• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No the Magic isn’t gone but it’s at 25%

I feel a support group coming together :) I still owe you a butterbeer I think - so I have no problem having our first meeting in Hogsmeade!
You missed the opportunity last month but that would have been great!

1654802842988.png

Sure was delicious though, aww now I wanna go back 😭

You missed the opportunity last month but that would have been great!

View attachment 675106

Sure was delicious though, aww now I wanna go back 😭
I feel the pain, and the addiction these parks create - those butterbeer dole whip pushers! I am trying so hard to work in a Universal Day so bad on one of these next trips - but always outnumbered.

If people don't speak with their wallets then expect nothing to change. You can complain all you want on a fan board, but if you continue to give them your money then you're accomplishing nothing. I went made the best of it and had a great time. I won't be going back until some improvements in genie plus are made, Tron is open, and room discounts return. It's not a hard decision to make. I'm not here to defend Disney, but I've never had a bad WDW vacation. There is a limit to what I am willing to spend though and I think I've hit my limit. A Disney ship is my happy place anyway.
I’ve being going since the early 90s and have never had a bad Disney vacation either and I’m hoping my one in two weeks time won’t be either. I’m not going there with a negative mindset and I fully intend to enjoy myself as much as possible whilst I’m there. I don’t stay onsite because it’s not worth it imo and my family have a timeshare in the area so they were never getting that money from me in the first place.

The two trips I’m taking this year were already booked and paid for in 2020 before the pandemic hit and have been rearranged multiple times due to border restrictions not being lifted in time so I’m going there regardless of how I feel about certain managerial decisions because I’m not losing thousands of pounds I’ve already spent over it. My flights to Florida are already booked for next year but whether I go to Disney or just do the other parks in the area on that trip all depends on how well these two trips go.

I think the discussion on here has been quite level headed so far compared to other places on the internet. Take one look at Twitter, TikTok or Reddit and you’ll see a lot more harsher and volatile criticism on those platforms from more diehard fans than I’ll ever be than has been voiced on here. The majority of them are Disney influencers in someway or another.

I think the discussion on here has been quite level headed so far compared to other places on the internet. Take one look at Twitter, TikTok or Reddit and you’ll see a lot more harsher and volatile criticism on those platforms from more diehard fans than I’ll ever be than has been voiced on here. The majority of them are Disney influencers in someway or another.
I agree. If anyone thinks the discussions on here are too negative, then don't join any Disney Facebook page. I'm on a WDW page and it's like a battlefield on there. The amount of toxicity is insane. The annual passholders ones are so bad I actually had to leave after joining one for less than 12 hours.

I agree. If anyone thinks the discussions on here are too negative, then don't join any Disney Facebook page. I'm on a WDW page and it's like a battlefield on there. The amount of toxicity is insane. The annual passholders ones are so bad I actually had to leave after joining one for less than 12 hours.
Surely Chapek and the Powers That Be know of this discontent amongst the guests?

When you have kids you may sing a different tune. You have no idea what it costs to clothe and feed them on a daily basis much less what it costs to feed them at WDW. Maybe you are super rich and can do it, but most families can't afford Disney world as it is much less spend and an extra 2-3k on express passes.
I have 2 kids, and we just stayed at Hard rock becasue it included express passes. We stay Deluxe at Disney so I'd be glad if they went the same route.

I have 2 kids, and we just stayed at Hard rock becasue it included express passes. We stay Deluxe at Disney so I'd be glad if they went the same route.
Disney deluxes are at least double Universal. I doubt they would offer discounts if express passes were included. I’m not about to spend 800 a night for a resort. Like I said I’ve reached my limit on what I’m willing to spend at WDW. As much as I love it I’m not going to bankrupt or get angry over all the changes. The only reason we went so much the last two years were the deep discounts and Florida was open for business. The rest of the World is opening and international travel is coming back. I don‘t think we’re too far off from room discounts returning. My guess is under a year.

Surely Chapek and the Powers That Be know of this discontent amongst the guests?
Maybe they do but I doubt they care as long as these same people arguing are still giving them money. Right before checking back on here I just read an argument on one of these groups as to whether MK should serve hard liquor or not. People were really at each other's throats over alcohol in a theme park rather than discussing actual criticisms.

Disney deluxes are at least double Universal. I doubt they would offer discounts if express passes were included. I’m not about to spend 800 a night for a resort. Like I said I’ve reached my limit on what I’m willing to spend at WDW. As much as I love it I’m not going to bankrupt or get angry over all the changes. The only reason we went so much the last two years were the deep discounts and Florida was open for business. The rest of the World is opening and international travel is coming back. I don‘t think we’re too far off from room discounts returning. My guess is under a year.
I spent $500/night at hard rock. You can get a room at WL or SSR for about that same price...

I feel the pain, and the addiction these parks create - those butterbeer dole whip pushers! I am trying so hard to work in a Universal Day so bad on one of these next trips - but always outnumbered.
Oh come on! Did you have to mention dole whip 😋 Now I want one and be transported back to MK

1654811860213.png

Side note my DISer group of friends missed our park touring time so much we've planned a Silver Dollar City weekend trip for next month. For 4 of us it's around a 3 1/2 hour drive for the other 2 actually coming (we have like 9 of us total in our DISer group) they are coming from Orlando..but hey we went down there for their wedding last month soooo :rolleyes1 Sadly no Dole Whips or Butterbeers in sight for that trip but it'll do I suppose ;)

Oh come on! Did you have to mention dole whip 😋 Now I want one and be transported back to MK

View attachment 675138

Side note my DISer group of friends missed our park touring time so much we've planned a Silver Dollar City weekend trip for next month. For 4 of us it's around a 3 1/2 hour drive for the other 2 actually coming (we have like 9 of us total in our DISer group) they are coming from Orlando..but hey we went down there for their wedding last month soooo :rolleyes1 Sadly no Dole Whips or Butterbeers in sight for that trip but it'll do I suppose ;)

That should be a fun trip, I have only 49 more days left, to the next trip!
I think we found the where the 25% of the magic went. :worship:

I spent $500/night at hard rock. You can get a room at WL or SSR for about that same price...
That’s very unusual. I paid 325.00 at PBH last month. In August I paid about the same for club level at Hardrock. Universal discounts have been as scarce as Disneys this year, but considering the state of the economy I expect discounts to return next year.

In normal years Universal resorts have been considerably cheaper. The best way to get a good discount at Universal is to upgrade to an annual. It cost me 25.00 each to upgrade my 3 day park hoppers to seasonal annual passes..total steal.

Don’t miss the SDC cinnamon bread. It’s exceptional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter