May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers over the last few days. I've finally gotten myself to feeling ready to post again.

Tina:

Glad to see your post. You're in my prayers.

yes, I've been aware of dysgraphia for a while. I assume that is what this is called, but haven't gone to the extent of finding a place to test and document it. Frankly the testing money has been spent in prior years for tutoring and OT. I guess as this progresses I'll have to find a testing service and fight my battle.

Molly is 10, in the 5th grade. I have a good friend that just had her son tested and he is dyslectic. Fortunately, I don't think this is her issue as she does not have reading issues.

Her intelligence has never been in question, she scores in 95-100% in all testing we've had done.

We have since talked with her teacher (who told us she loves having Molly in in her class) and she has given us the green light to use the computer for all homework assignments (that is a relief) tomorrow is back to school night and then we will have a special conference to meet each of her teachers (3 of them) to figure out what we need to do to give Molly the tools she needs to continue to suceed.

I have to tell that when I mentioned the name Molly to my father-in-law when I was pregnant he turned up his nose to me and said "Yuck" my feelings were a bit hurt and I decided no more telling of the name...of course now, anyone who meets her says "my you fit your name" little redhead that she is.

Have I confessed that Molly was named after KowDog???? She was nicknamed "Molly Moo Kow" she died in August, I was pregnant in October...I to believe in souls coming back....or at least God choosing to comfort us from loss with bring us joy.

Update on my mom...she's done the CT scan and MRI (today) we have surgery set for Thursday 9/27. Meet with the surgeon this Thursday 9/20 to review the tests and pre-op appointment. Hopefully everything results will be null and she will just have a mastecomy to recover from.

This weekend Molly, my mom and I are going to LA. To visit family and to shop for an AG doll.....(molly is exchanging a birthday gift for a doll) Julie is coming our way....Paul also was able to sell Molly's old Madeline doll house and furniture on Craigs List today so Molly has a bit more spending money...might be coming home with Ivy Julie's friend too.

Time for bed, chat ya tomorrow,

Nan

Nan, it's so great to see you back on here again...will be praying for your mom on her surgery date.

Enjoy your weekend out together, you all need to destress and have some fun!
:cloud9: :angel: :cloud9:

Marilyn, the same thing happened to me when I made ressies for my Halloweem cruise. My time was midnight and I came home from the hospice house for an hour or so just to book. It was about 10 mins. to midnight and I got the same message when I tried. I knew I was paid in full and I knew the birthdate was right so I waited until about 1-2 mins. after midnight and tried again and they went right through. Is it possible you tried a little too early?:rolleyes1 :confused3 :rolleyes1

I did keep trying till 12.15 your time - logging in each time. I'm annoyed, but not upset as I have next year to look forward to. I will try when I get onboard, otherwise we will spend the money elsewhere.:)

I always don't book airfare until after I fully pay for the cruise because I'd hate to be stuck with airline tickets if I'm not able to pay for the cruise by the deadline for whatever reason.

DITTO for us as well Holly! Our life is pretty uncertain these days, so we will wait until the cruise is paid for.:thumbsup2

Hope you enjoyed your day off!!:cool1:

Just catching up, we were at a A's game tonight in the Sky Box!! Unfortunately they lost:(

Karen

I did keep trying till 12.15 your time - logging in each time. I'm annoyed, but not upset as I have next year to look forward to. I will try when I get onboard, otherwise we will spend the money elsewhere.:)

Well that wasn't the reason....maybe DU will be able to help and fix it and get you into Palo...are you trying for brunch or dinner or both?
:upsidedow :flower3: :upsidedow

I HATE bugs....I remember an incident when I was 3 years old and still can recall it clearly to this day...I was outside playing in the dirt at my grandmother's house. I didn't realize it but I was sitting on an anthill. When I looked up I had ants crawling all over me....in my hair, in my ears, under my clothes and I screamed like I was being killed. My grandmother ran outside so fast with a huge pot of hot water and dumped it on my head. The ants all fell off. Thanks to granny for saving the day. I never got over my fear of anything that crawls. It spooks me.:scared1:
:scared: :scared1:

Ok,

I stayed quiet about the snakes, because they really don't bother me. Anything reptilian is ok for me.:rolleyes1

Insects are another story!!:scared1:

Definite phobia with insects!! Especially spiders, scorpians, centipedes, beatles, etc., etc., etc.!!!:scared:

Karen

Holly will lead the pack no doubt!

I suppose I can talk to myself for a few days....

I think you are catching up!!!

That's funny because when I was growing up, my mom had a rule that she would never turn on the heat until the middle of November. She has an oil furnace, which I guess costs more, I don't know though, and it when she'd get the tank filled each year, she would say it has to last all winter. And she always kept the thermostat set at 65 degrees (still does). I hated it because my nose would be runny all winter because I was so cold.

We had our heating on last night, and now this morning. It was soooo cold overnight. I used to hang on till October, but now I like to be warm.:love:

You guys have been busy. 1800++ pages. Whoa!

Just wanted you all to know I'm doing ok. Between treatments, dr appointments, and internet not working I haven't been online for quite some time.

I've had 20 radiation treatments and 3 chemos, I have an MRI scheduled for the 28th which, will tell us how the tumors in the head have reacted to the radiation treatments.

My faith and my family have been key to my outlook and spirits have been kept positive and high.

We just finished a trip to Disneyland/Vegas and we are now on our way home. This trip was really good for keeping my mind off my problems and keep me from feeling sorry for myself.

But now, I'm excited that the cruise is getting closer and I can start planning more for it. We will be in WDW May 2nd - 10th so soon I'll be able to start making dining ressies. Still gotta figure out how to pay off the darn cruise, but I can't afford to NOT go on the cruise at this point. I may not get another chance.

We're selling the house and plan on getting an RV so that should help. We'll be selling almost all of our funiture and stuff so that will help too.

I've got to get working on those door signs and fish extender decorations! Asked the dr about drinking alcohol and he said no problem, just not a ton. Yeah!!!! DOD's and champagne.

Thank you all for all your messages, hugs, prayers, and best wishes. They are all very, very appreciated.

All the best,
Tina

Tina I am so pleased to hear from you and pleased you are feeling well(later post) and have managed a fun vacation.

You have been on my mind such a lot and in my prayers as you will continue to be.

I am looking forward to meeting you next May.

Well that wasn't the reason....maybe DU will be able to help and fix it and get you into Palo...are you trying for brunch or dinner or both?
:upsidedow :flower3: :upsidedow

I can get on this morning.:confused3 No brunch times as I thought, but I rather think they had all gone anyway. There are dinner vacancies but I wasn't going to book that. All day 2 are booked, but all day 3 (Castaway Cay)open, so might choose that as I believe days 2 & 3 are the same restaurant. Need to decide on timing.

DITTO for us as well Holly! Our life is pretty uncertain these days, so we will wait until the cruise is paid for.:thumbsup2

Hope you enjoyed your day off!!:cool1:

Just catching up, we were at a A's game tonight in the Sky Box!! Unfortunately they lost:(

Karen

Hi Karen, I'm sure everything for you is hard in the early stages of opening the new place....just hang in there until you've had a chance to get your feet planted into the ground....you will be very successful....you just have to pull that belt in and come back even stronger.

Glad you got a night out, sorry your team lost....my football teams this year are both 0-2...not a good start for this season....but I love them just the same.

Hope every tomorrow is a better day for you!
:hippie: :flower3: :hippie:

ugh, I am one of those need to know people. I hate waiting...! I am not sure when they will let me know something,

Congratulations on a job well done!:cheer2:

I hate waiting too, bit at least you know that it went well and you can relax knowing that it is over and you did your best!!:thumbsup2

Karen

I think you are catching up!!!

We had our heating on last night, and now this morning. It was soooo cold overnight. I used to hang on till October, but now I like to be warm.:love:
Yup, me too...I broke down and made John put it on when he got home...just to take the chill out of the air. It worked. It feels good in here now. I like to be warm too, but would never put it on before Oct either.

Tina I am so pleased to hear from you and pleased you are feeling well(later post) and have managed a fun vacation.

You have been on my mind such a lot and in my prayers as you will continue to be.

I am looking forward to meeting you next May.

Me too!!!!!

I can get on this morning.:confused3 No brunch times as I thought, but I rather think they had all gone anyway. There are dinner vacancies but I wasn't going to book that. All day 2 are booked, but all day 3 (Castaway Cay)open, so might choose that as I believe days 2 & 3 are the same restaurant. Need to decide on timing.

At least you can get into Palo...it's worth it. I would still try for brunch when you get onboard or even through DU...it's worth a try. When you go, remember the beautiful views from the windows up there...go when it's still light out to see....maybe at dusk....it would be beautiful to watch the sun setting.:flower3: :angel: :flower3:

OK, a little diversion . . .

Indians game tonight . . . If Amy's mom can watch Sophia, Amy and I are going, if not, going solo . . .

Playing Detroit - we are up on them by 4.5 games. Every win means another full game up, and the magic number (now at 9) goes down by 2.

Now, if any of you ladies (other than maybe V) know what I am talking about, I may be shocked!

Wish us luck anyway!

Go Tribe!

John,

You won't read this until the am, but you may remember that I AM quite a sports fan and I DO know what you are talking about!!

We were at the A's game tonight. No chance for them or the SF Giants, but we enjoyed them loosing again anyway...

Congrats on the win tonight. Did you stay till the end? I see that it went 11 innings!!

I also am a fan of Major League Football, Nascar, Golf and Tennis. Not a huge fan of Basketball anymore, but I do watch occassionally and I do know what is going on in the game. Not really into college sports anymore. I was more involved with it when my dad was alive. I also love just about everything to do with both summer and winter Olympics, except for boxing.

Best of luck with the rest of the season!! Go Tribe!

Karen

You guys have been busy. 1800++ pages. Whoa!

Just wanted you all to know I'm doing ok. Between treatments, dr appointments, and internet not working I haven't been online for quite some time.

I've had 20 radiation treatments and 3 chemos, I have an MRI scheduled for the 28th which, will tell us how the tumors in the head have reacted to the radiation treatments.

My faith and my family have been key to my outlook and spirits have been kept positive and high.

That's so wonderful!! It's important to have faith, family and a good outlook!

We just finished a trip to Disneyland/Vegas and we are now on our way home. This trip was really good for keeping my mind off my problems and keep me from feeling sorry for myself.

But now, I'm excited that the cruise is getting closer and I can start planning more for it. We will be in WDW May 2nd - 10th so soon I'll be able to start making dining ressies. Still gotta figure out how to pay off the darn cruise, but I can't afford to NOT go on the cruise at this point. I may not get another chance.

We're selling the house and plan on getting an RV so that should help. We'll be selling almost all of our funiture and stuff so that will help too.

I've got to get working on those door signs and fish extender decorations! Asked the dr about drinking alcohol and he said no problem, just not a ton. Yeah!!!! DOD's and champagne.

Thank you all for all your messages, hugs, prayers, and best wishes. They are all very, very appreciated.

All the best,
Tina

Tina,

So good to hear from you! We were all discussing you and how we hoped all was going well with your treatment.

Glad you can join in on the DOD's and Champagne! We will toast to your good health!

Take care and keep in touch!

Karen

Since I'm used to leaving PA at this time of year and going to FL for a cruise and WDW....I'm not used to the weather transition. Usually I leave and it's warm and the whole time I'm away it's hot and then I get back to PA and it's cold and Oct and ready to start Winter. I just extend my Summer a little being away. Not this year...I have to wait one more month. I usually cruise for mine and John's anniversary, which is coming up at the end of this month, and we do it together with friends. This cruise is with kids and grands. Sandi picked the time to travel. Halloween is going to be a fun time with the Gkids, even though they're teens now....15 and 16. WoW...I remember Tom's first day of school.....rambling now....sorry.....off topic!

It just feels weird to be home at this time of the year and go thru the transition of hot to cold.
:yay: :eek: :yay:

Gotta go see the lawyer again tomorrow with the hen brother. Have to sign the Auction Agreement and hand over $750 for half the advertising fee. All these out of pocket expenses are so cutting into my vacation funds....I hate that....but I'm still going. Fortunately, this upcoming one is mostly prepaid and I have started working on the next one. When we get back from the Halloween cruise, we'll only have six months until this one. YEA!!!:yay: :woohoo: :yay:

good evening all,
I don't have pics of our Universal trip as Bubba is still doing his magic to them.
But here is how our day was.
The park opened at 10 and we got there a little after opening. We were able to do all the rides. So I would say it is definalty do-able in a day.
First we went throught the :scared1: House of Horrors. This was pretty cool. Not overly scary, but our nephew Michael was holding on to one of us just about the entire walk thru. (Michael is 12)
Next we saw Shrek 4-D. :3dglasses I thought that this was really good. Kind of like Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but taken further as the seats move too.
From there we did the studio tour. Always enjoy this ride.
Then we had lunch at Doc Brown's Chicken. We all had chicken tenders. Good too. and not overly prices. Meals ran 6-8 dollars.
After lunch we saw the Water World show. Michael sat close in the soak zone. He wanted to get wet. Bubba and I sat a few rows up and still got wet, not to much thought.
Next stop was Termiator 3D. :3dglasses Good show, but not one of my favorites.
Then it was off to do the rides on the lower level.
Revenge of the Mummy — The Ride is now more "Shocking Than Ever!"--NOT. Well I guess I really can't say that, as I never rode it before, but I thought even thought it was a fast ride, it was way to short. And not that scary. IMHO.
Then it was Jurassic Park — The Ride is now "Wetter than Ever!":umbrella:
And they are not kidding. Be warned you WILL get wet, VERY wet. We sat in the last row and I was soaked to the bone. But it was great fun.
And since we all were wet we thought we would do BackDraft next and it might help dry us off, but we got side track on the the special effects show. Good show, I think it helped having a guide that was very funny.
When we finished with this show, it was to late to make it onto backdraft. The lower section was being closed at 5 pm for a private party. Oh, but we are going to the private party.:cool1: Volkswagen of America throw a dealer appriciation party. At 6:30 we got to go back to the lower level and do all the rides and free food for dinner. Michael and I had Panda Express and Bubba had a burger from the Jurassic Café.
Then we got to do Backdraft. Stopped and got an ice cream at ben & jerry's then it was homeward bound.

Crowds were not to bad, the weather was really nice, not to hot. So it was a great day. And it was nice to spend some special time with Michael.

Venetia,

Sounds like a lot of fun!

We keep saying that we will do Universal "next trip" and we keep enjoying DL too much!!

Glad you had a great time!

Karen

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers over the last few days. I've finally gotten myself to feeling ready to post again.

This weekend Molly, my mom and I are going to LA. To visit family and to shop for an AG doll.....(molly is exchanging a birthday gift for a doll) Julie is coming our way....Paul also was able to sell Molly's old Madeline doll house and furniture on Craigs List today so Molly has a bit more spending money...might be coming home with Ivy Julie's friend too.

Nan

Nan,

Thanks for the update, I hope that all will go well on Thursday.

Wish we were visiting AG this weekend. I loved our visit to the New York store last year.

DD, Alex, has started "growing out" of her AG interest:(

I have a bunch of clothes and accessories that we will probably put out on Craig's list soon. We might put the horse and carriage out there as well.

Take care!

Karen

Hi Karen, I'm sure everything for you is hard in the early stages of opening the new place....just hang in there until you've had a chance to get your feet planted into the ground....you will be very successful....you just have to pull that belt in and come back even stronger.

Glad you got a night out, sorry your team lost....my football teams this year are both 0-2...not a good start for this season....but I love them just the same.

Hope every tomorrow is a better day for you!
:hippie: :flower3: :hippie:

Deb,

As always, your posts bring love and light to the darkness!! pixiedust:

Our Football team is actually 2 and 0!! Best start for the 49ers in a long time!!:thumbsup2

What are you doing up so late?:confused3

I know it seems like it's taking a long time, but you really are healling. Just be patient and keep doing all of things that are best for you!!:yay:

XO,

Karen

Nan

Nan,

Thanks for the update, I hope that all will go well on Thursday.

Wish we were visiting AG this weekend. I loved our visit to the New York store last year.

DD, Alex, has started "growing out" of her AG interest:(

I have a bunch of clothes and accessories that we will probably put out on Craig's list soon. We might put the horse and carriage out there as well.

Take care!

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter