News Round Up 2017

Tumbler monkeys were there in February. They did bouncing on trampolines, bars, and trapeze type acrobatics. It was pretty much the same show I saw in 2013 and 2015.
I spoke with a cast member about the tumble monkeys the other day when they didn't perform at the 8:00 performance Monday. He said that they currently don't have enough tumble monkeys to perform at each show. Currently several shows each day will not have the regular tumble monkey performance.

I spoke with a cast member about the tumble monkeys the other day when they didn't perform at the 8:00 performance Monday. He said that they currently don't have enough tumble monkeys to perform at each show. Currently several shows each day will not have the regular tumble monkey performance.

I wonder if this is a budget issue or talent acquisition issue.

Yes one was injured I believe so they are short and haven't hired anyone else.

Saw that wdwnt put out an article with all of the EPCOT update stories/rumors some of which they think will be confirmed at D23 - I think this is a bit of a catch-all of any thoughts that ever been out there but thought it was a good summary and a few I don't recall seeing before (multi-level table service restaurant in Innoventions, a new Journey into Imagination ride that uses both Figment and Inside Out)

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/d23-e...t-way-disney-character-5-year-expansion-plan/

Saw that wdwnt put out an article with all of the EPCOT update stories/rumors some of which they think will be confirmed at D23 - I think this is a bit of a catch-all of any thoughts that ever been out there but thought it was a good summary and a few I don't recall seeing before (multi-level table service restaurant in Innoventions, a new Journey into Imagination ride that uses both Figment and Inside Out)

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/d23-e...t-way-disney-character-5-year-expansion-plan/

Don't recall hearing about Innoventions East and West being demolished. I skeptical that the old Wonders of Life Pavilion would be demolished. It's used extensively for the Food & Wine Festival and also for Flower & Garden.

Big Hero 6 is NOT JAPAN. Sure, the town "San Fransokyo" (which, by the way, has always felt like an incredibly lazy name and concept coming from Disney) had some Asian influence, it is NOT A JAPAN-BASED FILM. I believe the comics are based in actual Japan, right? If I remember right the movie is kinda only loosely based on the comics too. So using that in the Japan pavilion is kinda insulting to how much culture and history Japan actually has, IMO.

I believe the comics are based in actual Japan, right? If I remember right the movie is kinda only loosely based on the comics too.

Yep, if I recall, Big Hero 6 was Japan's superteam in the Marvel universe. Sort of like how Alpha Flight was Canada's team. The movie (which I liked) was a very loose adaptation

We have ongoing discussions about the WDWNT rumors in two other threads. Let's keep it there please. My rumor round up article also covers some of these rumors as well as others regarding Epcot that I have heard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter