May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona airport was the worst experience I have ever had! I will never fly anywhere that I have to use this airport again.

I am so glad I am not the only one!

I am more disappointed in Disney then anything there. They were no where to be found. It was horrible!

That is why I am looking forward to flying into FL and being done in LA.

At Kim's request (Kimerinc) she wanted me to let you guys know that she is not ignoring everyone - their family too is going through some health issues that are keeping her very occupied.

Please keep Kim, Steve, and Savannah in your thoughts and prayers as well as our friends in the UK.

:grouphug:

Will do John. Love and hugs to Kim and family. :hug: I will be thinking and praying for these, our new friends!!!

Do you think it will be there in December???? I have a secret wish that I'm going to attempt with a jet ski while I'm there...:thumbsup2

She's going to let me know the particulars when they come down the pipe. She's pretty close to the top, so I usually hear things pretty early.

Unfortunately we decided to cancel our reservation for this cruise. So for those of you looking, a category 6 just opened up!

I notified my 1st Day Gift group which included AuntyBrat so I also hope she'll also remove me from the list on the 1st posting. And I sent an Email to the keeper of the Ship of Thieves website and a note to the Ship of Thieves discussion board. Is there anyone else I need to notify? I didn't sign up for anything else like Palo brunches, etc.

Thanks and I hope you all have a great time on this cruise. You're a wonderful group of people!

I'm so sorry!! It would have been so lovely to meet you. I do understand how circumstances etc change though.

Barcelona airport was the worst experience I have ever had! I will never fly anywhere that I have to use this airport again.

what happened here?

We flew into Barcelona from Orly (paris) last summer and then out to Heathrow and had a great experience at the Barcelona airport to end our great weekend in Barcelona...I'm curious what happened to you guys? :confused3

Just checking in as about 40 pages behind. Graduation went well but now trying to get Samantha moved back home...back to reading a bit but probably won't post too much for awhile.

:surfweb:

Ok, so we are booked for this trip! YEAH! :banana:

Our last cruise was so fun and we are looking forward to getting to know all of you and to meet you next year!

what happened here?

We flew into Barcelona from Orly (paris) last summer and then out to Heathrow and had a great experience at the Barcelona airport to end our great weekend in Barcelona...I'm curious what happened to you guys? :confused3

First - the cab lets you off at one end of the airport and you have to drag your luggage to the other end. No porters anywhere and we had been gone 3 weeks and a 5yo is not much help.
Second - the Delta line was over an hour long.
Thirdand most important - when we finally made it through the line(no air condition) the agent told us we were not on the flight. I had confirmations and seats and all. She said we would have to go and buy tickets. I sent my dd because i was not lugging luggage across the airport agin and then standing in line again. I then called Delta in Atl and talked to them. There was no problem with our tickets. The agent refused to give me her name and refused to call the suppervisor and kept telling me to go to the end of the line, which I refused to do. They called head of security and another security person to the desk who told me to go to the end of the line. I refused. I was still on the phone with the lady fron Delta headquarters who could not believe what was going on. Still could not get supervisor or agents name even though I knew it was breach of contract not to give it to me. They would not page my dd so I could tell her not to buy more tickets. 45 minutes later my dd came back with new tickets, and guess what they found - our reservations! I guess I raised enough h... that another agent finally called the supervisor who told me to get the agent name. I now have a phone at both ears since Atl said not to hang up until we had boarding passes in hand. Once again the agent refused to give me her name so the other agent told the supervisor the name who then gave it to me. I will do all I can to make sure that agent will not be working for Delta! An hour later when we finally got to the gate we met others that had the same problem. 2 couples had missed their flight 2 days running. Never in all my travels have I had such a bad experience. We now have to sent the other tickets back and get a refund. And I am sure that my phone bill is going to be outrageous!

At Kim's request (Kimerinc) she wanted me to let you guys know that she is not ignoring everyone - their family too is going through some health issues that are keeping her very occupied.

Please keep Kim, Steve, and Savannah in your thoughts and prayers as well as our friends in the UK.

Hope everyone will be fine. They'll be added to my prayers too!

Unfortunately we decided to cancel our reservation for this cruise. So for those of you looking, a category 6 just opened up!

I notified my 1st Day Gift group which included AuntyBrat so I also hope she'll also remove me from the list on the 1st posting. And I sent an Email to the keeper of the Ship of Thieves website and a note to the Ship of Thieves discussion board. Is there anyone else I need to notify? I didn't sign up for anything else like Palo brunches, etc.

Thanks and I hope you all have a great time on this cruise. You're a wonderful group of people!

So sorry we won't get to meet you on this cruise, perhaps in the future!

1ST DAY GIFT GROUP....I think TIggersPal will be looking to join a gift group, as we talked about it this weekend.

Just checking in as about 40 pages behind. Graduation went well but now trying to get Samantha moved back home...back to reading a bit but probably won't post too much for awhile.

Stop by when you can...we'll keep your seat warm.

Our last cruise was so fun and we are looking forward to getting to know all of you and to meet you next year!

WELCOME! Which end of the state are you? We just did a Disneyland DIS meet and are talking about one for Northern California (adult wine country) too!

TiggersPal and I are finally getting our December "Surf n Turf" stuff organized. We are renting DVC and are waitlisted for a 2 bedroom..any resort. THis morning I booked our back up reservation at French Quarter. Now we just have to wait on stupid Southwest Airlines to open up our dates so we can grab the lowest possible fare. AND everyone agreed to do the DDP, so we can save a bit on food expenses too.:thumbsup2

First - the cab lets you off at one end of the airport and you have to drag your luggage to the other end. No porters anywhere and we had been gone 3 weeks and a 5yo is not much help.
Second - the Delta line was over an hour long.
Thirdand most important - when we finally made it through the line(no air condition) the agent told us we were not on the flight. I had confirmations and seats and all. She said we would have to go and buy tickets. I sent my dd because i was not lugging luggage across the airport agin and then standing in line again. I then called Delta in Atl and talked to them. There was no problem with our tickets. The agent refused to give me her name and refused to call the suppervisor and kept telling me to go to the end of the line, which I refused to do. They called head of security and another security person to the desk who told me to go to the end of the line. I refused. I was still on the phone with the lady fron Delta headquarters who could not believe what was going on. Still could not get supervisor or agents name even though I knew it was breach of contract not to give it to me. They would not page my dd so I could tell her not to buy more tickets. 45 minutes later my dd came back with new tickets, and guess what they found - our reservations! I guess I raised enough h... that another agent finally called the supervisor who told me to get the agent name. I now have a phone at both ears since Atl said not to hang up until we had boarding passes in hand. Once again the agent refused to give me her name so the other agent told the supervisor the name who then gave it to me. I will do all I can to make sure that agent will not be working for Delta! An hour later when we finally got to the gate we met others that had the same problem. 2 couples had missed their flight 2 days running. Never in all my travels have I had such a bad experience. We now have to sent the other tickets back and get a refund. And I am sure that my phone bill is going to be outrageous!

That is one huge nightmare!

Glad the graduation went well. Sorry you won't be around much for a while.

WELCOME! Which end of the state are you? We just did a Disneyland DIS meet and are talking about one for Northern California (adult wine country) too!

We are at the Southern End of the state so we just missed the SoCal meet. My husband is a Marine and will be attending graduate school up in Monterey though starting this summer. Maybe I can plan a trip to see him when the Northern Cali meet is. :-)

We are at the Southern End of the state so we just missed the SoCal meet. My husband is a Marine and will be attending graduate school up in Monterey though starting this summer. Maybe I can plan a trip to see him when the Northern Cali meet is. :-)

Please hug your Marine for us and thank him for his service! :grouphug: And welcome aboard!

:hug: and pixiedust: to Kim and her family!

Noel...glad graduation went well! Good luck with the moving!

Welcome!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

My BIL just finished up his post graduate degree at the Naval Academy there. Nice place to go to school!

Although the pictures do not do it justice, I thought I would share pics of the moon last night over Mt. Rainier. It was breathtaking...

moon2.jpg

moon1.jpg

My neighbor and I went for a walk to find a good shot without a roof or tree in the way, but we didn't succeed. Scott had gone into the kitchen and noticed how bright and clear the moon was over the mountain and of course that started me on the perfect picture hunt....which I never did get. :sad2: But, I tried.... The moon was actually yellowish and the sky was a great color blue. The pics just look blurry. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter