May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still catching up, 150 pages to go!!!!

I wanted to say eveyones kids are adorable.

Lillygator- I hope to one day live very close to orlando, and have kids. I think that you take them so often is awesome and your girls are so CUTE.

Ok back to trying to catch up!!

Cavs game is driving me crazy.

My fingernails are really suffering.

Hey from the great Magic Kingdom!!!

Just a quick check in to say hi. Wow....25 pages so far...there is no way I am catching up with those. So, I hope everything is great with everyone.

So far the trip has been great. I am hoping to download and share some pics later.

The crowds have been great. First night at the parks we got to MK at 4pm and left at 1130 (EMH) and were able to do every ride in the park except for Pooh and Dumbo! We even did some 2-3 times. It was great. The next day when we hit MGM we basically did the same thing...3x in a row on ToT (ok, not my girls....they decided against it this time much to mom's sadness). We were able to fill up a whole log on splash mountain and got a great picture after our 3rd try.

The new monster's Inc attraction was pretty good. That new technology amazes me still when they interact with the audience.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Today is our relax/pool day. I think we are heading to Saratoga Springs pool for a bit and then back to OKW's pool. Gotta hit as many water slides as possible. Then, off to Chef Mickey's for dinner and hopefully catching Wishes from up there. Wed is Epcot day with a break at the Boardwalk pool (the clown water slide is my kids favorite one).

I'll try and download some pics later.

I know this is is a really old post but we were there that night too! Was it the day it stormed horribbly? We went to the EMH but that is when DH noticed something was wrong with me and made me leave to go rest. We were sick or recovering the rest of the trip so this was the only EMH we did. We even had to cancel Typhoon Lagoon. I was so sad but things turned around and I get to go in a week with for my DS 10's bday!

Where did you finally find them? I was worried about getting off the plane in Barcelona and having not a clue how to speak Spanish and looking for Disney??

I happened to see someone walking by. Then she said "oh I only work on the ground side." Humm, yes, that is who I was looking for. But no, she was NOT helpful at all. I asked her to get someone who was in charge. A woman came out a few minutes later. She apoligized for all that happened to us but it did not matter at that point. My DD (almost 2) was very close to being crushed underneath the wheel of one of the buses we took to the airport. There was nothing she could say to make up for that. It was so unorganized and such chaos I am not surprised that a bus almost ran over a kid let alone my kid. It was SOOOO scary. Everyone was screaming and yelling nad my DH had to jump up and smack the windshield of the bus to get him to stop backing up. The wheels of the bus where actually touching the stroller she was in :scared1: . The is where our good for nothing bus driver left the stroller to begin with. It was all crazy.

Hopefully things will be more organized for you.

Please hug your Marine for us and thank him for his service! :grouphug: And welcome aboard!

THANK YOU!

Kaylee:
I saw that moon last night too, and thought how beautiful it was. It's always touched me as wonderful that we can be in different far away places from our friends, family and loved ones but sharing a look at the same moon in the sky. Kinda makes me feel a bit closer to those so far away.
Nan

I always love that idea! Orion is the constellation that Scott and I had on the top of our wedding cake (no bride and groom up there for us!) because when we were dating we were often separated due to his school and that is the constellation we would both always look for in the sky to feel connected. Weird story about that...when I called my mom to tell her I was engaged, she was in bed and the only thing she could see in her skylight above her bed was Orion!! There was that song from a disney movie about that too...can't remember it at all though.

Did I think "OMG I hope Gretchen is okay" ?(NOPE DID NOT THINK THAT)

I thought "Gee, I wish Holly was with me!!"
:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Glad you all enjoyed the pics of the mountain. I sometimes forget how amazing the views are around here...probably because it is so rare that Mt. Rainier is actually visible due to the rain clouds. When we bought here we had great views, now all the trees have grown so the views have trees in the way, but it is still a beautiful mountain.

V...although I haven't met you yet, from your posts you are doing a great job as a mom. We get the disney jealousy all the time (as I am sure most people here do) and we ignore it. How great that samantha took the time to make someone else feel comfortable...that says a lot! And cliques...unfortunately, they only get worse with little girls:scared1:

Where did you finally find them? I was worried about getting off the plane in Barcelona and having not a clue how to speak Spanish and looking for Disney??

Lisa, wanna borrow my spanish speaking tour guide/pirate red head, Miss Molly?

We all agree that Disneyland just isn't "enough" of travel for us anymore. We are now talking about our next family vaca to Spanish speaking countries (Costa Rica, Brazil, Mexico) knowing that Molly & Wilson will be able to make a our way thru with their language skills and charm. hmmm....this could end up costing me alot in the long run huh? but should be a fun ride :banana:

I picture you and Holly riding along after those firemen.....:love:

Hey, I'm still here. Just been lurking lately because I usually can only manage to hop on the internet just before bed. I've been enjoying reading the posts, but not much time to post myself.

DH is travelling again. This time he is in Cuba, so he is very happy about that. The Today Show will broadcast from Cuba on Tuesday, June 5th if you want to tune in. You won't see DH, only his handiwork. He is editing most of the packages for Matt Lauer and Kerry Sanders. He just called and said the group went out to dinner at an individual's home, who opens it up to groups and prepares an authentic home-cooked Cuban meal. I didn't get the details about the menu--should have known to ask with this group, oops--but maybe next time he calls.

Only 3 more days of school left here. We should have been out tomorrow, but have to go back for 2 days next week to make up snow days. :headache:

Take care everyone.

Good night.

OK, so everyone kept ignoring my NBA craziness . . .

But WHAT a Game!

One of the all-time great NBA games!

If you get a chance, watch Sportscenter Tomorrow . . .

Cleveland may have a chance - no Florida teams in the playoffs!:happytv:

Hi Holly,
I have been thinking about you since 4:30pm. I had to go to Gretchen's school to pick her up at 5pm from Talent Show practice. I pulled into the left turn lane and look at the school.....SIX fire engines with the lights flashin sitting in front of the school.

Did I think "OMG I hope Gretchen is okay" ?(NOPE DID NOT THINK THAT)

I thought "Gee, I wish Holly was with me!!"

Boy, there were some VERY cute fireguys!! They were there because the Kindergarden pod was overtaken by fumes after everyone (except the talent show kids) had gone home.....

Upon reflection, I am ashamed!! (but I still wish you had been with me!!):lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: Well, it's nice to hear you thought of me, but I'm glad nobody at the school was affected by the fumes. Sure wish I could have seen those firemen! ;) My overactive imagination has just created an incredible visual! :laughing:

OK, so everyone kept ignoring my NBA craziness . . .

But WHAT a Game!

One of the all-time great NBA games!

If you get a chance, watch Sportscenter Tomorrow . . .

Cleveland may have a chance - no Florida teams in the playoffs!:happytv:

I'll make sure to do that! :lmao:
John...speaking for myself, until football season you are going to be on your own!
Now, on Sept 23 (seahawks vs bengals) or nov 4 (seahawks vs browns) we should have some interesting coversations if you follow either of the Ohio teams! Although the 23rd is a home game so I will be there cheering on the hawks...the 4th I'll be at home folding laundry and biting my nails!:lmao:

I'll make sure to do that! :lmao:
John...speaking for myself, until football season you are going to be on your own!
Now, on Sept 23 (seahawks vs bengals) or nov 4 (seahawks vs browns) we should have some interesting coversations if you follow either of the Ohio teams! Although the 23rd is a home game so I will be there cheering on the hawks...the 4th I'll be at home folding laundry and biting my nails!:lmao:

I usually do not watch the NBA, but the playoffs, Cleveland . . . exciting!

Oh football . . . you ain't seen nothing yet . . . remember, I live in the Pro Football HOF City - and I have Browns season tickets.

So let the trash talk begin!

(No love for the Bengals)

BTW . . .

Seattle plays AT Cleveland . . .

Who wants to go to the game with me????

(you'll have to fight my son for the seat)

I usually do not watch the NBA, but the playoffs, Cleveland . . . exciting!

Oh football . . . you ain't seen nothing yet . . . remember, I live in the Pro Football HOF City - and I have Browns season tickets.

So let the trash talk begin!

(No love for the Bengals)

So...you'll be at the game on the 4th and I can post whatever I want since I will be at home watching:lmao: Well, football season will help time fly getting us closer to the cruise, right?!

BTW . . .

Seattle plays AT Cleveland . . .

Who wants to go to the game with me????

(you'll have to fight my son for the seat)

Well, depending on how your fans are...I might look a bit silly in my blues amongst the brown of your fans! :scared1: Do you go to all the games with your son? Our tickets are a family affair as well...we have 4 with my parents and rotate with them, my girls and friends.

Night John

Nope! Since she's married, I get them all! :lmao:

yes, but Lisa is going to drive and you are going to stand up in the convertible and make a fool of yourself, right? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: see I can imagine with ease too :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

good night John and good night to your team.

baseball let's talk some baseball...gaints by the bay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter