Mini Golf at WDW

We've played both, Fantasia Gardens several times as we always stay in the BWV/BCV or S/D. I would suggest going to Fantasia because if you're at Coronado and taking a bus just for the purpose of going to mini-golf, you can go stroll around the BW area after you are done, go over to Beaches & Cream, or to Ample Hills to get ice cream, so it's not just bussing in for mini-golf and then getting back on the bus.

Just wanted to contribute my experience from today, Saturday 3/7:

We started at Fantasia. Got there around noon. Was told one course had a 40-min wait, and the other had a 50-min wait. (I didn't know about being able to book tee times in advance.)

We didn't want to wait, so we drove over to the Blizzard Beach courses. (BTW, Blizzard Beach was closed today, even thought the temp was about 65--not ideal waterpark temperature, but far from frigid. However, the mini golf was still open.) Note that parking there is very limited; we got the last spot in the lot (though it cleared out by the time we left). There is additional parking at Blizzard Beach, but that's a pretty good walk.

Wintertime course had a 5-minute wait; summertime had none, so we played summer. I thought the course was OK. Nice theme, very fast greens. Only reason we did it was because we had the park hopper plus, and it was no additional charge to us. I think paying $14 or whatever regular price is is way overpriced. (Then again, I suppose there are lots of other places in Disney to spend money faster.) Worth a quick visit if you're looking for a break from the parks or an arrival/departure day but not worth going out of your way (or paying full price) for, in my opinion.

I have a special place in my heart for Fantasia Gardens but does anyone else think it’s looking a little...run down? We played last September and the greens were faded/thinning out, some of the water features were drained/dirty, and it just seemed to have lost a bit of shine which surprised me. Super fun course but missing some of the magic that it used to have.

I've done both Winter Summerland and Fantasia Golf. Both courses are enjoyable and both easy to access. You can get to Fantasia golf by walking from the Swan/Dolphin via the boardwalk (you can walk from Epcot or HS to the boardwalk). You can get to Winter Summerland by taking a bus to the water park!

There is a winter themed side and summer themed side. They are probably a little easier then the Fantasia Golf Course. I'm pretty sure they let you do reservations now., but we've always gone right when they open to ensure a shorter wait.

You'll have fun no matter which one you choose.

I have a special place in my heart for Fantasia Gardens but does anyone else think it’s looking a little...run down? We played last September and the greens were faded/thinning out, some of the water features were drained/dirty, and it just seemed to have lost a bit of shine which surprised me. Super fun course but missing some of the magic that it used to have.
We played it in March and thought the same thing. Definitely in need of a facelift.

Out of curiosity, do you have to call to make a tee time or is the an online option?

You can call 407-WDW-PLAY and make a tee time or just show up.

The phone reservations started in June 2019.

I went in February, just showed up, and waited 10 minutes.

I've done fantasia gardens on a non Disney trip down to Florida. It was fun with no wait. Although I will never go again because I ended up missing Disney, walking towards the swan, walking around the boardwalk, walking into all the hotels, staring at Epcot, and just had to leave due to depression..

Just wanted to contribute my experience from today, Saturday 3/7:

We started at Fantasia. Got there around noon. Was told one course had a 40-min wait, and the other had a 50-min wait. (I didn't know about being able to book tee times in advance.)

We didn't want to wait, so we drove over to the Blizzard Beach courses. (BTW, Blizzard Beach was closed today, even thought the temp was about 65--not ideal waterpark temperature, but far from frigid. However, the mini golf was still open.) Note that parking there is very limited; we got the last spot in the lot (though it cleared out by the time we left). There is additional parking at Blizzard Beach, but that's a pretty good walk.

Wintertime course had a 5-minute wait; summertime had none, so we played summer. I thought the course was OK. Nice theme, very fast greens. Only reason we did it was because we had the park hopper plus, and it was no additional charge to us. I think paying $14 or whatever regular price is is way overpriced. (Then again, I suppose there are lots of other places in Disney to spend money faster.) Worth a quick visit if you're looking for a break from the parks or an arrival/departure day but not worth going out of your way (or paying full price) for, in my opinion.
QFT
was beginning to think I was the only one after reading all these reviews.

unless You are planning on BB anyway, imo it is a waste of time and def overpriced.
I might be spoiled by my local place too because their is very themed with obstacles hole to hole. Disney’s are themed in landscaping more and the holes are just curves and hills in comparison.
that makes it overpriced too

QFT
was beginning to think I was the only one after reading all these reviews.

unless You are planning on BB anyway, imo it is a waste of time and def overpriced.
I might be spoiled by my local place too because their is very themed with obstacles hole to hole. Disney’s are themed in landscaping more and the holes are just curves and hills in comparison.
that makes it overpriced too
I can see your point however it holds the attention of people that golf much better. I haven’t seen too many windmills on the Magnolia course.:duck:

I've done both and really enjoyed both courses. Fantasia is a bit more advanced than your standard mini golf course but still so much fun and beautiful at dusk. Winter/Summerland is more your traditional course and it had a lot of photo ops for your holiday Christmas cards. To get to Fantasia, the easiest is to uber/cab/lyft it there. If you're already in Epcot, you could walk from the International gateway but it will be a hike. To get to Winter/Summerland, take the bus to Blizzard Beach - it shares the same parking lot.

I always preferred Fantasia Gardens for the Fantasia theming. But both are fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter