New Show - Unwrapped "Disney Delights" on Food Network

Just watched this from DVR and saw myself in the background of the Goofy Candy Co! Whee! They were taping that segment when we were there on 2/4.

Cool!!! I'm jealous... U got to be in DL when they were taping, & u've gotten to see not only the program but urself in it! :)

They squeezed a lot into 30 minutes, but did a good job covering both resorts. Along with an interesting pronunciation of a princess' name.

Glad we weren't the only ones who noticed that. :)

It was a nice show, but it can be so hard for us to watch stuff like that, since so many ingredients keep the snacky foods away from us. Watching the Mickey Bar segment I was so sad that DH and DS can't have them, and was hoping they would say "and we changed our ingredients', but then they actually showed a funnel or tube or something that had "corn syrup" on it, so there went that fantasy! And it's in the ice cream itself (according to the label) so it's not like they can just chip off the chocolate and eat the insides. Sigh.

And the Goofy Candy Co thing was just torture all the way around.

BUT it was nice to see how they make so much of the other things by hand. The cookies, and all those things at WDW...as long as the ingredients are good ones, it makes us happy and those places are more likely to get our money!

For those who are going to be watching the show in 2 nights, they can glance over this thread and see what it was about!

Am I the only one who wanted a longer show? :confused3 I could watch Disney things on tv all day! :goodvibes Goofy's Candy looks so cool! How fun they do parties! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Goofy's Candy like that in towns all over? If you can't go to WDW or DLR, you could go there!

Am I the only one who wanted a longer show? :confused3 I could watch Disney things on tv all day! :goodvibes Goofy's Candy looks so cool! How fun they do parties! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Goofy's Candy like that in towns all over? If you can't go to WDW or DLR, you could go there!

I definitely wanted a longer show! They packed too much into 30 minutes, and furthermore, there was a separate Unwrapped devoted exclusively to WDW from a few years ago, and that one was an hour. This Disney Delights one seemed almost like an add-on to that, and it barely touched on DLR. I wanted more segments on DLR stuff. I wish they done a segment on DLR character dining instead of WDW. I loved the bakery segment, and seeing all those cupcakes (even though some misinformed CMs have flat out told people at DLR that there are no cupcakes there:confused3)!!

They really need to do a whole separate Unwrapped on DLR alone - and I'm shocked they haven't - even if it's only 30 minutes. They have plenty of restaurants to cover at DLR, even though it's not the same variety as WDW's choices. They could certainly do a whole segment on Blue Bayou. There is a separate show called "Into the Fire" which used to air on Food Network, and that focused solely on dining at DLR. But they don't air it anymore, so they should do something on Unwrapped.

But Goofy's Candy Co. does look really fun - I think it would be extremely popular if they added it in to DTD or something in DLR.

Got my DVR set for this evening. I can't record Glee, but no big deal. I have seen all of the Glee episodes. After reading all the comments, I can't wait to see it.

I definitely wanted a longer show! They packed too much into 30 minutes, and furthermore, there was a separate Unwrapped devoted exclusively to WDW from a few years ago, and that one was an hour. This Disney Delights one seemed almost like an add-on to that, and it barely touched on DLR. I wanted more segments on DLR stuff. I wish they done a segment on DLR character dining instead of WDW. I loved the bakery segment, and seeing all those cupcakes (even though some misinformed CMs have flat out told people at DLR that there are no cupcakes there:confused3)!!

They really need to do a whole separate Unwrapped on DLR alone - and I'm shocked they haven't - even if it's only 30 minutes. They have plenty of restaurants to cover at DLR, even though it's not the same variety as WDW's choices. They could certainly do a whole segment on Blue Bayou. There is a separate show called "Into the Fire" which used to air on Food Network, and that focused solely on dining at DLR. But they don't air it anymore, so they should do something on Unwrapped.

But Goofy's Candy Co. does look really fun - I be it would be extremely popular if they added it in to DTD or something in DLR.

I have noticed a definate bias in the media towards WDW. I don't know why. :confused3

I have noticed a definate bias in the media towards WDW. I don't know why. :confused3

You're right - there is a definite bias towards WDW. Now, the obvious reason for that would be that WDW is so huge and there is so much more to do there, but if Food Network or Travel Channel or whomever needs content for a 30-minute show, they could certainly find plenty of material at DLR to fill that time. Heck, I think they could easily fill an hour's worth of show with DLR stuff. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.

Well, to their credit, Travel Channel did have a one-hour DLR-only show a while back, but they rarely air it anymore. They usually only air the WDW shows or the Disney Cruise Line stuff. I have not seen that one-hour Disneyland show in ages and ages.

Certainly it would be easy to fill an hour with DLR stuff. They could do a one segment featuring all 3 hotels - not just the GCH, which is the one that always gets the focus. DLH is interesting because it is the original Disney hotel and it has so many classic Disney details and touches. Then they could do a segment on dining, including Blue Bayou and the DLR-exclusive character dining, as well as Napa Rose. Then they could do a segment on the rides/attractions - especially the ones that are different from other Disney parks. So there are 3 segments of a one-hour show right there. For the fourth segment, maybe they could do a sort of 'hidden gems' thing, or unknown facts about DLR. Maybe they could do a special DLR holiday segment that features stuff about HalloweenTime and holiday time.

An hour could easily be filled up on DLR alone!!

If only you were in charge of tv programming! ;) I got a set of DVDs that I think came from the one hour specials on the travel channel. It has various disc on DL and WDW. I don't think DCA is mentioned or if it is, not that much. It also has one whole disc on Animal Kingdom, but not Epcot. :confused3 Even those, I feel like go to fast. They don't spend long enough showing different attractions. I just want them to hold the camera still and slowly look around. :rotfl:

An hour could easily be filled up on DLR alone!!

Heya,

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there was a "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" episode dedicated to Disneyland a couple of months ago. It covered Napa Rose and a few other things in the park. Still just 30 minutes, but it was all Disneyland/California Adventure.

Heya,

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there was a "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" episode dedicated to Disneyland a couple of months ago. It covered Napa Rose and a few other things in the park. Still just 30 minutes, but it was all Disneyland/California Adventure.

Are you talking about "Guy's Disney Holiday" (which was a special edition of D,D&D)? He had a segment on Napa Rose in that and the show was all about DLR at holiday time. That was one of the only shows that was all about DLR.

I think "Unwrapped" should do a show specifically about DLR, and they need to do an updated one-hour show about DLR on the Travel Channel that covers the hotels, the attractions, the food - all of it.

Are you talking about "Guy's Disney Holiday" (which was a special edition of D,D&D)? He had a segment on Napa Rose in that and the show was all about DLR at holiday time. That was one of the only shows that was all about DLR.

I think "Unwrapped" should do a show specifically about DLR, and they need to do an updated one-hour show about DLR on the Travel Channel that covers the hotels, the attractions, the food - all of it.

Yep that was the one. The real issue is that most in-park dining in Disneyland is sub-par, and not something they would want to show on TV. ;) Disneyworld has a huge advantage here with quality and variety.

A special on Downtown Disney would be nice though! Cover Ralph Brennan's, Catal, etc. That would be a fun show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter