MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was everyone's Sunday?

I went to my neighbor's 65th wedding anniversary celebration.

Thanks so much for the update Sulley. It sounds like you are having a wonderful start to your CP. I think some of us will be living vicariously through you.:lmao:

Keep the TR's coming.

All right, here's my mini-report of my time in WDW thus far :) PS...Really Long Post Ahead!!

My dad got up and drove me to the airport Tuesday morning, we managed to leave the house by 3:30, which was the goal. My flights were wonderfully uneventful, and I actually arrived at MCO about 20 min ahead of schedule. Since I hadn't eaten any real food since I left the house and it was now about 12:30, I decided to get some food before going to the DME desk. Had lunch at Chik-fil-a in the airport which was quite a treat since we don't have them back home.

I just love me some Chik-fil-a too! :thumbsup2

DME got me to the VWL around 1:45, and it only took about 10 minutes to check in. After dropping off my carryons in the room I headed over to MK. There really wasn't any crowds at all. My first ride was PotC, which is always my first. From there I wandered around some and rode Peter Pan, IASW, TTA, and Buzz. I was able to walk on to everything except Peter Pan, but even that only had a 15 minute or so wait.

For dinner I had a ADR at Crystal Palace, which was a really fun meal and all of the characters stopped by at least once.

I rarely will get to the park for rope drop and don't stay until closing ever, and this trip was no different. I like to take things slowly, and since I'm too much of a chicken to ride the popular rides, I don't have a lot of issues with lines. Also to save money, I decided not to get the DDP and only ate CS with the exception of CP the first night.

On Wednesday I went to DHS, which was also pretty empty, at least compared to previous trips. I'd only been there once before, I didn't go there the last two times, so I wanted to reacquaint myself with the park. The first ride I went on was The Great Movie Ride...I'd never been on it before, and on the way in, I got a Dream Fastpass!! It was a fun ride, and since I love classic movies, it was a neat way to see scene from some of them. I then went through the animation presentation and learn to draw a character session. I also saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Lights Motors Action which were great fun. The last thing I did at the park was go on the Backlot Tour. For lunch I had a turkey leg which was yummy.

DHS... Sulley you are so cool and politically correct! ;)

A Dream Fast Pass! Get out of town! That is totally cool! Did you feel like you won the lottery? Did you dance like this :banana: ?

The animation presentation is so cool! One night on our last trip, it was raining and we had the Fantasmic dinner package. Well we weren't sure if Fantasmic was going to show. So dd and I headed over to the animation thing and learned to draw like 5 Disney characters! It was the highlight of her trip! We just kept going out and back in! Are you going to frame your drawing?

After heading back to the hotel for an afternoon break I decided to go over to Capt. Cooke's at the Poly for dinner. I had the Multigrain Club which was great!

Thursday I went to Epcot, I started by riding Soarin' twice in about 30 minutes, then Livin With the Land and Soarin' again. I could ride Soarin' over and over and over again, without getting tired of it :).

Me too!

I then rode the newly refurbished Spaceship Earth. I really enjoyed the upgrades and think that Judi Dench does a great job narrating it. I then spent some time walking around World Showcase. I stopped in Norway for some School Bread, which was...interesting, and I rode Maelstrom.

If you can ride this, you can ride Big Thunder Mountain! :thumbsup2

I also rode Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico. I headed back to Future World and stopped at a hot dog stand for some lunch, where I met two girls who were on their first day of actual work for the college program...There were tons of CMs that had the "Earning My Ears" tag, most of them CPers. I rode Ellen's Energy Adventure after enjoying my hot dog.

That evening I went to DTD for Earl of Sandwich and some Chocolate, Peanut and Caramel coated marshmallows from Goofy's Candy Co.

Friday was another day at MK...I again started the day at PotC. I considered riding BTMRR (which is one of my goals for the next 8 months) and even went as far as getting a FP for it, but chickened out again....I WILL DO IT though. I did ride HM and survive, which was a big step for me. I grabbed lunch at Pinnochio's Village Haus. You would not believe the mess created when a 32oz soda falls and explodes out of the cup! There was soda EVERYWHERE!

You can do it Sulley! This is from a reformed chicken. I used to be afraid of EVERYTHING! (It's true! Shhhh! I just don't want the other MAYers to know!)

I also rode Dumbo and while waiting in line for it, it started raining again. I decided to go into Philharmagic and hopefully allow the rain to stop again. It was the first time I've watched it all the way through with the 3D glasses on. Normally I have to take them off, it's just too overstimulating. After coming out, it was still raining, so I decided to call it a day and head back to the resort.

My kids have trouble with those glasses too. :3dglasses

I grabbed dinner from Roaring Forks at the Lodge. I had their chili, which was really good!

Yesterday I planned on going to DAK, but when I woke up, it was sprinkling and just all around humid and yucky....I decided to go back to Capt. Cooke's and get a breakfast of Tonga Toast!!! If you like bananas, you have to try this! I rode the monorail back to the Contemp and took the boat back to the Lodge. I had already read the two books I brought with me, so I decided to go over to DTD again to the Virgin Megastore and see about getting another one.

After finding a book, I meandered around for a while and decided to go over to the Beach Club for lunch at Beaches and Cream....I had the Hot Roast Beef sandwich, which was very similar to a cheesesteak. The only problem was it filled me up so I didn't want any ice cream :)....I rode the boat over to DHS and grabbed the bus back to the WL. I needed to do laundry, so I started that and while it was drying, I decided to get in the pool....It was definitely warm enough yesterday and the water was really pleasant. After all the laundry was done, I turned on the TV to find that we were under a Tornado watch and that there was a Tornado warning to the west with a nasty line of storms heading the direction.

This happens a lot in the South. The other day when my BFF and I were looking for wedding dresses it was during tornado warnings.

I considered going to MK to grab some dinner, and decided against it, which was a good thing considering two minutes after I got back inside from the walkway to the dock, the skies opened up. I grabbed a sandwich and snacks from Roaring Forks, and checked out a couple movies to watch that evening and curled up to enjoy the evening.

This morning, it was chilly....It was definitely sweater weather for me, but nowhere near as cold as everyone else is. I checked out of VWL and checked into the CR. I've got a room on the 8th floor with an AWESOME view of the castle (definitely will have pics of this)...and I'm just spending the day relaxing before the insanity of tomorrow hits....The parks, especially MK are super busy today. There was a definite upswing in crowds starting Friday afternoon, the transportation got a lot busier and the parks just look a lot more crowded.

All right....end of report....sorry for it being sooooo long! :)

It too eat a lot of counter service at WDW. I just don't like to spend all of my time sitting at the table, when I could be out riding rides or seeing shows or just soaking up the magic!

I love the CR. How is it since the remodel?

Have a great first week!

Can't wait to hear about your job!

Just remember, you are no longer just a receiver of magic, but a giver of magic which is a very special thing!

Insanely jealous,
Newcrew

I went to my neighbor's 65th wedding anniversary celebration.

That sounds like fun! 65 years! That is a long time.

I went with my BFF to try on our dresses since they have been altered and they fit great!

We then went to Dillard's where they had Uggs on sale for 50% off. We both bought a pair. :scared1:

Not sure if I am keeping them. I may be too old to wear them. I just don't know. :confused3

That sounds like fun! 65 years! That is a long time.

I went with my BFF to try on our dresses since they have been altered and they fit great!

We then went to Dillard's where they had Uggs on sale for 50% off. We both bought a pair. :scared1:

Not sure if I am keeping them. I may be too old to wear them. I just don't know. :confused3

Most people at there party probably weren't over 65! It was fun. They had her wedding dress (she got it for 65 dollars) and his army uniform they got married in. They had lots of pictures there too. There was a picture of his great grandparents from like 1871! :scared1:

I have yet to get a pair of Ugg boots. They aren't really my style. But at 50% off you can't beat that!

Sunday was nice and relaxxing here! We ran out only once today to get the baby a swing, since we finally found one we like and it's portable yay!

Hey my Sunday was great me my dh and dd stayed home all day. We were bums all day long. we haven't had one of those in a very LONG time.
So we have decided to cancel all our lunch adr's to have more time for the parks.

I finally start my new job tommorrow. Wish me luck. After not working since Nov its gonna be hard. I will check-in in the am. Good night my layers.

Hey my Sunday was great me my dh and dd stayed home all day. We were bums all day long. we haven't had one of those in a very LONG time.
So we have decided to cancel all our lunch adr's to have more time for the parks.

I finally start my new job tommorrow. Wish me luck. After not working since Nov its gonna be hard. I will check-in in the am. Good night my layers.

Congratulations!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Dh is off today so I am about to hop in the shower and go out early with my mom to make a trip to AC Moore. I need crafts for Isabelle's bday party.

I am doing it at home for about 22 kids. I themed it for a valentine's birthday ball. :lovestruc She is so excited.

Most people at there party probably weren't over 65! It was fun. They had her wedding dress (she got it for 65 dollars) and his army uniform they got married in. They had lots of pictures there too. There was a picture of his great grandparents from like 1871! :scared1:

I have yet to get a pair of Ugg boots. They aren't really my style. But at 50% off you can't beat that!

Don't Worry Uggs are for anyone... they are SO comfortable..... Wear them with pride....

Good Morning Everyone!

Dh is off today so I am about to hop in the shower and go out early with my mom to make a trip to AC Moore. I need crafts for Isabelle's bday party.

I am doing it at home for about 22 kids. I themed it for a valentine's birthday ball. :lovestruc She is so excited.

That sounds cute it should be exciting....

Mornin' Mayers!! Just poppin in for a minute before I check out and head to Vista Way to check in :)

I just love me some Chik-fil-a too! :thumbsup2

DHS... Sulley you are so cool and politically correct! ;)

A Dream Fast Pass! Get out of town! That is totally cool! Did you feel like you won the lottery? Did you dance like this :banana: ?

The animation presentation is so cool! One night on our last trip, it was raining and we had the Fantasmic dinner package. Well we weren't sure if Fantasmic was going to show. So dd and I headed over to the animation thing and learned to draw like 5 Disney characters! It was the highlight of her trip! We just kept going out and back in! Are you going to frame your drawing?

Me too!

If you can ride this, you can ride Big Thunder Mountain! :thumbsup2

You can do it Sulley! This is from a reformed chicken. I used to be afraid of EVERYTHING! (It's true! Shhhh! I just don't want the other MAYers to know!)

My kids have trouble with those glasses too. :3dglasses

This happens a lot in the South. The other day when my BFF and I were looking for wedding dresses it was during tornado warnings.

It too eat a lot of counter service at WDW. I just don't like to spend all of my time sitting at the table, when I could be out riding rides or seeing shows or just soaking up the magic!

I love the CR. How is it since the remodel?

Have a great first week!

Can't wait to hear about your job!

Just remember, you are no longer just a receiver of magic, but a giver of magic which is a very special thing!

Insanely jealous,
Newcrew

Hey NC....Thanks for the encouragement....I will definitely try BTMRR soon. I never stayed at the CR before the remodel, but I love the decor of post-remodel. The pre-remodel decor was a bit scary looking to me. I loved having quick access to the monorail, even for just a day....It was nice being able to hop to one of the other resorts to grab lunch or dinner....And the view of Wishes was awesome!

Congrats Mari!!! Good luck today.

Morning all..... I"m off to see how the new job FINALLY is.....i'm not complaining but after getting paid for 2 months without working it's hard to go back and actually earn your paycheck... i'll check in from work.... TTYL

Best wishes for a day fo success at the new job! :thumbsup2

Good Morning Everyone!

That sounds so cute! :lovestruc Have fun!

Good Morning MAYers! :goodvibes

OMG guess who I just ran into on another thread???

MarcyinPA!!! :yay: I told her to stop by the MAYer thread and check in! :snooty:

I'm north of Pittsburgh too!

JO - We have another MAYer neighbor!! :cool1:

Drew made 3 goals yesterday in soccer. Belle just ran after the ball.:goodvibes She is feeling bit better.
Shelly, glad your little one is feeling better. I hate winter and all the gross stuff that goes around.

Oh holy cow, I forgot to tell you all...
We told the kids last night about the October trip!!!!
We decided to just tell them everything, including the trip to see the Gators play football. We told them at supper. Mark said "We have a secret to tell you." Mary Cat looked at me like "I hope you aren't pregnant." :laughing:

They were shocked, in disbelief. Mary Cat was so excited she got up early and made us coffee!!!!!!!:rotfl2: What a sweet daughter.:rotfl:

I started something with them a month ago, for them to earn money for the trip.
At the beginning of every month, they are given $20 each. All they have to do is keep their rooms and bathroom clean. For every day it doesn't get done, they owe "the bank" (me) $1. At the end of the month, whatever is left over is theirs to keep. So far they have been pretty good.

Drew has lost $2, and Belle has lost $3. Mary Cat, the miser, hasn't lost a penny. :laughing:
What ever they get between now and then is their spending money. I told them they have the potential of earning a ton of money, so we'll see.

Jo

:cheer2: YAY for Drew!! He must be an awesome soccer player!!
Glad to hear Belle is feeling better.

I had a feeling that you would be telling the kids about the trip!! :yay: I wish I could have seen their sweet little faces!! I bet they were so happy! :) :) :) (We have got to get together again soon!)

That is so funny about the kids and the money!! :lmao: I just told my kids the other day that I was going to start taking a dollar from them everytime they leave a mess around the house! (They each already have over $100 saved for the trip!)

[/QUOTE]

Morning all..... I"m off to see how the new job FINALLY is.....i'm not complaining but after getting paid for 2 months without working it's hard to go back and actually earn your paycheck... i'll check in from work.... TTYL

Good luck at work Mari! :wizard: Let us know how it's going.

We didn't do much yesterday. After church DH asked if I wanted to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese since they were so good at church. (There was no children's church yesterday so they had to sit through the whole sermon.) Usually they get bored and complain and when there's no children's church, but they sat like angels yesterday. So anyway, I just didn't have it in me to go back out and make the trip to CEC, it was so cold! So we just hung out around the house all day. We did end up running over to the outlet mall to the food court to get a snack in the middle of the day!

Yay Pittsburgh! Boo, cold weather.
I mean it. I am miserable. I knew I would be. Mark came in from the gym at 7am and took one look at me and said "oh no". I hate winter. Hate, Hate, hate winter. At least the sun is shining today.

Belle is feeling rotten. No fever, just coughing and yucky. I guess she will miss today's school. I hate not to send her, but it is so cold and miserable out there.

Drew IS a great soccer player. I hate to brag, you know how you always feel like your own child is awesome, but I mean it, the kid has natural talent. The first week, the man sitting next to us was astounded at him. He said when Drew gets into High school, he wanted to be his negotiator. :lmao: Saturday, one man looked at me and said "Is that your son", and when I said yes, he wanted to know how long he'd been playing and said that he thought Drew had amazing talent. I just laugh, b/c I've always thought he was talented, but to hear other people bragging about your child is kind of strange, but in a good way. This is only his second season playing. He gets it from Mark, who was a great player in HS, but never played in College although given scollarships. It definitely didn't come from cheerleader joBird.;)

I called CRO to see if there were any pins attached to my name, b/c last night, Mark decided that he wants to stay at the Poly for crying out loud.:headache: No codes.:sad2: I want a dadgum code!!!!!!!!:laughing:
So, for now, POFQ it is. Oh well.

Seacrest, how was DL this weekend?

Sulley- have fun moving and learning! I am so excited for you!

Mari- hope your day goes well. Hope you enjoy it more than the old place.

Huggie- I love Valentines Day!!! It's my favorite. I always get up early and make breakfast in bed for the girls; Drew gets his at the table, but it is a big deal around here. Lots of pastries, cupcakes, candy, roses for the girls... french toast cut out in the shape of hearts...loads of fun. My Mom started the tradition, and I've kept it up. Your birthday party sounds sooo cute. Love it.

New crew-did your son make it back home? how was his trip?

I have to get out and go to the store. I am not looking forward to it, but Belle needs medicine.

TTYL,
Jo

Yay Pittsburgh! Boo, cold weather.
I mean it. I am miserable. I knew I would be. Mark came in from the gym at 7am and took one look at me and said "oh no". I hate winter. Hate, Hate, hate winter. At least the sun is shining today.

Belle is feeling rotten. No fever, just coughing and yucky. I guess she will miss today's school. I hate not to send her, but it is so cold and miserable out there.

Drew IS a great soccer player. I hate to brag, you know how you always feel like your own child is awesome, but I mean it, the kid has natural talent. The first week, the man sitting next to us was astounded at him. He said when Drew gets into High school, he wanted to be his negotiator. :lmao: Saturday, one man looked at me and said "Is that your son", and when I said yes, he wanted to know how long he'd been playing and said that he thought Drew had amazing talent. I just laugh, b/c I've always thought he was talented, but to hear other people bragging about your child is kind of strange, but in a good way. This is only his second season playing. He gets it from Mark, who was a great player in HS, but never played in College although given scollarships. It definitely didn't come from cheerleader joBird.;)

I called CRO to see if there were any pins attached to my name, b/c last night, Mark decided that he wants to stay at the Poly for crying out loud.:headache: No codes.:sad2: I want a dadgum code!!!!!!!!:laughing:
So, for now, POFQ it is. Oh well.

Seacrest, how was DL this weekend?

Sulley- have fun moving and learning! I am so excited for you!

Mari- hope your day goes well. Hope you enjoy it more than the old place.

Huggie- I love Valentines Day!!! It's my favorite. I always get up early and make breakfast in bed for the girls; Drew gets his at the table, but it is a big deal around here. Lots of pastries, cupcakes, candy, roses for the girls... french toast cut out in the shape of hearts...loads of fun. My Mom started the tradition, and I've kept it up. Your birthday party sounds sooo cute. Love it.

New crew-did your son make it back home? how was his trip?

I have to get out and go to the store. I am not looking forward to it, but Belle needs medicine.

TTYL,
Jo

That is great that Drew is so great at soccer. You must be one proud mama.

Sorry Bella is sick. Hope she is feeling better.

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday too. I am making a 3 layer heart cake, heart brownies, heart lollipops. I am also making heart sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. I hope it all works out. I am trying to save some money by doing the party at home. That way I can get the girls a swing set this summer:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter