• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2018 Discounts

And they seem to be less lucrative and less widespread than in past years. Hoping ap discounts pan out a bit better. Yikes.

And they seem to be less lucrative and less widespread than in past years. Hoping ap discounts pan out a bit better. Yikes.
Yeah I booked an AK Jambo deluxe villa for 20% off but really hoping for at least another 10% with AP which will cover our flights. Usually we’re value resort people but stayed at AK lodge last year for our 20th and now nothing else will do.

We booked last year when they were offering the gift card for staying at CBR. WE booked for this May knowing we wouldn't be able to go until then. I'm jumping around looking at dates and I can't find anything other than pirate rooms available. I figure I'll give them a call at 7 and see if they have anything available for our dates. I figured I'd have to call anyway, but was surprised to see the modify option on our reservation.

I am not into the pirate rooms, even with two sons. And riverside only discounted royal rooms! Anyone seen anything different for Disney visa customers?

Did anyone get lucky?

I missed it. Bummed, but it was only $100 cheaper for us. Staying at ASMo. Oh well. :/ I hope you all had better luck. :)

I am very happy that we booked with our TA. This offer does not come close to what we booked through them for our April/May trip...
Good luck to everyone!!!

i was actually able to cancel my previous reservation and rebook with close to 20 percent savings so i am pretty pleased. we had 2 rooms booked as we are visiting the parks with family members so i was glad i woke up early this time : )

Not sure what you mean by this...but I just called and was told no. I am however recalling to make sure because she sounded incompetent...

Edit, so just a 20% disc on my Beach Club, but saved me 1000 bucks...I have a feeling maybe AP Rates are changing...hope not thou

Last edited:
the other day i called and tried to book our vacation. the cs rep said there were no rooms available for our dates. i told her i had them in my cart. she stayed on the phone with me as i booked online. she still said it showed no rooms available and said isn't that funny? i didn't really find it funny because i expected to have an easier time just calling as i needed 2 rooms. i guess what i am saying is that sometimes booking online seems to work better for me. i don't know why the cs reps are not able to help sometimes but i have found that to be the case recently.

the other day i called and tried to book our vacation. the cs rep said there were no rooms available for our dates. i told her i had them in my cart. she stayed on the phone with me as i booked online. she still said it showed no rooms available and said isn't that funny? i didn't really find it funny because i expected to have an easier time just calling as i needed 2 rooms. i guess what i am saying is that sometimes booking online seems to work better for me. i don't know why the cs reps are not able to help sometimes but i have found that to be the case recently.
This is why if you are looking for a AP rate and some are getting it, and if you get a castmemeber that says they are not out....I always call back, because out of my 20, 30 years of dealing with AP Rates, half the time they are unaware when the rates do come out.....you don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell them they are out. As far as your call Elizabethswan, you probably had a CSR who is not on property, they have flow over call centers and those people are answering calls from home. They don’t have all the same system that is limited

This is why if you are looking for a AP rate and some are getting it, and if you get a castmemeber that says they are not out....I always call back, because out of my 20, 30 years of dealing with AP Rates, half the time they are unaware when the rates do come out.....you don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell them they are out. As far as your call Elizabethswan, you probably had a CSR who is not on property, they have flow over call centers and those people are answering calls from home. They don’t have all the same system that is limited
you are probably right on this. fwiw, the rate i booked online was fun in the sun, the new rate that just dropped this morning. i wonder if AP rates are out too?

you are probably right on this. fwiw, the rate i booked online was fun in the sun, the new rate that just dropped this morning. i wonder if AP rates are out too?
No, they are not out.....I booked with Sun and fun and saved $1000 at the Beach Club which is 2o% off....it’s ok, but I want the AP rate

I was able to change our reservation to the fun in the sun special. It saved us $1500, but I also noticed the room package went up $800 :headache:...so I only saved around 10%

ive called 3 times...the music stops playing and I keep getting disconnected. grrrr. tried to mofiy online and it shows a discount then goes away. I guess I will keep attempting with the phone :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter