May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat 9 (6300.00) and Cat 11(5200.00) rooms open for two adults.

At Kim's request (Kimerinc) she wanted me to let you guys know that she is not ignoring everyone - their family too is going through some health issues that are keeping her very occupied.

Please keep Kim, Steve, and Savannah in your thoughts and prayers as well as our friends in the UK.

:grouphug:

More Hugs, :grouphug: Faith, Hope and Pixie Dust pixiedust: to Kim and family!

Karen

Although the pictures do not do it justice, I thought I would share pics of the moon last night over Mt. Rainier. It was breathtaking...

moon2.jpg

moon1.jpg

My neighbor and I went for a walk to find a good shot without a roof or tree in the way, but we didn't succeed. Scott had gone into the kitchen and noticed how bright and clear the moon was over the mountain and of course that started me on the perfect picture hunt....which I never did get. :sad2: But, I tried.... The moon was actually yellowish and the sky was a great color blue. The pics just look blurry. sorry

Kaylee,

They look beautiful!

I wish I could have stopped in the middle of the Benicia bridge tonight as there was a very "nightmare before christmas" cloud whisping by the "blue moon" as I was coming home from the shop around 9:30! Really eerie and beautiful!

Karen

Samantha has bounced back! I offered her the option to go to Kids Under the Weather or to school and she wanted to go to school and when I picked her up she was running all over the playground. Tomorrow is water play day and she can't get her ear wet!! Not sure what to do about that one.

Glad she's feeling better, they bounce back so quickly when their young!!

You're doing a great job teaching her to be "good to others". That just isn't taught enough, but it is so important!
I guess, I had such an odd upbringing that I really have no clue what is "right" for parenting....I wish there was a manual. But all in all, I feel my choices have been right so far...some people feel we spoil them by going to WDW so much...that I can't help. It's more me than anything else...or other parenting issues...my Grandma likes to chime in a lot....my mother however refrains quite a bit.

There's no manual, just go with your heart and your instincts! We spoil our one and only DD too, oh well. It's a very short time that their kids and that we get to enjoy them!

and speaking of my mom....she just got a job offer in Sarasota and accepted! So this means she as well as my sister will be moving down here. This will be great for us, as my sister and I love game night and we just really have a love hate relationship (we are 10 yrs apart) and I feel I can step up and be what she needs at this point in her life. She is going through a lot right now and with the threat of being .02 inches away from having to deal with heart surgery, she is under the impression she will opt not to have surgery and live a short life. I don't want that.

My DSIS lives right behind us. She is also 10 years older and has some health issues. We have become so much closer since DD has been born, she had never been married or had kids, and I am so glad that we are close by to help each other with life!

So - enough with the long post....my Nyquil must be kicking in!!

Better living through chemistry!! Feel better.

Karen

So with DD newly married and DS moved out west, I have now become an "empty nester" :sad1: Now wouldn't you think I'd be jumping for joy and thinking of all the ME time :hippie: ?:confused3 So I am trying to keep busy, and working 6 days a week certainly takes up some of my time LOL . And I have had some fun...booked my airfare to Orlando for this cruise, decided to arrive on the 8th of May and will stay at WDW for 2 nights, just have to decide which resort. I have also finalized my plans for my WDW trip this Oct. Going from Oct 21-Nov2. Hoping to go to PFTS on Oct27 and at least a couple of other F&W events. If anyone is there the same time and wants to meet up let me know:)
That only leaves me with the return trip from LA after the cruise to still plan, can anyone help me out with this:confused: I thought I might spend a couple extra days in LA before flying home since I'm not likely to see California again for a long time, and I've never been before. I've been researching a little though and think I might enjoy SF area more, and it looks like airfare from LA to SF could be booked for $100.00 or so?:confused3 So any suggestions on airlines or places to stay or any advice about the area would be truly appreciated:flower3: I wondered about staying one or two nights in SF then maybe a tour of wine country with one night's stay somewhere? There are tour companies right? I will NOT want to drive myself :eek: Maybe I'm trying to plan too much?
Just so you know, this isn't occupying all of my time LOL. I did spend 4 hrs planting in my "garden" yesterday in 30C degree heat :faint: (I think that's close to 90 F?) I ache everywhere today :rolleyes:
Kathe

Kathe,

We usually take Southwest from Orange Co. to Oakland airport. It's cheap and quick. We have tons of recomendations on wineries (kinda' our forte) and also on places to stay around the area.

PM me if you would like more info.

Karen

OK, so everyone kept ignoring my NBA craziness . . .

But WHAT a Game!

One of the all-time great NBA games!

If you get a chance, watch Sportscenter Tomorrow . . .

Cleveland may have a chance - no Florida teams in the playoffs!:happytv:

So weird...

As I'm reading the prior post and this one, our local news guys says "Lebron is the man!!" and gives the whole recap on the game!

Karen

yes, but Lisa is going to drive and you are going to stand up in the convertible and make a fool of yourself, right? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: see I can imagine with ease too :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

good night John and good night to your team.

baseball let's talk some baseball...gaints by the bay...

Nan,

Right there with you!! My Grandma had season tickets at the Stick when I was kid. Front row by the Giants dugout! I grew up "chatting" with Willie Mays, Willie Mac, Bobby Bonds, Chris Speier, Juan Marichal, Gaylord Perry, Vida Blue (giants then a's!) and so on!

We currently have season tickets to the A's as we share (shared) them with a group. Unfortunately, most of our group dropped out and I have lots of tickets for July and September, if anyone is interested!

Karen

Hi Holly,
I have been thinking about you since 4:30pm. I had to go to Gretchen's school to pick her up at 5pm from Talent Show practice. I pulled into the left turn lane and look at the school.....SIX fire engines with the lights flashin sitting in front of the school.

Did I think "OMG I hope Gretchen is okay" ?(NOPE DID NOT THINK THAT)

I thought "Gee, I wish Holly was with me!!"

Boy, there were some VERY cute fireguys!! They were there because the Kindergarden pod was overtaken by fumes after everyone (except the talent show kids) had gone home.....

Upon reflection, I am ashamed!! (but I still wish you had been with me!!):lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good morning all. Nice day again and temperatures rising again.:) Still may be a rainy weekend.

April was amazing - hot and no rain, and climate change was being talked about all the time. Now we have had a miserable May and the climate change talk has subsided!! I suppose it is the extremes in weather that is the problem. Generally the weather pattern is different.

Going to have a bit of a lazy day today.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good morning all. Nice day again and temperatures rising again.:) Still may be a rainy weekend.

April was amazing - hot and no rain, and climate change was being talked about all the time. Now we have had a miserable May and the climate change talk has subsided!! I suppose it is the extremes in weather that is the problem. Generally the weather pattern is different.

Going to have a bit of a lazy day today.

Good morning Marilyn!

I'll be very busy tomorrow (you're today) so enjoy your lazy day as I am jealous!!;)

Hope the weather stays nice! We are having very moderate weather, which I love. 70's to low 80's during the day, no humidity, and a bit too windy. Coolish at night.

I'll be heading to bed soon and the DIS will be going down in about 15 minutes.:cloud9:

Have a super lovely day!:hippie:

Karen

Good morning! I'm up late, trying to get bills down after coming back from Maui. The Westin there was just beautiful!

I'm going to try to catch up some, but afraid my eyes are going to close soon!
Lisa

You can also ask DCL to put you on a wait list. I know our TA has said that rooms keep opening up on the WB cruise, but the EB has not had anything because they are already WAY overbooked for that one. Otherwise, getting a good TA involved is about your best bet.

DCL told us they no longer are doing wait lists. We would have to call whenever we felt like it. I said I was sorry to be bothering them and the lady said "It's no bother!"
Jan :earsgirl:

Well, depending on how your fans are...I might look a bit silly in my blues amongst the brown of your fans! :scared1: Do you go to all the games with your son? Our tickets are a family affair as well...we have 4 with my parents and rotate with them, my girls and friends.

Night John

We have two seats, and either my son and I go, Amy and I, or my son takes a friend.

You might feel somewhat at home, because we seem to sit in a section in the upper deck that always has some opposing fans in it, and therefore lots of mayhem.

Cavs game is driving me crazy.

My fingernails are really suffering.

DOUBLE OVERTIME!

Where's the AED?

:faint:

CAVS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

LEBRON!

THE MAN!

:banana:

OK, so everyone kept ignoring my NBA craziness . . .

But WHAT a Game!

One of the all-time great NBA games!

If you get a chance, watch Sportscenter Tomorrow . . .

Cleveland may have a chance - no Florida teams in the playoffs!:happytv:

Daniel told me this morning that this game will be re-played for years to come on ESPN Classic. Must have been an awesome game!!

Mary Jo is one of the Technical DIS crew. She is on my MED cruise forum. She told us this morning that:

HAPPY 10th Anniversary DIS today!!

Good morning! I'm up late, trying to get bills down after coming back from Maui. The Westin there was just beautiful!

I'm going to try to catch up some, but afraid my eyes are going to close soon!
Lisa

Please post pics. One of my dreams is to visit Maui. I hope you had an amazing time!:dance3:

Nan,

Right there with you!! My Grandma had season tickets at the Stick when I was kid. Front row by the Giants dugout! I grew up "chatting" with Willie Mays, Willie Mac, Bobby Bonds, Chris Speier, Juan Marichal, Gaylord Perry, Vida Blue (giants then a's!) and so on!

We currently have season tickets to the A's as we share (shared) them with a group. Unfortunately, most of our group dropped out and I have lots of tickets for July and September, if anyone is interested!

Karen

I would love that - just too long a drive . . .

I have Indians tickets too! (20 game pack) if anyone is up here later this year and is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter