May and June having AK morning EMH everyday?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I just checked the calendar on the hours for the parks and noticed AK is having EMH from 8:00 am to 9:00 am I think everyday. I did not check everyday but several and they all had EMH.
Do you think they will change July's hours to have AK EMH everyday?

I wonder if that was meant to be a switch to 8:00 am opens every day...

I would expect whatever they do in June to also happen in July... but who knows. If it truly is an EMH, I suppose they may stop in in July when the EMH is added at DHS to accommodate the Toy Story Land crowds.

Ugh...while this is exciting; I now must go back and redo my plans yet once again.

What to do? This means no club level breakfast because we now have to be at the bus stop by 7:15-7:20

:sad2:>:(o_O

Wow, that must be a new update I think (?). That’s a crazy almost non-stop streak of AK AM EMHs those two months!

My guess is it won’t continue into July since that’s when we have nearly non-stop AM EMHs at HS already on the schedule for July-most of August. But who knows.

I wonder if that was meant to be a switch to 8:00 am opens every day...

I would expect whatever they do in June to also happen in July... but who knows. If it truly is an EMH, I suppose they may stop in in July when the EMH is added at DHS to accommodate the Toy Story Land crowds.
They have already added the EMH for HS in July.

Wow, that must be a new update I think (?). That’s a crazy almost non-stop streak of AK AM EMHs those two months!

My guess is it won’t continue into July since that’s when we have nearly non-stop AM EMHs at HS already on the schedule for July-most of August. But who knows.
I never thought of that. Yes they may not have it in July since HS will start EMH.

Argh. I just spotted that. I'm not used to May getting all these early hours. It's really messing with my plans. The plan had been to hit the park around 8:30 to hit Navi and then go to our 9:15 FOP FP. Can anyone tell me what the waits look like toward the end of EMH for Navi? If it's still 20 mins or less I might stick with our plan. We are already lapping AK twice, I don't want to make it a 3rd time to have something to do between Navi at RD and FOP at 9:15.

And we have Tusker House ROL dining package. It was already iffy for the kids to make it that late. Not happening if we start early. Need to look at a mid-afternoon break.

Disney, it would help a lot if you would decide these things before I have to make FPs.

Disney, it would help a lot if you would decide these things before I have to make FPs.
Agree....however, this may actually help! Plan next week was to RD Navi then 9:15 FP for Safari before our 10:30 Tour. Maybe now we can squeeze in something else during EMH. That is if I can convince wife to be there that early! LOL

Agree....however, this may actually help! Plan next week was to RD Navi then 9:15 FP for Safari before our 10:30 Tour. Maybe now we can squeeze in something else during EMH. That is if I can convince wife to be there that early! LOL

I'm thinking of trying to do Navi then go over to hit the Safari (switch the 10:30 Safari FP to something else), come back for FOP and then go counterclockwise around the park from there. I would love to go ride EE a bunch of times during EMH but it feels too far.

Man, this REALLY stinks if you are offsite... no way to get a FP and no way to rope drop it if there's EMH every single morning.

We are staying offsite end of May/beginning of June. I'm hoping it is a glitch or error, and they will be 8 am openings. If not, I will keep checking for FP and if that doesn't work, we will get in line 10 minutes before park closing.

We have a 8:10 Tusker House breakfast scheduled with a ROL dining package. Is it a horrible idea to keep it if we aren't interested in FOP or Navi during EMH? Will they let us in slightly before everyone entering for EMH if we have an ADR?

Man, this REALLY stinks if you are offsite... no way to get a FP and no way to rope drop it if there's EMH every single morning.
Yep, we were going to RD AK 6/28 and now there are 8am EMH. Is it pointless to arrive early for 9am RD in the hopes of riding FoP?

Last edited:
Is Kilimanjaro Safari open during EMH?

The website is showing KS opens at 9:00am.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter