***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

So excited but nervous..we will have our 20 month olds (mine and my sisters) - we are watching youtube videos of rides and character meetings..so hope they aren't too scared

We got a spot at the end of the route, near the theatre. There were lots of spots still left even just before the parade was about to start (except it takes about 15 minutes to get to that spot)!

thanks for the input.. this saves me the stres of deciding if i want to book a diking package... having a 5 month old i dont want to pay and then ahve to move if my baby start crying... so a good spot on the sidewalk should be ok

Any confirmation if it is a typo/dupe if the weekend of May 19 and May 20 are not gradnights? Worried about crowds

So I'll be there Thursday through Sunday for my birthday weekend/mother's day weekend like I have the past few years. Only difference is no Tink this year. Really bummed about that, but oh well. It is what it is.

Really feeling so stressed over it all, though. Transmission just went on my car after they told me it was fine (rocker arm pressure switch and fuel cap were the culprits I was told last week Friday). My mom just bought a new car this past weekend so we've got transportation at least to drive down from NorCal, but with it being my actual birthday tomorrow this is just overwhelming and beyond stressful.

I always look forward to Disney trips. They are always needed. But I have never needed one as much as I do right now :(.

If anyone happens to see me (can't miss the girl with a panda balanced on her head), I could use hugs. I also have Tsum Tsum stickers to give to anyone who wants one (I usually hand them out to kids in lines after getting parent permission, but will give to anyone who wants one while I still have a stock of them).

... If anyone happens to see me (can't miss the girl with a panda balanced on her head), I could use hugs...

Magical Happy Birthday Wishes for your special day tomorrow! We're are going to try to squeeze in a park visit this weekend (we need it badly, too -- must be something in the air or the weather or something!). If we spot you, get ready for a big hug! (If we don't spot you, consider yourself virtually hugged already!)

Here now waiting to go in to the PtN Sonoma Terrace reception. We got in line @ 7:40 (starts at 8pm), we are 9-10th group in line. There were prime spots (across from the Sonoma Terrace, right next to and behind the trash can ;)) at 7:50.

Parks have been more crowded than any May we have been here for - we usually travel May and Oct and were here last May, same dates. Grad nite day was very busy. Lots of kids in DL but all very well behaved. Play Parade has been super packed - for both times it runs. We are doing the Plaza Inn package on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were scorchers, in the low 90's which toasted my mountain weather butt.

Watched fireworks from the F! section, good for the projections, not for the fireworks. Will try to catch them tomorrow from Main St.

Last edited:
Here now waiting to go in to the PtN Sonoma Terrace reception. We got in line @ 7:40 (starts at 8pm), we are 9-10th group in line. There were prime spots (across from the Sonoma Terrace, right next to and behind the trash can ;)) at 7:50.

Parks have been more crowded than any May we have been here for - we usually travel May and Oct and we're here last May, same dates. Grad nite day was very busy. Lots of kids in DL but all very well behaved. Play Parade has been super packed - for both times it runs. We are doing the Plaza Inn package on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were scorchers, in the low 90's which toasted my mountain weather butt.

Watched fireworks from the F! section, good for the projections, not for the fireworks. Will try to catch them tomorrow from Main St.

Thanks for the info! So it looks like the new packages didn't really affect the crowds for grad nite huh? Glad they are well behaved at least. I was hoping it was just DCA that was crowded and it was ok in DL. Did you have a F! package?

Thanks for the info! So it looks like the new packages didn't really affect the crowds for grad nite huh? Glad they are well behaved at least. I was hoping it was just DCA that was crowded and it was ok in DL. Did you have a F! package?
Yes, we did the BB package. The cushions are cute, the space filled up - some ppl were talking about leaving and getting their money back since there were no spots for their family. We had a wheelchair, plus 2 ppl either lesser mobility issues who could not sit on thr ground. I had read that they would be able to stand in the back. Not true, everybody has to sit. Our party was split at the last second and we did not watch it together.

Last edited:
Just wanted to report how I felt last weekend was. We arrived Saturday May 5th for three nights and four days. I didn’t feel the parks were overly crowded on Saturday and Sunday. Grad night definitely had groups of hs students in both parks and bat day attracted a noticeable group for the event but the crowds were very tolerable, no major congestion. Monday and tuesday however were far more crowded. It was not much fun being in the parks due to the crowds. Example- toy story was a 45 min wait at rope drop. We had early access Monday morning but toy story not open till park opened to general public. We were ahead of all the rope drop folks and still waited 45 mins. someone told me that parks can be a lot more crowded during the week now that the ticket prices are less on the weekdays.

I keep seeing pictures of them, so I am assuming they are! My husband plans to get one on Sunday. :)
No Dole Whip donuts, was told they have not had them in 3 weeks. They did have smores donut that was very good. They also had the maple bacon one.

Last edited:
No Dole Whip donuts, was told they have not had them in 3 weeks. They did have stores donut that was very good. They also had the maple bacon one.
Yeah, we looked and they were not there. I assumed they were sold out. He would have gladly eaten one with bacon though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter