May 2018 AP Rates

Hard to believe they haven't posted AP discounts yet. Already booked for May but, would love to save some more than the fun and sun discount.

I'm in the same boat! I'm currently booked through a TA but would like to see what other resorts and room categories might become available with the AP discount. Fingers crossed that we'll see something soon!

I booked sun and fun at POR because I got sick of waiting for AP discounts and wanted to lock something in for our Anniversary weekend trip. Still stalking for that AP discount to maybe change to a deluxe.

i figured the King of Naboombu would get complimentary use of presidential suites across the property!pirate:

Come on, it's Disney. Iger would probably require a down payment from Walt's ghost for haunting the resorts and parks, and then charge him later for trespassing. :duck:

But on a serious note...where are those AP rates? Because my family upgraded to APs during our trip last week, this will be the year that all AP benefits and discounts will be taken away. Ha!

This constant checking giving me nightmares lol looking at end of April/May. I dreamt that AP rates were <$100 a night and that I missed it!

Booked my dates through a TA, because there's no way I'm hinging my vacation on whether or what Disney decides to do. I encourage others to do the same because some of you seem outright clinical at this point. :tongue:

I was told by CM to keep checking. She said she gave up a long time ago trying to figure out Marketing's strategy.
I called and a CM told me that they should be released within the next few weeks, and to keep checking. She also said I could book something now and then apply the rate, but a lot of times the discounts only apply to certain rooms at some resorts, so I will wait. I live close enough to drive, and have AP, so I don’t have to book at any specific time, but I am trying to meet family from NY there, so I still like the discounts to be released soon.

This constant checking giving me nightmares lol looking at end of April/May. I dreamt that AP rates were <$100 a night and that I missed it!

Thank God I'm not the only one that has vacation nightmares! I seriously just had a dream that we went to the wrong park (water park instead of HS) and all my fast pass plans were ruined. :scared:

I was thinking maybe they will release the AP discounts on 2/03 or 2/04 because one of the other promotions expires that day. I don't know why I'm trying to apply logic where there isn't any.

This is getting ridiculous! I am waiting and waiting and waiting with you guys. I have a feeling a lot of people are also waiting and there will be a mad dash when the AP booking opens up! Hope everyone gets what and where they want!

I've been checking every day for a month. I do kind of feel like a stalker. Tomorrow at 5 a.m. i head out for a week without internet access, so i can pretty much guarantee that's when they'll be released! :rotfl:we have a very nice offsite booked at a very reasonable rate, but I'd still rather be onsite if a decent deal comes around.

I’m waiting too! All I want is one night (April 18th) to extend my DVC rental trip by a day. Praying something good at Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary becomes available soon!!!

I called and a CM told me that they should be released within the next few weeks, and to keep checking. She also said I could book something now and then apply the rate, but a lot of times the discounts only apply to certain rooms at some resorts, so I will wait. I live close enough to drive, and have AP, so I don’t have to book at any specific time, but I am trying to meet family from NY there, so I still like the discounts to be released soon.
I gotta say, the CM you got that said "within the next few weeks" was right. I'm sure they will be. Granted, that answer is pretty meaningless as "the next few weeks" is as vague an answer as there is

Just curious, and honest question here, why do you (or any others who are calling) call and ask the CM? Do you really think they know?
Because I'm positive they have no clue when Disney plans to release the AP rates. No more than we do. Disney doesn't share their plans for future promos with the phone reservation CM.

But lets be honest here, how often have they NOT had a Promo? Just the week between Christmas and New Years, as far as I know. There's been a promo of some sort every other day. As long as you are willing to be flexible.
I'm waiting and checking right there with everyone else. I check each morning and each evening.

I was thinking maybe they will release the AP discounts on 2/03 or 2/04 because one of the other promotions expires that day. I don't know why I'm trying to apply logic where there isn't any.

I concur with the theory-- plus the previous AP discounts were released on the 3rd of the month...but who knows! :dogdance:

Booked my dates through a TA, because there's no way I'm hinging my vacation on whether or what Disney decides to do. I encourage others to do the same because some of you seem outright clinical at this point. :tongue:
I already did the same for the first part of my split stay. And I booked the remainder at an offsite hotel.

If/when the AP discounts do get released, I have a feeling it will be too little and too late, as by then many of us will have booked elsewhere.

Sure, the day(s) AFTER Groundhog Day. I just pictured all of us in the Bill Murray movie of the same name, except the recurring situation is every phone call to a CM regarding AP rates ends with "They will DEFINITELY be released tomorrow. Please check back on February 3rd." And, of course, at midnight it resets back to February 2nd all over again. And again....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter