 waiting on an update since I read your "awake at 3.00 am" post.

Wayne, still coming back down to earth with a bump being back, lovely to meet you Karen and Matt, we had a really nice evening with everyone.

Just wanted to say thinking of Matt this morning. I know its an anxious time for you all until the results actually come in.
Welcome home, I was worried this years meet with so few on the list so glad it turned out OK, we really enjoyed the evening.

Brilliant news that Matt has his place :thumbsup2

I've come online just to check up :)
I have just read his message to you, he is looking forward to tea & biscuits in Lancaster with you.

Great news Wayne!! Well done Matt.
Funny how these days you can find out if you got into uni before the a level results are even out!!

:goodvibes
All too confusing for me this system. Hope your school has done well.
Well done Matt :banana::banana:

I've been lying in my bed checking my phone since 7.30 waiting on an update since I read your "awake at 3.00 am" post.

I still have to catch up with his blog. Haven't read it since about day 19 of the holiday. Too much going on.

glad you had a safe trip hope,and you had a great time,was nice to meet you round the pool at OKW
agree completly about the DDP,we paid for 3 nights while at BLT.Meals were nice but for same price including tips could have eaten 2 nights of site with starter and dessert (was better when realy free in the old days)
Food highlights for us were the wave,free blooming onion at outback(still dont know who ryan newman is? but mentioning his name got us the free onion),Ruby tuesdays,pizza at pool from papa johns
Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter