May and June having AK morning EMH everyday?

Any suggestions on what time we should get to Animal Kingdom if we want to rope drop FoP during the new EMH? We're going to be there May 7 & 8 (a Monday & Tuesday). Before they added the EMH, we were planning to get to the park at about 8am for the 9am opening. With EMH, is it really necessary for us to be there by 7am?

I'm assuming probably better to be safe and get there at or before 7am... :scared:

I was actually hoping for some later AK park hours. I'm assuming since they're doing morning EMH every day AK will be closing at 9 every night??

Any suggestions on what time we should get to Animal Kingdom if we want to rope drop FoP during the new EMH? We're going to be there May 7 & 8 (a Monday & Tuesday). Before they added the EMH, we were planning to get to the park at about 8am for the 9am opening. With EMH, is it really necessary for us to be there by 7am?

I'm assuming probably better to be safe and get there at or before 7am... :scared:
From what I have read yes an hour early for FOP but not for Navi.

I was actually hoping for some later AK park hours. I'm assuming since they're doing morning EMH every day AK will be closing at 9 every night??
This is what I have been hoping for also. I mean in the summer it is only starting to get dark about what 8:30? For people to enjoy the tree of life and Pandora lite up along with seeing ROL it has to be dark.

This is what I have been hoping for also. I mean in the summer it is only starting to get dark about what 8:30? For people to enjoy the tree of life and Pandora lite up along with seeing ROL it has to be dark.

I know, right. I've planned an evening there just because we've never seen AK past noon! lol Exaggerating a little but we used to be done by 1-2 at the latest. It gets sooo hot in that park we've never been able to hang there from open till close even when it closed at 5 or 6. Our last day, I've got a pool day planned then our first FP+ isn't until 5 and we're there till closing....whatever time they run us out!

When is your trip? June hours haven't really been extended yet (other than this AK EMH) so there is still hope.

When is your trip? June hours haven't really been extended yet (other than this AK EMH) so there is still hope.

We'll be there June 2nd - 8th. Our AK days are June 5th and 7th. Crossing my fingers for a 10pm close at least!

Hey! I heard it's really really dark in some spots so maybe we can hide and pull an all nighter! lol j/k of course

We'll be there June 2nd - 8th. Our AK days are June 5th and 7th. Crossing my fingers for a 10pm close at least!

Hey! I heard it's really really dark in some spots so maybe we can hide and pull an all nighter! lol j/k of course
The last two Junes have had extended AK night hours, so hopefully its a trend! It really is beautiful at night!

I would be really surprised if they didn't extend the hours. Like another poster said, how can you really enjoy Pandora at night if it doesn't get dark until 9:00? Also, maybe it's my imagination, but I thought RoL was listed as starting at 9:15 on Disney's website, but I don't see it listed AT ALL now. :confused3

I would be really surprised if they didn't extend the hours. Like another poster said, how can you really enjoy Pandora at night if it doesn't get dark until 9:00? Also, maybe it's my imagination, but I thought RoL was listed as starting at 9:15 on Disney's website, but I don't see it listed AT ALL now. :confused3

I noticed that too!! If you go to the actual page that describes Rivers of Light and select a date over on the right hand side (just above the map), it will give you show times. For my dates, it says they've added a second show at 10:30. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/

It still seems strange that the showtimes aren't displayed on the main Park Hours page.

Looks like May 7 now has AM EMH, at least according to the email I just got from touring plans.

I noticed that too!! If you go to the actual page that describes Rivers of Light and select a date over on the right hand side (just above the map), it will give you show times. For my dates, it says they've added a second show at 10:30. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/

It still seems strange that the showtimes aren't displayed on the main Park Hours page.

It did say 9:15 and 10:30 for RoL in June (at least the first week) until they added EMH for every day in the month, and all of the nighttime show times disappeared. Disney IT at its best.

It did say 9:15 and 10:30 for RoL in June (at least the first week) until they added EMH for every day in the month, and all of the nighttime show times disappeared. Disney IT at its best.

Good grief.lol It's all probably a mistake and now has all the off site folks upset and the rest of us trying to redo plans.

This is Disney's "gift" to on-siters. They heard the screaming loud and clear after they started charging for parking and people saying that they will be staying off site. So, as their incentives to on site were starting to diminish they found a way to rein us back in. If you stay off site this summer good luck with even attempting to ride the new rides at AK and DHS without hours of waiting. Even the right before park closing lines will be huge.

They may be reigning some people back in but they are also pushing some people away completely. We don’t stay on-site, not because we can’t afford it, but because we are frugal people and we see more value in an AirBnb house (we like 2 week trips and we need a kitchen because of food allergies and special diets in the family, we like having separate bedrooms and having a house big enough for lots of people to join us).

Instead of making us decide to stay on-site in the future, this is making us decide not to go back to WDW at all. My youngest is finally getting tall enough for the rides at Universal and we love Harry Potter. Plus we like cruising and tropical locales as well.

I don’t have any dilusions that Disney will care if we don’t come back. But for us the value is gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter