Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Nab, your ideas for Nicholas sound really cool. I hear you about finding gifts for people who have everything. I usually end up with a shirt or something for hubby.

I am not all that excited about the wedding, I am nervous, lol. Can't wait till its over and just hope the weather holds up.

Marita how big of a wedding is it? You think something will go wrong? I was a nervous wreck the morning of the wedding thinking stuff wouldn't get done. I don't know how many times I called to see if they got the wine delivered to the venue. It was the only thing we were allowed to bring in on our own. Funny part was hubby and I don't drink much wine so we had no idea how to pick one. All I remember about it was that it was fruity. Probably not a good choice...lol

I'm sure everything will go great for the wedding, Marita! Just focus on being in the moment and letting your happiness for your daughter and new son-in-law shine through!!! Pamper yourself day or so beforehand with a mani-pedi and maybe have someone do your hair and make-up for the big day. You'll look fabulous!

I was a little sad that my daughter didn't ask me to be with her while she was getting ready, but afterward, I realized that that was how she was keeping things calm for both of us. Trust that your daughter has planned ahead and thought a lot of things through for the best day possible ❤

Nab, the wedding is about 100 people, but it is outdoors in her FIL's yard (he has 5 acres). There is no rain back-up and the house is nowhere near enough for that many people. At least it looks now that it will not be cold (fingers crossed), I was really worried about that. I really wish they had done it in an indoor venue (we are paying for it anyway), but it is what it is now.
As for wine, I think we are covered. We have 9 cases, lol, 2 sweet white, 2 dry white, 2 sweet red, 2 dry red, and 1 extra that I don't know what it is... Got it from a Florida winery, I don;t know how good it is, but they went for a tasting while I was laid up with my foot.
So really, weather is my big concern. Oh, plus the fact that future Son in law is going on a ski trip to North Carolina this weekend (never skied before) ONE frigging week before the wedding!!

Sounds like you've got the wine pretty well covered, Marita! For my daughter's rehearsal dinner and wedding, which were in her in-laws' back yard, we had a rented tent with side flaps. It was pretty rainy the night if the rehearsal, but the tent worked pretty well. The only problem was getting between the covered porch where the food was located and the tent. We set up a patio umbrella to help shield us from the rain in between. Fortunately, there were only brief, light sprinkles the evening of the wedding, but it was a bit chilly.

Will you have a rental tent? If not, it might be a good idea!

I think I'd be nervous about my future SIL going on a ski trip the week before too!!! Is it his bachelor party trip?

Happy to hear that you have a retirement date set!!!!!

Moo, no tent rental planned as of now. Weather channel 10 day forecast says 10% chance of rain, but hubby says our local channel said 40% just now. YIKES!
Im not sure we can even get a tent right now, let alone for 100 people. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Well I will cross my fingers for now rain. But I'm with Moo I would look into a tent, you might luck out and find one. Because is it doesn't rain you can just keep the side open ,rain close them. I know it isn't up to you though...lol

Wow skiing a weekend just before ....maybe they are just going to the lodge to party.

Nab, no Lodge, his dad has owns a cabin there. He should be home by now, at least I haven't heard of any accident (fingers crossed).
I don't know if hubby misheard or the TV station messed up, but all other channels have the outlook at 10% chance of rain, so good enough to chance at this late date I guess.
I have one more day of work. My son arrives at 6am Wednesday morning, and Nicole will pick him up that night, not sure for how long. So on Thursday I have to get my nails done and color my hair. Friday, I have no idea what will happen, maybe help set up? There is the rehearsal, but im not sure I am invited for that, lol. Hubby and son will be there.
Saturday night is the wedding, I don't know when we will get there at this point. Sunday it will all be over, thank heavens!

Fingers crossed here as well, Marita, for great weather and a fabulous wedding!

If it were me, I would also splurge on having my hair done at a salon for the wedding!!! My stylist curled my hair for the pre-wedding party that we had here in Michigan, then I took a chance in having my hair done in North Carolina by someone I didn't know and it turned out great for the photos.

Well, for the good news, fiance is back in one piece, my son is at the LA airport right now, and weather forecast is now 80 degrees, no chance of rain!!

Moo, I didn't think your hair was long enough to curl, LOL. Problem is, I don't have a stylist, I usually go to a Quick Cut place. I will just do my usual with the electric curlers, I know what I am getting at least.

AND, drumroll please......... I am now officially on vacation for a week, then 2 days back to work, then a week in California!

Yay, Marita! Enjoy your time off and the wedding festivities!!!

I curl my hair every day with a curling iron to get some body and height! Otherwise it would be stick straight and limp looking because it's so fine... Stylists are able to use a flat iron on my hair to flip it up all over the back (which is hard for me to do without burning myself) for special occasions.

We had the wedding rehearsal tonight, all went well, except most of the groomsmen and bridesmaids were way late!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were lights strung all throughout the trees, it looked really pretty. The ceremony will be held in front of this huge old tree. Weather was great, same as its supposed to be tomorrow, but one thing I didn't count on was mosquitos after it got dark! They had cans of spray available, I just never thought of that in December. Also, it got cool by about 8, so a light jacket will be needed. Other than that, I think all is ready. Oh, and Nicole's wedding ring is beautiful, tiny little diamonds all around the ring.
Tomorrow by this time it will all be over......

Oh, also, i got a mani/pedi and eyebrows done yesterday and colored my hair, and today bought my first shapewear, LOL (usually hidden under flowing blouses) and new makeup stuff. I think I'm ready.

Sounds like a lovely venue, Marita! Darn mosquitoes. I got bit up on Halloween when visiting my cousin in Florida after our Disney visit.

Sounds like you're all ready for the wedding festivities. Fingers crossed for everything to go great tomorrow!!!

Oh how exciting the day must be for you today! Sounds like you are all ready to go too.

I'm sure the Bride and Mother of the Bride will look beautiful today. Enjoy the day with family it will go by fast.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Moo-- glad you got your card. I never know when people get them once they are out of my hands. We had a few to choose from , all my hair was terrible from the heat...lol .

Guess I better start making my Christmas cookies. Everyone is bugging me for them. Not making as many this year. Already told them. Asked what everyone's favourite was and I'm going with that. Usually do 14 different ones I'm down to 7 or 8 types. Of course I say that now , once I start one never knows....

Today's the big day, Marita! Hope you are able to post a few photos in Facebook. I'm sure you're also enjoying your time with your son.

Nabbie, I haven't done much Christmas baking the last several years other than making Chex Mix. That is what everyone wants me to make!!! I have it down to a science to make large batches. The other thing I make for my get together with friends is cheese cookies. They are wonderful with a glass of wine!!! Made with extra sharp cheddar cheese with a bit of cayenne pepper... YUM.

Well, it's over and it was perfect! I wish i had good pictures. I posted on FB
Weather was great, even the mosquitos behaved (after the ceremony). The vows were beautiful and funny. The setting was so pretty, food was great, plenty of drinks, a fun photo booth, a DJ an cornhole games, just was lovely all around. And I am soooooooooo happy it's over, LOL.

Marita your kids are beautiful . They looks happy in that picture you posted.

Love Nicole's dress too , so pretty.

Hope you got to enjoy it and relax at the party since you were so nervous. Can't wait to see you in some pictures.

Rained here last night and today glad they had good weather. It is going to be a green Christmas the weatherman says. I'm ok with that since we drive during the holidays and Nicholas well be coming home on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Thanks, Moo and Nab, it was a perfect night. Thing is, they forecasted 0% chance of rain for yesterday and today, and yesterday was great, but today it's dark and overcast and looking like rain is coming. We really lucked out with the weather.

The newlyweds are going to Amsterdam, London and Iceland for two weeks, so it will be a while before I see any of the professional pics, but I will post on FB.

Nab, I got your card too. Great picture again of the family, the kids have grown so much! I will be nice to have Nicholas home.

I think I'm ready for a nap now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter