News Round Up 2017

Big Hero 6 is NOT JAPAN. Sure, the town "San Fransokyo" (which, by the way, has always felt like an incredibly lazy name and concept coming from Disney) had some Asian influence, it is NOT A JAPAN-BASED FILM. I believe the comics are based in actual Japan, right? If I remember right the movie is kinda only loosely based on the comics too. So using that in the Japan pavilion is kinda insulting to how much culture and history Japan actually has, IMO.
I think Big Hero 6 is better for Future World and would probably end up there based on rumors I have heard.

I know Disney likes to include as many kids as possible in their new rides but I would love a ride that has some kind of thrill. A solid drop would be a good start.
Make sure you temper your expectations. Slinky coaster is meant for kids, with Toy Story Land a cousin to Fantasyland - meant for young children for a park that currently has very little for that crowd. Expect Barnstormer/SDMT level thrills.

Make sure you temper your expectations. Slinky coaster is meant for kids, with Toy Story Land a cousin to Fantasyland - meant for young children for a park that currently has very little for that crowd. Expect Barnstormer/SDMT level thrills.

it certainly looks bigger than Barnstormer and with the launch I think it will be a bit "more" than Barnstormer. I think 7DMT is probably good comparison

I have very low expectations for thrills at WDW. I live near Cedar Point. That's where I get my real thrills.;)

it certainly looks bigger than Barnstormer and with the launch I think it will be a bit "more" than Barnstormer. I think 7DMT is probably good comparison
I think you're probably right, I just know as soon as the comparison to SDMT is drawn, the expectation is that it's at least as good, and if it's not (I don't think the theming will be on par at all), then you get massive "so disappointed" threads.

I will say Everest is a pretty intense roller coaster though. Not cedar point level but you hit some decent g's in those helixes
I love EE. And RnR is not too shabby, either. Rode it recently for the first time and wasn't expecting the intensity I got:scared1:

I think you're probably right, I just know as soon as the comparison to SDMT is drawn, the expectation is that it's at least as good, and if it's not (I don't think the theming will be on par at all), then you get massive "so disappointed" threads.

well, you already have tons of people disappointed with 7DMT because they were expecting Big Thunder Mountain - but yeah, I agree - the themeing won't be there. Guess I just meant as far as trill level and scale it will be more than Barnstormer

well, you already have tons of people disappointed with 7DMT because they were expecting Big Thunder Mountain - but yeah, I agree - the themeing won't be there. Guess I just meant as far as trill level and scale it will be more than Barnstormer
I just wish 7DMT was longer because I love it. I love Snow White and the AAs in there for the Dwarves? amazing.

I love that the Cottage scene reused the AAs from the old Snow White attraction

I agree it could be longer - but I just like zipping around Fantasyland and seeing the Castle coming in and out of view.

It is amazing. It's kinda symbolic too going through Snow White and seeing all that has developed since the first princess movie

Think it was already posted on the other Star Wars thread, but news just hit this morning that Ron Howard is confirmed as the new SOLO director ...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...an-solo-movie-ron-howard-steps-direct-1015674

Great choice! ... but I just sort of figured Howard wasn't interested in directing a Star Wars film

EDIT: Got beat to the punch while I was typing

Not happy with this. He's been good in the past, but hasn't made a decent movie since Cinderella Man. (I haven't seen Frost/Nixon though, but even that was 9 years ago.) Doesn't help that I was really looking forward to Lord/Miller's take, though can admit much of what they've done is very tongue in cheek and there's a good probably that Lucasfilm doesn't want a Star Wars film to make fun of itself.

Not happy with this. He's been good in the past, but hasn't made a decent movie since Cinderella Man. (I haven't seen Frost/Nixon though, but even that was 9 years ago.) Doesn't help that I was really looking forward to Lord/Miller's take, though can admit much of what they've done is very tongue in cheek and there's a good probably that Lucasfilm doesn't want a Star Wars film to make fun of itself.
Wasn't In the Heart of the Sea supposed to be really good?

News

A number of Disney/Star Wars/Marvel/ABC stars will be receiving stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2018.

The list includes Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Lin-Manuel Miranda (Moana, Mary Poppins Returns), Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy), Jeff Goldblum (Thor: Ragnarok), Shonda Rhimes (ABC Producer), Anthony Anderson (Black-ish) and Minnie Mouse.

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/0...-receive-stars-on-the-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter