MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY guys.... just checking in..... Work is Great so far... since the office is opening up there isn't anything to do...we are just getting the office straigtened out right now....

Jo- I knew you would cave in....

I will check in a little later today....

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday too. I am making a 3 layer heart cake, heart brownies, heart lollipops. I am also making heart sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. I hope it all works out. I am trying to save some money by doing the party at home. That way I can get the girls a swing set this summer:woohoo:
that is such a wonderful idea! I love the theme. When is her day, exactly? You're a baker, like me. ihad to cut way down a few years after Mark and I got married b/c he gained so much weight and went on a crash diet. No one was eating the goodies but me so I stopped making everything. oh well. He lost 90 pounds and has kept it off, so I don't want to entice him.:rotfl:

HEY guys.... just checking in..... Work is Great so far... since the office is opening up there isn't anything to do...we are just getting the office straigtened out right now....

Mari-
i'm so glad you're having a good day. :hug: You deserve a great job. :hug:

Jo

OK, it's official, we're booked up for WL May 12 - 18th! :cool1: I'm so excited! See you in the World!

Hey all!

Good to hear you all had a nice weekend. We had a very good time at DL yesterday. Our friend Mayra came with us - she was a blast to have around. We got to the parking structure around 10:10 and there was a line backed up almost to the freeway exit! We had never seen it this way before. It took almost 25 minutes to get into the structure and get on the trams to the park.

We got through security and into the park around 11:00 am. The park wasn't too busy - the ride time board had some really short times listed. 5 mins for POTC and IASW. 20 mins for Indy, Space M. 30 minutes. etc. We sent my son over to Space and got FPs and then hit Indy. We got on in about 15 minues! Then we got onto POTC rather quickly too after Indy. HM was closed, so we rode Pooh - shot an onride video for you guys! We were hungry and French Market wasn't too busy, so we ate there. My wife and I had BBQ pork, my son had the fried chicken and Mayra had the French Dip - a very yummy lunch.

It was now time for BTMR! Listed wait time was 20 mins. - got on in 10 mins!
My son found a photopass card, so he gave it to me - don't know why ended up with it. So as we were walking out of Frontierland into Fantasyland, I saw 2 PhotoPass guys in front of the castle and I asked them if I could take their picure. They said yes and I too a shot and handed them a photopass! LOLOLOL!!!

We tried to get onto IASW but it was closed down temporarily – Mayra didn’t get come to DL during the holidays L. We headed over to TL and rode Space M. and had a awesome ride and photo too! We headed over to Main St. and got some treats to munch on.

My wife’s VMK pals and their kids had a meet up planned and they came around 3 p.m. One of them just had surgery and so we had 10 person front of the line pass! Woo Hoo! First stop – Nemo Subs! We got on the ride in less than 5 minutes. Normally it has been a 90 minute wait. The kids wanted to ride Autopia so they did that next. After that we all rode Matterhorn and I did a onride video there too. IASW was now open and we virtually walked on to that. We then decided to head over to DCA. We rode CA Screamin’ twice, Mulholland Madess and Soarin’- all a 5 minute wait time. DCA was starting to close, so back over to DL and my wife, Chris and Mayra rode Space M. again while I picked up some stuff.

We said our goodbyes to our VMK friends and thanked them profusely for medical pass use!

We decided to stay for the fireworks, but we stood at the near the exit of Main St. at the railroad station. Got some great video of the show! After the fireworks, we beat out the crowds to the trams and to parking structure and got out before 10:15! Hungry again, we stop off at In-N-Out Burger for some food and got stuffed. What a way to end the day!

Sulley: WOW - what a great trip report. I can't wait to read more and more of your experiences. Keep them coming! BTW, you can ride BTMR!!!!

Mari: I hope your new job is going well!

Shelly: Too bad you missed going to CEC...LOL!!! That place drives me insane.

Jo: I picked up some maps for you and will be sending them out tomorrow!
Congrats on Drew's soccer game! I bet your kids were bouncing off the walls when you told them about your Oct. trip.

So here's a funny story!

Remember when DH got his promotion back in the fall? And he was told that he would have to travel for some training classes. Well we weren't too thrilled with the whole idea of him being gone, and he actually tried to back out of the position, but they wouldn't let him. Anyway, he was sure to tell them that he didn't want to travel in the spring because he coaches DS's soccer team, plus our Disney trip in May.

Well, he just got back from a week long training class near Dayton Ohio last week. So his boss comes up to him the other day and says - there's a 2 week class I'd like you to take in Cincinnati Ohio and I took the liberty of scheduling it for you - here's the dates - May 12-23. :scared1: :eek: So DH is freaking out a bit and says to his boss - I won't even be here the week of May 12-17. And his boss (not understanding what DH is getting at) says to him - no you won't be here (at work), you will be at school. DH is like - no you don't understand, I WILL BE IN FLORIDA!! He reminded him about how he already told him all about his scheduled vacation before he even took this job. Well, the company already paid something like $1200 for this class. :sad2: Without checking with him first!

So anyway, eventually it all worked out. . . And now it's a funny story, but it sure wasn't then! They ended up being able to reschedule his class at another campus of the school which is closer to home, near Harrisburg PA. And now it is in June, so the kids and I can go visit him! And it is fairly close to Hershey, so we can make our annual trip there and the hotel will be paid for! So it all worked out for the good! :wizard:

Shelly- My goodness, what a story! I know your DH must have been panicking! Well, at least it all worked out in your favor. Now you get to go to Hershey! we've never been, but are hoping to get there one day. It's looking like this year isn't going to be the year, LOL.

Seacrest- I can't wait to see the videos! sounds like you had a wonderful trip, short wait times for everything and a good time. Thanks for picking up the maps. I have been studying the ones online, but can't wait to have them in my hands.
I have been looking at the websites of all the Mariott properties and reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It seems like a lot of people have many different opinions on all of them, LOL.
The best one, it seems, is the Fairfield directly across the street from DL. However, I just really don't like the idea of an exterior entrance. I do stay at the Mods in WDW, but even then I am wary. I know you said to go with the convention Mariott, but people gave it really low ratings.
I don't know what to do.
:confused3

Jo

Shelly- My goodness, what a story! I know your DH must have been panicking! Well, at least it all worked out in your favor. Now you get to go to Hershey! we've never been, but are hoping to get there one day. It's looking like this year isn't going to be the year, LOL.

Seacrest- I can't wait to see the videos! sounds like you had a wonderful trip, short wait times for everything and a good time. Thanks for picking up the maps. I have been studying the ones online, but can't wait to have them in my hands.
I have been looking at the websites of all the Mariott properties and reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It seems like a lot of people have many different opinions on all of them, LOL.
The best one, it seems, is the Fairfield directly across the street from DL. However, I just really don't like the idea of an exterior entrance. I do stay at the Mods in WDW, but even then I am wary. I know you said to go with the convention Mariott, but people gave it really low ratings.
I don't know what to do.
:confused3

Jo

Hershey is a lot of fun JO! And less than a 4 hour drive!

Don't you hate it when you have your mind made up on a hotel and then you read bad reviews on it??? :headache: Well, good luck deciding! :wizard: I'm sure you are going to have a great time no matter what!! Maybe we can get together after our May trips and share our pictures!! I can't wait to see your CA pics! I am so jealous!! :goodvibes

Hey Jo: I know exactly where the Fairfield is. When we go next time, I can take some pictures of it if you want. Like you, I don't like place with exterior entrances either. Maybe you should stay at the Grand Californian? That would be a nice! My wife stayed at the Marriot about 2 years ago. She said it was OK and felt secure there. I know the hotel is constantly busy becuase it is next to the convention center. I don't think they have made any major changes to it for over 10 years because they so busy there. Decisions!!!

IF SOMEONE WOULD JUST GIVE ME A DADGUM PIN CODE, I'D BOOK THE POLY AND THE GRAND CALIFORNIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :headache: :laughing: :laughing:

arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh! I can't stand it anymore!:lmao: Mark said last night after me rattling off prices of the two trips and different hotels for an hour..."Just make it happen and let me know how much money I need to make to pay for it." I'm driving everyone crazy. For myself, it's a very short trip to insanity.:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Okay, I'm going back to check out the GC, and see if there are any package deals.

Shelly-
we'll have to get together! I must take more than two pictures this time. I have to get a new camera for the trip. Mine is a Kodak and i hate it. I want a new small camera, that will go into my backpack and not take up so much room.

Jo

So here's a funny story!

Remember when DH got his promotion back in the fall? And he was told that he would have to travel for some training classes. Well we weren't too thrilled with the whole idea of him being gone, and he actually tried to back out of the position, but they wouldn't let him. Anyway, he was sure to tell them that he didn't want to travel in the spring because he coaches DS's soccer team, plus our Disney trip in May.

Well, he just got back from a week long training class near Dayton Ohio last week. So his boss comes up to him the other day and says - there's a 2 week class I'd like you to take in Cincinnati Ohio and I took the liberty of scheduling it for you - here's the dates - May 12-23. :scared1: :eek: So DH is freaking out a bit and says to his boss - I won't even be here the week of May 12-17. And his boss (not understanding what DH is getting at) says to him - no you won't be here (at work), you will be at school. DH is like - no you don't understand, I WILL BE IN FLORIDA!! He reminded him about how he already told him all about his scheduled vacation before he even took this job. Well, the company already paid something like $1200 for this class. :sad2: Without checking with him first!

So anyway, eventually it all worked out. . . And now it's a funny story, but it sure wasn't then! They ended up being able to reschedule his class at another campus of the school which is closer to home, near Harrisburg PA. And now it is in June, so the kids and I can go visit him! And it is fairly close to Hershey, so we can make our annual trip there and the hotel will be paid for! So it all worked out for the good! :wizard:

:eek:

Jo - My son had a great time. He was at New Life Ranch which I think is near your old stompin' grounds.

But he came home sick! :sick: :headache: :mad:

No sleep + cold weather = :sick:

My kids are out today for MLK day. I hope he can go to school tomorrow!

Shelly: I am glad your husband was able to straighten everything out!

NC: Sorry to hear that your son came home sick - hope he feels better soon.

Hello to all the new Mayers!

Evening Mayers! Full report of the day to come (homework comes first though :( )

Glad you're having a good day!

OK, it's official, we're booked up for WL May 12 - 18th! :cool1: I'm so excited! See you in the World!

Yay! :welcome: Hi 2moms!

Sulley: WOW - what a great trip report. I can't wait to read more and more of your experiences. Keep them coming! BTW, you can ride BTMR!!!!

Mari: I hope your new job is going well!

Shelly: Too bad you missed going to CEC...LOL!!! That place drives me insane.

Jo: I picked up some maps for you and will be sending them out tomorrow!
Congrats on Drew's soccer game! I bet your kids were bouncing off the walls when you told them about your Oct. trip.

Thanks Seacrest!! Your DL trippies are great too!

Good Morning MAYers! :goodvibes

How's everybody doing today?

Looks like we are going to get a heat wave here today - we may reach 30!!!! :rotfl: But of course with that comes the snow! :eek:

Today is the kids last day off school of their 4 day weekend. I'm hoping to get them outside for a little bit. It has been so cold all weekend so they've been stuck in the house and are driving each other (and me!) crazy!

Hi Sulley! :yay: Thanks for checking in! Can't wait to hear your next report. :wizard:

Mornin.

Please go away snow.:rotfl:

Disney Land, I can't wait to see you.:3dglasses

Hi to MAYers, everywhere!:snooty:

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter