***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

An hour before PtN, Hollywood are is full. SoSis the fountain area. The are yellow Mickey popcorn buckets infront of Elias & co.

Yes, we did the BB package. The cushions are cute, the space filled up - some ppl were talking about leaving and getting their money back since there were no spots for their family. We had a wheelchair, plus 2 ppl either lesser mobility issues who could not sit on thr ground. I had read that they would be able to stand in the back. Not true, everybody has to sit. Our party was split at the last second and we did not watch it together.

Thank you for this update. If you haven't already done so, you might want to post this in the F! Dining Package thread, too. It seems that so many CM decisions in the Dining Package viewing areas are made day of and show by show based on how crowded the sections are. So different guests can have completely different experiences.

Last edited:

Today was (well still is since we will be in the parks until 11) great. It is sunny but not too hot, DL was empty until around 1pm. We walked on Hyperspace, Star Tours, HM, Buzz, all of Fantasyland. Did Autopia and got my license :car:

After that it has not been too bad, 20-30 minute waits. Went to Trader Sam's for lunch - they did not have any souvenir mugs! I heard a guest say he had been trying to get a mug the last few days but he was told the whole shipment of mugs got broken.

Going to Pizza Press for dinner and then back to DL for fireworks.
I'll post some pics of the view from the F! area and from outside the gates (which has a better view of the fireworks than the F! area).
We are leaving for Disneyland in 2 weeks and I really want to try this.
It was really good. Today I had the lemon churro, it was ok but will not have it again. I still have to find the Coco one, saw the carrot churro but I passed ;)

Will i be able to book a package to watch the DAY PARADE if I find it super duper packed and wnat to book someting once i am there next week?
How long do I need to CAMP or save a spot for the PIXAR DAY parade and for PtN?

Will i be able to book a package to watch the DAY PARADE if I find it super duper packed and wnat to book someting once i am there next week?
How long do I need to CAMP or save a spot for the PIXAR DAY parade and for PtN?
I did the 6pm Pixar Play Parade - I waited maybe 45 minutes and there were plenty of front row spots available if you wanted to sit in the sun near ISW. I had an umbrella so I took a sunny spot- soon people sat next to me.

tip for sitting - I bought https://www.rei.com/product/845302/rei-co-op-sit-pad and it saved my butt for sitting on the ground for so long.

Ugh. I shouldn't be surprised, but Disney botched the wristband distribution this morning for the Disney Channel FanFest stuff.

I'm a huge DuckTales fan and was really looking forward to it. Then I found out through comments that a certain voice actor was drawing a lot of attention to the event. I hoped it wouldn't be too much of an impact, but I was wrong.

They told us that anyone who ran would be disqualified from getting one. People ran, pushed, and shoved their way ahead only to still be given wristbands. No crowd control at all and no enforcement of rules just stated.

I just sighed and walked away (one guy went off on the CMs about the people that ran and cut ahead of those of us that had been there longer). Sent my complaints to Disney about the way it was handled and to please try to offer better support next time so those of us that actually got there before several people don't get left out because no consequences were given for breaking the rules. Those of us that walked were SOL.

No AP buckets, no Tink race, two grad nights, and rule breakers rewarded. On top of everything else? Honestly been probably my worst Disney vacation ever. I know I went into this weekend already hugely stressed to my breaking point and beyond, but Disney usually helps. All it's done is give me more to be upset about and it's taking everything I have to not just break down and cry again like I have at several points this past week.

I give up. I can't win this week if Disney can't even make it better. :crutches:

Sorry for whining :(

Rule breakers and scalpers: my least favorite things to deal with at Disney parks. I'm sorry Kender... I know the feeling all too well. :hug: People really make it their mission to find a way around Disneys low key enforcement - and acting up seems to be rewarded.

I am so sorry Kender. That totally stinks. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. I can't stand the rule breakers and it's so upsetting when Disney rewards them. Wish I could give you a big hug. Hope things go better for you soon. :(.

Last edited:
Thank you, all. I will always take all hugs. For real. I'll answer to Kender even in person or Jessica.

Making it worse is a friend got pixie dusted with a wristband (someone got it and couldn't go) and the knowledge if situations were reversed, I'd have given it to her without hesitation is not helping my feelings of defeat. Not that I expected her to, but she doesn't really think about others or the fact it would have meant everything to me to have one thing go right during my birthday week that has been nothing but trauma after trauma. Even just an acknowledgement that she was sorry I couldn't go, but she could. Nothing. Just that she was so excited and freaking out. I'm trying not to be bitter, but I am as it's not the first time.

We leave tomorrow early afternoon at latest. Maybe earlier. I've never just wanted to go home from a Disney trip :(

Maybe I'll get lucky with at least fireworks tonight.

Wall-e ears at Mad Hatter's! Have not seen Eve but will look around.

Edit- Eve is at DCA, Elias & Co.

LGM light up cups are back in stock, saw CMs putting them out this morning.

Last edited:
We leave this SATURDAY.... CAN BELIVE Time went by so so so fast.

BTW.. what is that disneychanel fan fest?
Seems crazy and I want to avoid it

Last edited:
We leave this SATURDAY.... CAN BELIVE Time went by so so so fast.

BTW.. what is that disneychanel fan fest?
Seems crazy and I want to avoid it

We leave Saturday tooooo!! Woohooo!

and following re: disney channel question

Btw... can somone be kind enough to explain to me once and for all what this rope drop thing is.
I will be there with my wife,my 2 year old and my 7 month old.. how crazy will this be?

Yesterday was one of the least busy days we have had so far this year with our APs. We have been in late Dec, early and late Jan, Feb and March. I was surprised since the constraint refrain here is that SUNDAYS ARE AWFUL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter