Moonlight Magic AK

If we have a MM reservation, will they make us leave AK at close, or is there an area where we can go until the party begins?

If we have a MM reservation, will they make us leave AK at close, or is there an area where we can go until the party begins?
You can remain in the park and continue to shop or ride attractions. Once the park officially closes for the night, CMs will start checking for event specific wristbands at attraction entrances.

You can remain in the park and continue to shop or ride attractions. Once the park officially closes for the night, CMs will start checking for event specific wristbands at attraction entrances.
I assume there will be a location for those in the park to get a wristband.

I assume there will be a location for those in the park to get a wristband.
There should be. Exact location(s) will be noted in the details email that is sent out about 1 week prior to your scheduled event night.

Reactions: rlk
I wonder if they will still offer game vouchers like they have in previous years
We were just at AK on June 17… Primeval whirl was completely gone, and all of the carnival games were closed up. I have no idea why!! I hadn’t been there since last Moonlight Magic 😱🎢🎠🎡

That's when AK was staying open later for RoL. I'm hoping with AK closing earlier now that we will be able to enter at 5:00.
I don't recall it ever being before 6 pm, but you never know.
I don't know why the park closing time would matter. IMHO, I think from that from their perspective, if you don't already have tickets or AP, they're gifting you 6 hours in the park.

We were just at AK on June 17… Primeval whirl was completely gone, and all of the carnival games were closed up. I have no idea why!! I hadn’t been there since last Moonlight Magic 😱🎢🎠🎡
The carnival games do not fit in wdw, I always hated the Dino area because it reminded me of six flags or some cheap theme park

Glad to see the carny games removed, hopefully for a new area or rides with a massive upgrade to ak

We were super fortunate to nab tickets for our group on 8/31; the first night of my daughter’s b-day trip! I saw that AK hours are short, closing at 7:00 PM. Do we think we could get in as early as 4:00 PM? Just considering how early folks get in when the parks close at 9:00 PM.

We got in for Sept 28th and my queue number started at 5,500 or so (can’t remember). Our other devices which we closed shortly after were queued at over 12,000. I’m wondering if anyone got in who were queued at such a high number.

When I logged in at 9 AM there were 15,000 ahead of me. I watched the July date close and we got the August date an hour and 10 minutes after the ticketing opened at 11:00 AM.

Makes you wonder on what the capacity is for each date. Anyone have any guesses or actual numbers?
I was texting my mom while I was waiting. My queue started with 15000 folks before me. The July date filled and there were 2000 folks before me in the queue.

I missed out on the July 26 MM by 344. I will probably try again on July 13 but with a twist and thought that I’d run it by here. I would need 2 tickets but am staying at OKW in a studio that sleeps 5 persons. What if I posted the link and my membership number and offered anyone that was able to get a low enough number on the 13th to make a reservation for 5 the extra 3 tickets? The reservation would be sent to my email address and the reservation is worthless without me showing up with my digital membership card and driver’s license. Am I missing anything? If people are going to go on 10 devices to get a reservation, I can play that game And bring it to the next level.

We were super fortunate to nab tickets for our group on 8/31; the first night of my daughter’s b-day trip! I saw that AK hours are short, closing at 7:00 PM. Do we think we could get in as early as 4:00 PM? Just considering how early folks get in when the parks close at 9:00 PM.
I don't understand how the park closing time has anything to do with what time you can get inside AK as a guest attending MM. The park doesn't close for MM party-goers until the MM party is over.

I don't understand how the park closing time has anything to do with what time you can get inside AK as a guest attending MM. The park doesn't close for MM party-goers until the MM party is over.

It’s an opportunity to use the vouchers while more places are open. At the HS MM, the lines at the carts were sometimes longer than the ride lines. If you use the vouchers when the park is open, that’s less time you’ll spend in a line during the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter