November '08 ~ What Do You Mean It's Over? Should we plan another???

My DH and I will be staying at Shades of Green 8-14 Nov 2008. We'll be on a 7 day cruise 1-8 Nov. Right now we're planning on taking the auto train down again, but need to decide soon if we might fly because my DH has a ton of FF miles that we could use. I'm already researching ADR's. This will be my 4th trip since 1989 ('89, '98, '05).
:cheer2: Welcome to our party! Hope this thread will offer lots of support to you! Have you made reservations somewhere yet? Okay, I just re-read and saw that you will be at SOG.
Ooooo, count me in! My mom's work has a conference at the Dolphin so DD and I get to tag along for (mostly) free! I have an old park-hopper ticket to use, so I only have to buy DD's ticket and pay for our food. Oh...and we get to go to MVMCP too if the party dates are similar to this year's!

So we'll be at the Dolphin from Nov 14-19, reservation made today! :woohoo:

WOW!!!
Welcome to our planning party, ShannonRT!:dance3: You will be there around the same time as me.:upsidedow

I have added you both to the list!:woohoo:

Jo

I'm waiting to make reservations until we're positive on the party size. Most likely there will be 6 of us but DD16's boyfriends parents haven't decided if he can come yet. Even if he can't hopefully she can find another friend who can come. Anyway, I figure I have some time.

I have ordered my Passporter, Unofficial Guide and joined Tour Guide Mike awhile though. :eek: Lots of info to ingest. All to make a better planned trip!

This is great that so many will be there in November!

Thanks! We just got back a few weeks ago from San Diego and a Mex. Riviera cruise but I'm ready to go to WDW right now.

Hey there - Will be making our ressies at the end of the month booking BWV but hope to change them to VWL and BCV at the 7 month window.

Planning to do MNSSHP on 30/10 and fit in MVMCP too if they start early enough.

ANyone else planning to do MVMCP? :)

Hey there - Will be making our ressies at the end of the month booking BWV but hope to change them to VWL and BCV at the 7 month window.

Planning to do MNSSHP on 30/10 and fit in MVMCP too if they start early enough.

ANyone else planning to do MVMCP? :)

I'm hoping too. I think my kids will love it.

I will join the group! We are from CA so are AP holders to Disneyland and go all the time but have only been to DW twice. Once in May of 02 and once in Oct/Nov of 05. We have done Flower and Garden Festival and Food and Wine Festival which we LOVED and we just hit the beginning of the Christmas and REALLY wanted to see that soooo we are going for that next time. We wanted to avoid the Thanksgiving madness but with my kids being in school it is SO hard for them to miss that much school so we are going to fight the masses and go Thanksgiving week. I know I know it is going to be nuts but so be it.

We are leaving on the 20th of Nov next year and flying in. We plan to stay the first few night at Universal, probably Hard Rock. We plan to go to Universal on that Friday (actually IoA). Then on Saturday we will check out and not too sure what we will do but most likely go to DTD and fart around during the day because we can't check into our time share until 4 and my dad may be flying in that day as well (he has to stay behind as my teen is not able to come, she is going to her mom's in Arizona for the holiday) But then we will most likely go to dinner in Epcot that evening and then spend the week at our timeshare and touring the parks making sure to see the osborne lights, holidays around the world, we will spend our thanksgiving meal at epcot, probably at coral reef, and then that Friday I don't know if we will go to the parks or not, may try to stay away. But then that Saturday we have to check out of the timeshare and we are going to check into Pop Century and that night we want to see Candlelight Processional at Epcot and then Sunday night hope to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and then head home on Monday.

I am hoping by doing it that way we will avoid some of the rush at the airports but we shall see.

Plus it kind of stinks to have to move around the hotels but we only get our timeshare for a week so it was necessary but we are very excited to get to see all of the holiday happenings.

Finally less than 365 days!! Woo Hoo!! Our time share is all booked and I figure beginning of January I can start looking into booking the Pop and the Hard Rock then I just have to look into airfare and such!!

Welcome to the November gang! My family plans to go from the 8th through the 15th. :cool1:

Dawn will there be a P & P Party in November??? I thought with the Halloween and Christmas Parties there wouldn't be any??

Firechick - sorry to confuse you. We are DVC members and at 11 months out we can book our 'home' resort which is the Boardwalk, but at 7 months out you can change it to one of the other DVC resorts if there is availability. :) Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

I am really looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival too :banana:

I hope there will be. From posts I've read I think so. I've never been to one. Is there anyone who has been there this month that can answer that question for sure?

I thought the P & P parties were in late January, February and early March. That's the only time I've ever known them to be. It is my understanding that Disney added these to try and boost attendance during that slow time of year.

I will join the group! We are from CA so are AP holders to Disneyland and go all the time but have only been to DW twice. Once in May of 02 and once in Oct/Nov of 05. We have done Flower and Garden Festival and Food and Wine Festival which we LOVED and we just hit the beginning of the Christmas and REALLY wanted to see that soooo we are going for that next time. We wanted to avoid the Thanksgiving madness but with my kids being in school it is SO hard for them to miss that much school so we are going to fight the masses and go Thanksgiving week. I know I know it is going to be nuts but so be it.

We are leaving on the 20th of Nov next year and flying in. We plan to stay the first few night at Universal, probably Hard Rock. We plan to go to Universal on that Friday (actually IoA). Then on Saturday we will check out and not too sure what we will do but most likely go to DTD and fart around during the day because we can't check into our time share until 4 and my dad may be flying in that day as well (he has to stay behind as my teen is not able to come, she is going to her mom's in Arizona for the holiday) But then we will most likely go to dinner in Epcot that evening and then spend the week at our timeshare and touring the parks making sure to see the osborne lights, holidays around the world, we will spend our thanksgiving meal at epcot, probably at coral reef, and then that Friday I don't know if we will go to the parks or not, may try to stay away. But then that Saturday we have to check out of the timeshare and we are going to check into Pop Century and that night we want to see Candlelight Processional at Epcot and then Sunday night hope to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and then head home on Monday.

I am hoping by doing it that way we will avoid some of the rush at the airports but we shall see.

Plus it kind of stinks to have to move around the hotels but we only get our timeshare for a week so it was necessary but we are very excited to get to see all of the holiday happenings.

Finally less than 365 days!! Woo Hoo!! Our time share is all booked and I figure beginning of January I can start looking into booking the Pop and the Hard Rock then I just have to look into airfare and such!!

Welcome!:cheer2:

It looks like you have a lot going on during your vacation.:) It will be fun! Besides, you are well-seasoned DL go'ers, so the Parks won't be *totally* foreign to you.

I'd like to add you to the List in th OP, can you give me the exact dates and hotels where you'll be?

Again, welcome to our group!

Jo

We went last year in October (late) into Novemeber, and the crowds were little to non-existent, the weather was perfect and the F&W festival was wonderful.

I have been between Christmas and New Years, and then again right after New Years and the crowds were :eek:

Never been during Thanksgiving.

I'm still mulling over the thought of MVMCP. I just don't know if I want to pay the extra money for the hard ticket event when I have already been at Christmas before.

Decisions, decisions. :laughing: At least we have a while to ponder...

Jo

I have a friend from this board who is going next week I think. I'd like to get some detail of the MVMCP from her before I decide to go or not next year.

Bummer that the P&PP won't be there. That's the one I really wanted to go to!

We did MVMCP last year and loved it, although with a 10 month old we didn't stay late :)

I loved the parade and the Mickey show :) Oh and the snow on Main Street !

Just checking in with my fellow November travelers!

Has anyone done anything for next year's trip this week?

I picked up a couple of items at Target for Tinkerbelle gifts...

That's about it. Oh, and just planning and dreaming it was closer to the time to go!

Jo

Just checking in with my fellow November travelers!

Has anyone done anything for next year's trip this week?

I picked up a couple of items at Target for Tinkerbelle gifts...

That's about it. Oh, and just planning and dreaming it was closer to the time to go!

Jo

LOL, Dreaming is about all I have done too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter